Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. (451 Views)

2023 Imo Gubernatorial Elections: Nigerian Military Deploys Troops To Imo State / Governor Uzodimma Launches 2023 Imo Muslims Pilgrimage For Hajj / Why Owerri Zone Should Produce Next Imo Gov – Iwuanyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. by Njokuobinna(m): 6:14am On Nov 01, 2021
2023/24 IMO GOVERNORSHIP : OWERRI ZONE SENTIMENTS AGAINST ORLU ZONE

Politics Is Local, And It Is Played By Those Who Practically Understand It. To This End, The 2023/24 Political Game In Imo State Has Started And Gone Very Deep For Those Practically Involved In It.

Meanwhile, There Are Agitations Here And There, Because Of The Perceived Interests Of The Players, And Indeed The Governed. There Are Three Political Zones In The State, Namely, Owerri Zone, Okigwe Zone And Orlu Zone.

In The Present Democracy, Okigwe Zone Has Done Four Years, While Orlu Zone Will Be Concluding Its 20 Years By 2024. Owerri Zone Has Done Almost 8 Months.

Naturally, People Are Bound To Feel Pity For Ndi Owerri Zone. But Then, Power Is Not Given On A Platter. It Is Taken. Assuming Power Will Shift To Owerri Zone, What Are The Plans With Regard To Achieving This Target Of Power Shift? Like I Noted Earlier, Power All Over The World Is Taken, And Not Given ................Though Not By Force Of Arms, But By The Superiority Of Ideas, Strategies, Tactics, Grassroots Mobilization, Calculated And Determined Efforts, With The Requisite Financial Back Up.

The Point I Am Making Is That Without Creating The Needed Audience That Will Assimilate The idea Of Power Shift, Those Agitating For It Would Be Wasting Time.

Again, Are There Structures On Ground, Be It Political, Social And Cultural, From Where The Agitators Can Spread The Crusade To The Wider Imo Community?

The Political Operatives Agitating For Power Shift To Owerri Zone, Are They Home Based? Or Are They Operating From Abuja, Lagos Or Even Outside The Country?
Politics Is Local, And It Must Be Played Locally, By Those Involved. You Cannot Shave A Man In His Absence. To Properly Achieve Your Aim, You Must Be Seated On The Barber's Seat, To Observe And Fully Participate In Your Haircut.

Unfortunately, Some Of The Political Gladiators From Owerri Zone Are Not On Ground. They Are Mostly Not Homebased. They Mostly Stay In Abuja To Criticize The Current Administration In The State, And Accuse It Of "Orlunizing" Leadership In The State. Also, The Achike Udenwa And Rochas Okorocha Administration Were Also Accused Of Marginalizing Other Zones In The State, By Concentrating Power In Orlu Zone. But The Truth Is That No One Zone Can Singly Win Political Power (Governorship) In A Democracy, Without Political Alliance/Marriage From The Other Zones.

Nevertheless, Political Leaders From Owerri Zone Have Lately Been Spreading The "Nmanu Akara Di Uto, Onye Raatu Ibe Ya Araatu" Philosophy, Without Actually Thinking Deeply About Its Content Meaning. According To These Political Leaders From Owerri Zone, The Only Thing That Would Sustain The Unity Of Our State, Imo, Is When Men Of Honour And Conscience Across The Three Zones Come Together To Support Owerri Zone To Govern The State, With A View To Correcting The Perceived Political Imbalance By Upholding The Doctrine Of "Equity, Fairness And Justice".

At This Point, I Ask; What Is Equity, Fairness And Justice, In The Context Of Political Activities In Owerri Zone, When Its Leaders Have Refused Equity, Fairness And Justice To Play Out In The Zone? I Am A Very Respectful Person, And Do Not Denigrate Anybody. However, I Make Bold To Reveal That Most Of The Political Agitators Of Power Shift From Orlu Zone To Owerri Zone Are The People Marginalizing Their People In Owerri Zone And Federal Constituency........ Let Me Open The Minds Of The Reading Public.

A Political Operative And Agitator From Aboh Mbaise/Ngor-Okpala Federal Constituency Of Owerri Zone Did Not Allow Power Shift When He Was At The Federal House Of Representatives, And As A Result, Held On To Power For Twelve Solid Years, Thereby Denying Equity, Fairness And Justice To Play Out In His Federal Constituency. The Same Denial Of Equity, Fairness And Justice Played Out In Mbaitoli/Ikeduru Federal Constituency When Another Political Agitator (May His Soul Rest In Peace) Held Power And Refused Its Rotation For 12 Years.

Again, A Political Agitator From Owerri Zone Was The Governorship Candidate Of The Opposition Political Party, PDP, In 2015, Amidst Allegations Of Manipulation And Unfair-Underhand Practice. In 2019, The Same Political Agitator From Owerri Zone Was The Governorship Candidate Of The Same Opposition Political Party, PDP, Amidst Allegations Of Manipulation And Unfair-Underhand Practice. As 2023/24 Draws Closer, The Same Political Agitator Has Positioned Himself To Emerge The Governorship Candidate Of The Same Political Party, PDP.......... I Ask Again, What Is Equity Fairness And Justice Here If The Same Political Agitator Has Continued To Emerge Governorship Candidate Of A Political Party For A Zone That Has Reportedly Continued To Cry Of/For Equity, Fairness And Justice? Conversely, In The Spirit Of "Nmanu Akara Di Uto, Onye Raatu Ibe Ya Araatu Philosophy, Owerri Zone Should Show Maturity And Leadership By Ensuring That Another Of Its Son Emerge The Governorship Candidate Of The PDP Rather Than The Noted Political Agitator, Otherwise, The Zone (Owerri) Would Not Be Taken Seriously In Its Agitation For Power Shift. This Is The Reality On Ground.

