Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. (1659 Views)

Will God Accept Money Made Illigally When Given As Tithe Or Offering In Church / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe - Reno Omokri Wades In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Textra:

You are right, but saying someone not paying tithes will miserable and poor is nothing but a lie Sir... Tithes is not the only key that open door for financial blessings Sir. Thank you.

True!

Tithe is not the only Key.

It is however one of the Tumblers in A Safe which ought to "fall" before that Safe Door can be opened.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Princewell2012:

Oga it is up to you. Weather you drink gari and sleep or you eat chicken and salad at least food ha food. Lazarus also make heaven and he was very poor while on earth grin grin and Abraham also make heaven with all his riches here and even habour Lazarus in his house in heaven grin so the decission is yours no be fight.

Oh I see, didn't Jesus talk about not having treasures on earth?

And who's the author of our faith, Abraham or Jesus?
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ayo081:

Actually, the poster wasn't talking about that.

He is, but his heart is where his treasure is!
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He is, but his heart is where his treasure is!

I hope not
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by jmoore(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Princewell2012:

Then they shall pay with their blood. Because the did not believe in the name of our aLord Jesus.

You should also ask me why the ritualist have money? Any man who is not a Christian and is rich have already tied his soul to the devil. You are the one that think they don't tithe grin grin . They have a father and have given ther tithe to him which is their soul. You will not understand. It is deep.
Stories for gullible folks. Deep scam indeed!!

None of the apostles in the new testament after the death of Jesus paid tithe.

Someone who doesn't pay tithe (Elon Musk) is richer than you tither and you can't smell how powerless your tithe is. Even Dangote a Muslim is the richest in Nigeria.

If tithe is powerful, the top 10 richest should be tithers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Princewell2012(m): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Textra:

You are right, but saying someone not paying tithes will miserable and poor is nothing but a lie Sir... Tithes is not the only key that open door for financial blessings Sir. Thank you.

First and foremost I want to know if you re a Christian. If you re a Christian and you're rich and you're not paying God tithe , then you a thieve and a robber, you will surely pay for it, even after you died. It is deep. I laugh those who says tithing is an Old Testament things.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Sasuke007: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Textra:
My question is strictly for christians who believes in paying of tithes.

Do you finish up your debt first or you pay your tithes and keep looking for another way to pay the debts. What's the guidelines for payment of tithes when one is servicing a loan.
lol
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ayo081:

I hope not

His statement already reveals it.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
Princewell2012:

First and foremost I want to know if you re a Christian. If you re a Christian and you're rich and you're not paying God tithe , then you a thieve and a robber, you will surely pay for it, even after you died. It is deep. I laugh those who says tithing is an Old Testament things.

But Jesus didn't say you'll pay for not tithing. Instead He mentioned that you won't inherit God's Kingdom if you don't give alms undecided

I want to learn tho.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by petra1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ayo081:

But Jesus advised you settle your debt first else you'll go to jail in Mathew 5:25-26 undecided

Thats not debt but court case. even if its debt He also said you should Pay your tithe
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by advanceDNA: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
jmoore:

So why are those who are not tithing among the richest on earth? Elon Musk.

Thitjomg is sacrificial giving...if you think the likes of elon musk and bills gate doesnt do sacrificial giving...u must must be very naive....

The law of give and receive isnt a just a biblical or spiritual principle...it's a universe law... U inveat into the universe, the universe finds a way of repaying you..
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
petra1:

Thats not debt but court case. even if its debt He also said you should Pay your tithe

Court case?

Okay what happens if you don't pay your loan? undecided
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by petra1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ayo081:

Court case?

