Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe (3287 Views)

ICYMI: Bini, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / Bini, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by OTlandlord: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
This debate of whether the binis came from yoruba or vice versa would never end. Its a generational debate. Our children's children would still debate this grin grin grin
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
Your village is your village, Lagos is a cosmopolitan area that belongs to everybody!

Lagos was already the Mercantile and Commercial headquarters of Yorubaland long before your ancestors heard of or set eyes on it for the very first time

When your ancestors first stepped into Lagos they sang Hallelujah to God Almighty because they thought they had entered into the Promised Land

From that time till today their descendants have been unable to take their eyes off Lagos and that is one of the reasons for this mischievous thread

Zik couldn't take his eyes off Yoruba Lagos

Ojukwu couldn't take his eyes off Lagos and sent Soldiers to invade it

Nnamdi Kanu the Terrorist couldn't take his eyes off Lagos and sent IPOB to burn down Lagos

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
You don't know your own history. Before the British came you guys were fighting yourselves to death. Nothing like a united Yoruba front until less than 60yrs ago. So which Yorubaland are you talking about. How much influence do you have in Lagos compared to the average Igbo man in Lagos?
christistruth01:

Lagos was already the Mercantile and Commercial headquarters of Yorubaland long before your ancestors heard of or set eyes on it for the very first time
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by Ttalk: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
Your village is your village, Lagos is a cosmopolitan area that belongs to everybody!

I know you won't learn, since you are village goon and only see Lagos as city and don't realised it is fused up with many districts and towns. That is why we have many Obas governing their territories within the larger state you refer to as city.
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
You don't know your own history. Before the British came you guys were fighting yourselves to death. Nothing like a united Yoruba front until less than 60yrs ago. So which Yorubaland are you talking about. How much influence do you have in Lagos compared to the average Igbo man in Lagos?

You don't have a Clue about Yoruba History

It is my sincere Opinion that it is People like yourself that have been frustrating genuine Nation builders amongst your kinsmen and tribe

Not only do you not know how to unite people but where you see United people you try to scatter them out of spite and envy
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
You have no influence in Lagos. It's for everybody as the resources used in building it is from all over the country mostly Niger Delta.
Ttalk:

I know you won't learn, since you are village goon and only see Lagos as city and don't realised it is fused up with many districts and towns. That is why we have many Obas governing their territories within the larger state you refer to as city.

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stop going through emotional blackmail.
You're not from Lagos like everyone else. The only reason you identify with Lagos is because of Nigeria. Are there no Yorubas in Benin Republic? Why not claim a land there as Yoruba land?
christistruth01:

You don't have a Clue about Yoruba History

It is my sincere Opinion that it is People like yourself that have been frustrating genuine Nation builders amongst your kinsman

Not only do you not know how to unite people but where you see United people you try to scatter them
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by TAO11(f): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
Aworis say: Our ancestral root (just as other Yoruba subgroups) is of course Ile-Ife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-cG1nC8fM

Igbo with low-self-esteem: I will commit suicide. embarassed

Me: What are you waiting for? cheesy

Cheers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
Stop going through emotional blackmail.
You're not from Lagos like everyone else. The only reason you identify with Lagos is because of Nigeria. Are there no Yorubas in Benin Republic? Why not claim a land there as Yoruba land?

Yorubas are not dragging Onitsha with you

Be contented with what God has bequeathed to you

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by Ttalk: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
You have no influence in Lagos. It's for everybody as the resources used in building it is from all over the country mostly Niger Delta.

Ode, and when we ask where you are from you would mention one forest jungle from that erosion ravaged region.

Tell me what exactly your region contributed in development of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
TAO11:
Aworis say: Our ancestral root (just as other Yoruba subgroups) is of course Ile-Ife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-cG1nC8fM

Igbo with low-self-esteem: I will commit suicide. embarassed

Me: What are you waiting for? cheesy

Cheers.

Tao11 Kiti gbe O !
Welcome back on duty
The envious ones have started using Lagos History for their target Practice again

They say they want Biafra but they just can't take their eyes off Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
I'm not from Onitsha but I can stay in Onitsha as well as Lagos by virtue of being a Nigerian and I have same right as people from Onitsha and those who migrated to Lagos earlier.