At This Point, Let Me State Equivocally That Orlu Zone Has Not In Anyway Been Greedy Or Selfish In The Power Distribution Equation In Imo State. Rather, The Zone Has Always Applied "Rationality Calculus" (Both Integrally And Differentially) Strategy In Its Bid To Take Power, With The Cooperation And Consent Of The Two Other Zones (Okigwe And Owerri). This Is Legitimate Politicking. This Is At Variance To What Happened Within The Short Period That A Known Political Agitator From Owerri Zone Held Power As Governor In The State. Within The Almost Eight Months He Was Governor, We All Witnessed How His Leadership Was "Micro-Zoned" To A Particular Section Of Owerri Zone, To The Economic And Sociopolitical Detriment Of The Entire Zone And State. His Leadership Became "Elitist", Abandoning The Youths Who Campaigned And Worked For Him, While Recognizing Only Children Of The Elites Who Neither Campaigned Nor Voted For Him. This Left-handed Style Of Leadership Continued Until Supreme Court Aborted That Administration In January 2020.

The Point I Am Responsibly Making Is That Zoning Breeds Mediocrity And Clannishness When Allowed To Take Root In A Given System. Those Clamouring Or Agitating For Zoning Are Primarily Political Hawks And Buccaneers With Insatiable Appetite For Greed, Clannishness And "Self-centeredness". I Stand To Be Corrected.

There Is A Governor In The State, And He Is Constitutionally Empowered To Go For Another Term Come 2023/24. Let Us Therefore Not Allow Sentiments And Agitations For Power Shift To Blindfold Us Of This Very Fact.

If Imo State Must Move Forward, Politically, Economically And Socially, There Is Therefore The Need To Begin Aggressive, Comprehensive And Very Enriching Appraisals On How To Demonstrate Transparent And Accountable Leadership In Governance For The People Of The State, In Truth And In Spirit. This Is What Servant-Leadership Is All About. I Have Written A lot On Transparent Leadership Management, And It Can Goggled On The Internet.

Having Come This Far, Let Me Conclude That Imo State Come 2023/24 Needs A Leader That Will Take The Entire State As His Constituency And Provide Developmental Leadership With Verifiable Dividends Of Democracy, And Not A Clannish Power Hungry Superstar Who Is Hiding Under Zonal Sentiments To Further Mismanage The State.

I Rest My Pen.

Hon Dr Citizen Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha Fcai Mkda (Ekenwohia Ndigbo)
31/10/2021

Courtsey:

+ Njoku MacDonald Obinna.

Re: 2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. by alanto: 6:58am On Nov 01, 2021
In The Present Democracy, Okigwe Zone Has Done Four Years, While Orlu Zone Will Be Concluding Its 20 Years By 2024. Owerri Zone Has Done Almost 8 Months.

Naturally, People Are Bound To Feel Pity For Ndi Owerri Zone. But Then, Power Is Not Given On A Platter. It Is Taken. Assuming Power Will Shift To Owerri Zone, What Are The Plans With Regard To Achieving This Target Of Power Shift? Like I Noted Earlier, Power All Over The World Is Taken, And Not Given ................Though Not By Force Of Arms, But By The Superiority Of Ideas, Strategies, Tactics, Grassroots Mobilization, Calculated And Determined Efforts, With The Requisite Financial Back Up.

The Point I Am Making Is That Without Creating The Needed Audience That Will Assimilate The idea Of Power Shift, Those Agitating For It Would Be Wasting Time.

Again, Are There Structures On Ground, Be It Political, Social And Cultural, From Where The Agitators Can Spread The Crusade To The Wider Imo Community?
—Njoku MacDonald Obinna @njokuobinna

Power all over the world is taken not given. shocked
We should write this somewhere and stick it on nairaland home page. grin When it’s orlu’s turn to go for another 4 years to get to 24th years in power at the detriment of another zone that’s only done 8 months you know that power is not given on a platter of gold. But all Nigeria must vote Igbo presidency or there will be war. To even think of all the IPOB, ESN activities that has gone down in that orlu this year alone over wanting to seize Nigeria or niger delta.
I won’t call y’all hypocrites but you guys are slowly losing respect because you are not consistent with ideology.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. by matrixmuzi: 7:07am On Nov 01, 2021
Politics is taken a different shape not like business as usual. The present governor how do u think he will win another termZ are u dreaming?
Re: 2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. by Dhury: 7:10am On Nov 01, 2021
After Onitsha see no gain and retire from been capital of trouble .Orlu is now south east sambisa .
Re: 2023 Imo Guber : Owerri Zone's Sentiments Against Orlu. by SmartPolician: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2021
Owerri zone would have been in power if not for the democratic miscarriage caused by the questionable verdict of Supreme Court justices.

I'm sure by now Hope Uzodinma knows that he's not coming back for a second tenure as he has been utterly useless and anti-people. So, Owerri zone should wait for 2023 (that's if election will hold) cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Nollywood Actor Baba Suwe Is Dead / Insincere Leaders Behind Nigeria’s Woes, Osinbajo A Failure – Pastor Giwa / Please Can I Ask You This Question, What's Tinubu's Real Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.