Okay what happens if you don't pay your loan? undecided

You should pay your loan and tithe nah. A man has to plan before taking loan
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
petra1:

You should pay your loan and tithe nah. A man has to plan before taking loan

But I told you Jesus mentioned that one should be responsible. Pay your debt else you'll be arrested. undecided

Didn't that settle the matter the OP is asking? undecided
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Textra(m): 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
Princewell2012:

I think you should not over flogged the truth... Someone will pay for it even after death coz he didn't pay tithe... Is tithes payment higher than salvation and sanctification... Surprisingly, percentage of people who are actually faithful with tithes are few... Cos most people pay tithe of their earnings, ignoring that of their gift, through the week or month.. Even if someone gift u material things aren't u going to pay the tithes as some preachers says.....
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by jmoore(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
advanceDNA:

Thitjomg is sacrificial giving...if you think the likes of elon musk and bills gate doesnt do sacrificial giving...u must must be very naive....

The law of give and receive isnt a just a biblical or spiritual principle...it's a universe law... U inveat into the universe, the universe finds a way of repaying you..
So no need to pay tithe to pastors? Just give it to the widows, poor and needy.

The question remains why is it that Elon Musk and co who don't pay tithes to pastors are richer than those who pay tithes to pastors?
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by advanceDNA: 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
jmoore:

So no need to pay tithe to pastors? Just give it to the widows, poor and needy.

The question remains why is it that Elon Musk and co who don't pay tithes to pastors are richer than those who pay tithes to pastors?

..I don't know Elon musk's personal life....today they showed joe Biden eating communion in a church.. who knows what all these people do in their personal life...

If you don't feel like giving to the development of your church...is not by force....u can sacrificially give in other ways....my own principle is simple...whateva u give....let it be cheerful and commensurate with what you earn....if you eat like an elephant your sh!t to contribute to the soil will be big...and if you are an ant...ur sh!t go small

If you earn 1milliom permonth...there's nothing sacrificial about giving 200 naira per month...even Jesus talked about the woman who gave the widow's mite...and said she gave more than those who brought only peanut out of plenty...
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by petra1(m): 10:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ayo081:

But I told you Jesus mentioned that one should be responsible. Pay your debt else you'll be arrested. undecided

Didn't that settle the matter the OP is asking? undecided

He should pay his tithe first then from. the leftover he cam pay his debt
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 12:52am On Nov 01, 2021
petra1:

He should pay his tithe first then from. the leftover he cam pay his debt

Even after giving you Christ's take on this matter?

Imagine paying tithe and then locked up for not paying debt. Who's is to blame?

Na this kind thing dey make people backslide undecided

He should follow your discretion or Christ's word?
undecided
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by petra1(m): 2:55am On Nov 01, 2021
Ayo081:

Even after giving you Christ's take on this matter?

Imagine paying tithe and then locked up for not paying debt. Who's is to blame?

Na this kind thing dey make people backslide undecided

He should follow your discretion or Christ's word?
undecided

christ says he should pay his tithe. And Christ didn't say he should use his tithe to pay debt.

Lastly the bible you quote is about court case. Learning to settle out of court. it has nothing to do with not paying tithe.

Matthew 5:25 (NLT)
25 “When you are on the way to court with your adversary, settle your differences quickly. Otherwise, your accuser may hand you over to the judge, who will hand you over to an officer, and you will be thrown into prison
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by jmoore(m): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

..I don't know Elon musk's personal life....today they showed joe Biden eating communion in a church.. who knows what all these people do in their personal life...

If you don't feel like giving to the development of your church...is not by force....u can sacrificially give in other ways....my own principle is simple...whateva u give....let it be cheerful and commensurate with what you earn....if you eat like an elephant your sh!t to contribute to the soil will be big...and if you are an ant...ur sh!t go small

If you earn 1milliom permonth...there's nothing sacrificial about giving 200 naira per month...even Jesus talked about the woman who gave the widow's mite...and said she gave more than those who brought only peanut out of plenty...
The topic is about tithe, not cheerful giving. Its no secret that top billionaires are into charity which would be under cheerful giving .

Rephrasing question. So why are those who are giving to charity among the richest on earth? Is it not an empirical proof that charity is more powerful than tithing?

