Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,718 members, 7,827,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1061446 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MX10: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Redkay:

This was a very nice and encouraging story to read
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MX10: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Boss I just sent you an email message. Pls reply me.
I just got Canada PR too and I have some questions to ask. Thanks.

Immortalregis:
SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY: A SHORT LANDING GIST
Please read this report through the lens of a first-time International traveller and ignore any of my JJC observations grin
I filled ArriveCAN (more on this later) and printed out the receipt on Tuesday 07/06, in preparation for my Wednesday 08/06 flight. I booked Egyptair exactly 8 weeks in advance and it cost 257k which was around 112k less than the price offered by the next cheapest airline (for those on a budget like Yours Truly grin) .
I barely slept that Tuesday night, such was my excitement + trepidation over this journey into a new land with no real support structure.
Muritala!
At check-in, I was asked for ArriveCAN receipt, COVID vaccine card, passport and COPR. Check-in lady spent close to 5 mins advising and encouraging me before giving me my 2 tickets, (God will continue to bless you ma cos in spite of my "hard guy"-"hard guy" things, I was very, very scared and I needed to hear those kind words from a stranger).
Immigration was a breeze and I submitted the yellow card at that point. Ditto customs. There was some bambiala stuff but I had no cash on me so ojoro cancel ojoro grin
At the boarding gate, I was asked for the same things except COPR. I had some naira that I had forgotten about in my back pocket so I had to use that one to encourage the officer that did physical search. We started boarded at 2pm and the plane too off for Cairo at exactly 2:40pm.
ABOUT MONEY - I had less than 10kUSD and about 200 CAD in cash. I kept both bundles in my backpack and nobody asked me anything about it. In the declaration card, I just ticked that I had less than $10000 and that was that.
Cairo
5-hour flight to Cairo was smooth. They gave us water, jollof rice and chicken,tea/coffee, guava juice, cake, bread and salad. They had some new movies sha. I sat with a great naija conversationalist and time flew by with pure gist. We got to Cairo at night, and all I could see was lights. As we got closer to the landing I could see well-planned structures, street-lights etc etc. I couldn't appreciate the beauty because it made me realise just how unfortunate the political class of Nigeria is. A few of us were stopped and our visas were inspected by Egyptian customs before we were allowed to go to our boarding gates. Layover was for 5 hours. Please travel with like $50, ( They accept USD and CAD) , preferably in small bills in case you need to buy something. I had to buy WiFi cos my phone couldn't access the airport's free WiFi. At check-in, we were asked for boarding pass, arriveCAN, vaccine card, copr and passport. We boarded at 1:30 Egyptian time and flew immediately.
P. S. EGYPT AIRPORT PEOPLE NO DEY TOO HEAR ENGLISH AND DEM DEY QUICK VEX SO HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS READY!
P. S. 2 - If you use the toilet in Cairo airport, you'll see 2 taps attached to a WC. One knob above and one below at about knee height level. You see that one below, DO NOT TURN IT! It sprays a powerful jet of water vertically and soaked my jeans in 2 secs! Opelope change of clothes ninu handluggage.
Toronto
We arrived by 8am or so after 11hours on the air. Flight was smooth. I followed the signs and they led to one machine like that. Follow the prompts on this machine. When I filled ArriveCAN, I used the web version because it gives you the option to fill your CBSA declaration form beforehand. If you, like your brother in the lord, use this option, you'll be done with the machine in like a minute and it'll print out a receipt. Otherwise, you'll do the CBSA declaration at the machine. I followed the line and landed at CBSA desk. I was asked for the copr, ArriveCAN receipt and passport. COPR was stamped and I signed. Sha, sha the entire process was seamless.
I got a sim card at the airport cos I didn't want to be without Internet access for any extended period of time as I have no one in this Toronto. Took a taxi to Airbnb, dropped my luggage, then went to open account and make deposit. Bank rate was 1.246 CAD to 1USD. Went to Service Canada at 4900 Yonge Street for SIN.
Final thoughts
There are port-holes on the road and the weather is harsh (it's 12 degrees in summer as I type this). Transportation by taxi is expensive as hell. This context is important for my next statement to make more sense: Even if my life depends on it, I will not live full-time in Nigeria again.
In theory, I know what a working system means but to experience it in flesh.. There are no words to describe it. I went to a road as busy and big as Abeokuta Expressway in Lagos or Aba road at certain points in Port-Harcourt. No policeman in sight, yet all the cars on both sides of the stopped for this immigrant to cross road because traffic light said so. Naija street-life was pushing me to run in case that big truck fails brake but I refused to embarrass my ancestors and I cat-walked like a local Toronto boy. Walahi, if you see my confidence yesterday you no go believe say I be the freshest JJC for Canada. Once I get my PR card, na to join police or politics cos I need to do my part in ensuring this system continues to work. As for naija, when better men than myself sanitise the system, I can consider coming back to settle. For now o, as my aunt would say, "Blind man wey get agbalumo, e dey hold am strong cos if the agbalumo fall..."
I'm not a devout Christian but every night and day I will say a prayer for this dream to become a reality for every single person on this journey. Make ona come use ona eyes see wetin working system mean even if there are portholes, the weather is harsh or transport by taxi is very expensive!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by suzzyrims: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Please guys, will the draws end anytime soon?

I just want to write my IELTS and Wes evaluation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Combine your certificates and ECA into a single pdf doc and upload it under education.
Martinkev:
Please, does this mean that ECA has to be submitted after ITA, even if no space is provided for it?