If you insist on one Nigeria then one Nigeria it is. Nobody owns anything!
christistruth01:

Yorubas are not dragging Onitsha with you

Be contented with what God has bequeathed to you
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Oil from my region was used to build all the federal roads in Lagos including the 3rd mainland bridge. Majority of the infrastructures were built with Niger Delta oil wealth
Ttalk:

Ode, and when we ask where you are from you would mention one forest jungle from that erosion ravaged region.

Tell me what exactly your region contributed in development of Lagos?
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
I'm not from Onitsha but I can stay in Onitsha as well as Lagos by virtue of being a Nigerian and I have same right as people from Onitsha and those who migrated to Lagos earlier.

Your attitude helps one to understand better why Awolowo thought that Azikiwe becoming Premier of the Western Region was a totally foolish and unworkable idea

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:

Your attitude helps one to understand better why Awolowo thought that Azikiwe becoming Premier of the Western Region was a totally foolish and unworkable idea

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2018/09/05/2019-bianca-not-anambra-cant-senator-ojukwus-family-vow/%3famp=1

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
I do not care about Azikiwe and Awolowo.
They ruined Nigeria from foundation.

Your comment makes no sense because if Awolowo doesn't want Azikiwe as premier in West, why form same country with him?

Bush was governor of Texas why is brother was governor of another US state(North Carolina I think). If you wanna practice US Federal system, do it but not a caricature of it
christistruth01:

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by Jimasun: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
Oil from my region was used to build all the federal roads in Lagos including the 3rd mainland bridge. Majority of the infrastructures were built with Niger Delta oil wealth
Oil from which region?
Ondo state produces more oil than any state in SE

3 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by Jimasun: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
I do not care about Azikiwe and Awolowo.
They ruined Nigeria from foundation.

Your comment makes no sense because if Awolowo doesn't want Azikiwe as premier in West, why form same country with him?

Bush was governor of Texas why is brother was governor of another US state(North Carolina I think). If you wanna practice US Federal system, do it but not a caricature of it
Go and rule your region. Always trying to steal what belongs to others.

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
I'm not from SE! Besides those oil wells in Ondo belong to Ijaws that Obj carved into Ondo.

How much oil from those wells compared to the oil allocation that has gone to SW since 1970? undecided
Jimasun:

Oil from which region?

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
You stole from the old eastern region when you insisted they must remain in Nigeria.

You don't know what you've done by that singular act. We will buy up properties in Lagos so much so that in 300yrs from now our descendants would be the landlords of Lagos and collecting rent. Your only savior would be when Biafra comes!
Jimasun:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by GreatBoss: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
I'm not from SE! Besides those oil wells in Ondo belong to Ijaws that Obj carved into Ondo.

How much oil from those wells compared to the oil allocation that has gone to SW since 1970? undecided

All these Nigerian evils done to Ijaw will be ended, of the full actualisation of Ijaw Republic.
Only Egbema clan here, have over 350 villages and settlements under it.
Only Egbema clan alone.
The Ijaw Republic people.

God bless the Ijaw Republic.
God bless General Ditari.

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by Ttalk: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
Jimasun:

Oil from which region?

Please help me tell him. Lagos also produces oil, don't mind that hateful soul. Mr attache by force.

Every nation in old Eastern region know it's boundary, by the time you get your nation you would realised that those nations will carve out their region and leave your cursed settlement with primitive attitude of hatred and jelousy

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:

Biafra doesn't have Oil Money

It is Niger Delta that has Oil Money

Biafra is Just doing Long Throat

Besides Lagos had its Own Money and Wealth long before Oil was discovered

Lagos has been the richest Port in West Africa for at least two Centuries

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
I'm from Nigeria, from Biafra, from Niger Delta and from South South.

Lagos has always being built with Nigeria money right from 1914 when the protectorates were amalgamated
christistruth01:

Biafra doesn't have Oil Money

It is Niger Delta that has Oil Money

Biafra is Just doing Long Throat

Besides Lagos had its Own Money and Wealth long before Oil was discovered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Jimasun:

He can't go and rule his region because IPOB are busy setting it ablaze and turning it into a big Bonfire

So he has now devoted himself to dragging Lagos with Yorubas instead
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by GreatBoss: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ttalk:

Please help me tell him. Lagos also produces oil, don't mind that hateful soul. Mr attache by force.