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by advanceDNA: 7:28am On Nov 01, 2021
jmoore:

The topic is about tithe, not cheerful giving. Its no secret that top billionaires are into charity which would be under cheerful giving .

Rephrasing question. So why are those who are giving to charity among the richest on earth? Is it not an empirical proof that charity is more powerful than tithing?

So to you tithing isn't willful giving ....and it shouldn't be done cheerfully??

Oga all giving under new testament must be some cheerfully not out of compulsion...God no vex of you no pay give....God no dey spend your money...
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by jmoore(m): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

So to you tithing isn't willful giving ....and it shouldn't be done cheerfully??

Oga all giving under new testament must be some cheerfully not out of compulsion...God no vex of you no pay give....God no dey spend your money...
Glad you mentioned new testament. Tithe belongs to old testament.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by advanceDNA: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2021
jmoore:

Glad you mentioned new testament. Tithe belongs to old testament.

Tithe is old testemant teaching...

There are lot of things that are in the old testament we do naaa. ...so whats your point??
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 8:37am On Nov 01, 2021
petra1:

christ says he should pay his tithe. And Christ didn't say he should use his tithe to pay debt.

Lastly the bible you quote is about court case. Learning to settle out of court. it has nothing to do with not paying tithe.

Matthew 5:25 (NLT)
25 “When you are on the way to court with your adversary, settle your differences quickly. Otherwise, your accuser may hand you over to the judge, who will hand you over to an officer, and you will be thrown into prison

I'm surprised as how you didn't get in the insight of 'when you're on your way to the court'. undecided

Isn't that supposed to mean that you should settle whatever would lead you to court? undecided

And I didn't say he shouldn't pay tithe but I mean he should after debt. undecided
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by jmoore(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

There are lot of things that are in the old testament we do naaa. ...so whats your point??
Ask the apostles why they didn't pay tithe. Then ask yourself why you are not making animal sacrifices to God.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by petra1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ayo081:

I'm surprised as how you didn't get in the insight of 'when you're on your way to the court'. undecided

Isn't that supposed to mean that you should settle whatever would lead you to court? undecided

And I didn't say he shouldn't pay tithe but I mean he should after debt. undecided

You should pay your tithe period. every other thing come after. that's your honor for God
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
petra1:

You should pay your tithe period. every other thing come after. that's your honor for God

I never denied that undecided

It's a matter of what Jesus said on how to resolve the OP's matter undecided
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Textra(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

Uhmm
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Princewell2012(m): 12:51am On Nov 03, 2021
Ayo081:

But Jesus didn't say you'll pay for not tithing. Instead He mentioned that you won't inherit God's Kingdom if you don't give alms undecided

I want to learn tho.

Am sorry I didn't see this on time.
I want to ask you a question , who eats the tithe ? Pastors or God? Let's start from there.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Ayo081(m): 1:56am On Nov 03, 2021
Princewell2012:

Am sorry I didn't see this on time.
I want to ask you a question , who eats the tithe ? Pastors or God? Let's start from there.

Tithes are to be taken to Church. undecided
Re: Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. by Goshen360(m): 2:25am On Nov 03, 2021
Textra:
My question is strictly for christians who believes in paying of tithes.

Do you finish up your debt first or you pay your tithes and keep looking for another way to pay the debts. What's the guidelines for payment of tithes when one is servicing a loan.

Why do you even have debt(s) if you have been tithing? Where then is the promise of tithing if actually tithing is truth. You should be lending to nations and not in debts.

Bottom line, tithing has nothing to do with making anyone rich. Your pastors have lied to you for too long since you've been tithing, have you or experienced the promises of tithing? The economics of making money and being out of debts has nothing in common with tithing.

Selah!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Lucky To Get Some Black Magic From My Friends Village And It Works For Rea / The Wicked Husbandmen / Hardship In Following God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.