Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Should I Use A Dog Crate Inside My Home? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Should I Use A Dog Crate Inside My Home? (398 Views)

Help I Need A Dog Crate Asap / Dog Crate/carrier For Sale / Extra Clean Dog Crate For Sale! <SOLD> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Use A Dog Crate Inside My Home? by Healthpal81(f): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
A dog crate is often viewed as a piece of equipment that you should try to avoid getting your pet accustomed to. However, the truth is actually quite the opposite - it's extremely important you do exactly that once your new puppy or dog arrives at your home!
A dog crate is an excellent place for pups to rest and relax when nobody else is around to keep them company. It's also an excellent option for transporting your pet, especially during long road trips!

To have the dog crate benefits explained better, here are some frequently asked questions that will hopefully be able to clear up any confusion you may have about these helpful crates.

What are the benefits of using a dog crate?

A dog crate offers you the following benefits:
- Ensures your pet have a comfortable place to rest, especially when nobody is around
- Provides an opportunity for them to stay out of trouble when the house needs some quiet time
- A safe option for transporting your pooch
- A place that works as their own personal space for them to relax

What are the different types of dog crates?
There are various types of dog crates available for you to choose from, including:
- Plastic/wire crates - The most popular types. They look like cages and can be folded up when travelling or not in use.
- Wicker/faux wood crates - A stylish option that makes a comfortable place to relax for your pet.
- Stylish, enclosed crates - These can be used as beds or couches for pets to sleep in when nobody is around to watch over them.
- Durable, metal crates - Heavy duty and suitable for holding pets during transportation or when you can't supervise them closely.
- Luxury dog crates - These are based on the wicker/wooden types but have a more stylish look to better match your home décor.

How do I choose a crate?
Choosing a crate is an important step that requires some time and effort as it's a purchase that will be used for many years to come. The most important things to consider when making your choice include:
- The size of crate you'll need - Measure up your dog and ensure they can easily stand up, turn around and lie down in the crate without feeling too uncomfortable
- The features you wish it had - For example, some crates have a divider that lets you adjust the space inside and thus accommodate your pup as they grow
- If it will keep your pet safe and comfortable - For example, you don't want to choose a wire or plastic crate if your home has incredibly hot temperatures during summer
- Other features such as storage space, locks and so forth

How do I teach my dog to use a crate?
Teaching your pet to use a crate is a process that involves making them feel comfortable in one, and it might take some time. Here are some tips on how to ease the transition:
- Place their food and water bowls near the door of the crate so they can easily reach them
- Place their favorite plush toy on the floor of the crate to make it feel more inviting
- Let your pooch have time to explore the crate on their own so they can see it as a safe, fun place to hang out

Conclusion
A offers you various benefits to enjoy, especially when it comes to keeping your pooch safe and happy. The most important thing is to choose the right one for your pet that matches their size and the features they desire in a space where they can feel comfortable in. By doing so, you'll be providing them with an area in which they can relax when nobody is around to watch over them, or simply whenever they feel like taking some time out for themselves.

For a full product review on the best dog crates for home visit: https://ideasforhomerenovations.com/xxxl-dog-crates/

(1) (Reply)

8 Weeks Pedigree Female Available / Fastest Finger. Boerboel Male Puppies / Large White Pigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.