Every nation in old Eastern region know it's boundary, by the time you get your nation you would realised that those nations will carve out their region and leave your cursed settlement with primitive attitude of hatred and jelousy

Lagos oil is still kept save and untapped till today.
It's Ijaw crude oil all of una dey enjoy.

Soon we go leave Nigeria.
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by ThEGodFaThEr106: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:
You stole from the old eastern region when you insisted they must remain in Nigeria.

You don't know what you've done by that singular act. We will buy up properties in Lagos so much so that in 300yrs from now our descendants would be the landlords of Lagos and collecting rent. Your only savior would be when Biafra comes!
Afonja people right now

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by christistruth01: 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
DMerciful:

Go and read your C of O documents again

It is a 99 year Leasehold after which the Land would return to the indigenous Landowners

The Governor can revoke it at anytime
and if you fail to pay your Land rent for 5 years the Landowners can revoke it

1 Like

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by DMerciful(m): 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
Most of the governors of Lagos are not originally from Lagos!
christistruth01:

Go and read your C of O documents again

It is a 99 year Leasehold after which the Land would return to the indigenous Landowners

The Governor can revoke it at anytime
and if you fail to pay your Land rent for 5 years the Landowners can revoke it
Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by AdedoyinO(f): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2021
DMerciful:
Nothing like Awori Yoruba. Yoruba are Oyo people. Aworis are a distinct people. Yoruba propaganda media wants everyone to believe that the entire SW are all Yoruba when other regions have missed ethnicities

Hellooo. I am Awori and fully Yoruba, and no Oyo people are not the only Yoruba people around. T for thanks

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by AdedoyinO(f): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2021
Nooel1:
A former President of the Association of Lagos State Indigenes, Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe, in this interview with BAYO AKINLOYE says the real owners of Lagos are the Binin, not the Yoruba.

WHAT IS YOUR LINEAGE AS A LAGOSIAN?
My grandfather was Ajayi Bembe; the eighth Obanikoro of Lagos – my father was the last of his children. My mother was the first child of Gbajabiamila (of Olowogbowo fame) – of course, of Lagos.

WHAT ABOUT ALHAJI FEMI OKUNNU’S VIEW OF THE AWORI BEING THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF LAGOS?

WHO ARE THE AWORI? [s]The Awori and the Binin are the same. If an Awori spoke to me when I was young, I understood him. My parents spoke Awori. The Awori are partly from Dahomey and partly from Benin[/s].
My forebears came from the riverine area through the Bight of Benin and settled in Badagry for a long time before moving down to Lagos. And when they moved down to Lagos where did they go? They went to Idunsagbe – a place famed for Bini culture and tradition. I am an Awori. Tell me, which state did they create for the Awori now? If you say the indigenous people of Lagos State are the Awori, then the Awori are the Bini. We must put history in its right perspective. The right perspective is that Lagos does not belong to the Yoruba; it belongs to the Bini.

Comment your views ?

And the person who said this is supposed to be an elder statesman? This is either ghana-must-go talking or brown envelope or maybe bank transfer.

What sort of pálapàla did I just read up there? Awori, Bini, Bawo?

Aworis are fully Yoruba and there's no iota of Dahomey or Benin, Bini in them.

That other Yoruba groups are the majority holding the Lagos political space should be blamed on the Aworis not being politically savvy.
Then we have the Eguns and Ijebus also as indigenes in Lagos state I am still looking for where Binis are claiming as their territory in Lagos.

Awọn history twisters oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe by Christistruth00: 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2021
DMerciful:
Most of the governors of Lagos are not originally from Lagos!

All Lagos Governors are From the SW or at least Yoruba

Do not bring your Osu bad Belle Politics of bitterness to SW

The fact that you adamantly and absolutely refuse to allow your own brother Igbos from other States to rule your State doesn’t mean everyone everywhere must copy you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayajida !? / Why Do Igbos Pronounce English Words Incorrectly?? / Afro Asiatic Language Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.