If yes, under what section should it be uploaded?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MX10: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Please can someone link me up with post PPR group
Anyone please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
MrWalterW83:
Hello everyone. I am really grateful that this page is available. It is really helping a lot of us. A little about myself: I studied engineering. After my graduation, I did my NYSC in the engineering department of a ministry. At the conclusion of my NYSC, I had to start looking for a job and I recently got an engineering job with a private company. As I only recently started at this job, it hasn't been up to a year, but the NYSC service was for a year. After checking on the CRS calculator, because other factors I have going my way, I really only need 1 year experience to be okay. My plan initially was to use my NYSC experience for that one year, but I spoke to some people who said that the Canadian immigration officials don't regard NYSC service as legitimate work experience and so it wouldn't count for me. And so I have a two-part question:
1) Is NYSC experience viewed as real work experience for the purposes of Canadian immigration?
2) Can you combine experience from two different companies (in my case the ministry and the private company) if it is moreorless the same job you were doing at both places?

I would really appreciate hearing from you guys and I'm sure that you all will proffer a lot of astute suggestions.
Thanks.
1. Yes, you can use NYSC experience (my friend did with her reference letter even stating that) however to be on a safe side, your reference letter should not indicate NYSC instead, it should state your job duties and remuneration in IRCC format.

2. Yes, you can combine experience from different organizations so far as you can get a reference letter.

Furthermore, your primary NOC should be at least one year long. That you studied Engineering doesn’t mean you have to present a work experience of engineering with the exception of Saskatchewan who requires that your education must be in line with your education. Your job duties determines your NOC. Please check page 1 of this thread to read more.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MX10: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
I just sent an email message sir. Just to find out some information.
Pls reply

miolad20:
Combine your certificates and ECA into a single pdf doc and upload it under education.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Martinkev(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Thank you!

miolad20:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
Martinkev:
Please, does this mean that ECA has to be submitted after ITA, even if no space is provided for it?

If yes, under what section should it be uploaded?

Yes it's better to be submitted, scan your ECA with your certificates all together in a pdf and upload under education section.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nisot14: 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
Help pls, I'm about to start the whole Entry process, I did a predictive CRS calculation, and the highest score i can have Is 440.
pls should i go through with ECA and IELTS?.
Or the score will be too low and i shouldn't bother?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mamanababy(f): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
@allegory thankyou
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
PPR is finally here...class of 2020

AOR - March 2020

Passed Medicals - May 2020

Biometrics - May 2020

LONG SILENCE!!!

Got married in November 2020 and added my spouse in December 2020. She passed medicals in April 2021.

My newborn arrived in March 2021. I sent numerous webforms to IRCC to inform them. He was finally added in September 2021. I also attached updated proof of funds. I used Piggyvest and 25% pension for the proof of funds, even though the funds in my Piggyvest account were sufficient.

LONG SILENCE!!!

Request for Medicals for New born - February 2022

Request for Re-med for me - March 2022

Request for Re-med for spouse - April 2022. She already did up-front medicals before the IRCC request and I had to call them directly to recognise the upfront medicals after sending about 5 webforms without receiving any response. Upfront medicals was finally updated in late April

ADR - PCC and Form A - April 2022. We uploaded the documents on 6 May 2022.

PPR - Today, 13 June 2022. My mind was doing gbim gbim I was logging into my profile to check the mail from IRCC. Lo and behold, it was the much awaited PPR.

I got most of the information for the process - including addition of spouse and newborn from this thread. Many thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other. This express entry is really a test of perseverance and is not for the faint-hearted. I almost gave up at some point, especially when people that applied after me in 2020 were getting PPR within 4 months. I remember making a post on this thread about withdrawing my application, because it felt as if my life was on hold. If you are in the process, don't give up and be sure to respond to requests from IRCC ASAP. I believe their aim is to clear the backlog between now and July, so there's hope.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
Congratulations
Solidcitizen:

AOR - March 2020

Biometrics - May 2020

PPR - Today, 13 June 2022. My mind was doing gbim gbim I was logging into my profile to check the mail from IRCC. Lo and behold, it was the much awaited PPR.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silvaplum: 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pls gow can i do my WES evaluation?

suzzyrims:
Please guys, will the draws end anytime soon?

I just want to write my IELTS and Wes evaluation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silvaplum: 10:03pm On Jun 13, 2022
Congratulations.

Solidcitizen:

AOR - March 2020

Biometrics - May 2020

LONG SILENCE!!!

Got married in November 2020 and added my spouse in December 2020. She passed medicals in April 2021.

My newborn arrived in March 2021. I sent numerous webforms to IRCC to inform them. He was finally added in September 2021. I also attached updated proof of funds. I used Piggyvest and 25% pension for the proof of funds, even though the funds in my Piggyvest account were sufficient.

LONG SILENCE!!!

Request for Medicals for New born - February 2022

Request for Re-med for me - March 2022

Request for Re-med for spouse - April 2022. She already did up-front medicals before the IRCC request and I had to call them directly to recognise the upfront medicals after sending about 5 webforms without receiving any response. Upfront medicals was finally updated in late April

ADR - PCC and Form A - April 2022. We uploaded the documents on 6 May 2022.

I got most of the information for the process - including addition of spouse and newborn from this thread. Many thanks to everyone that has contributed in one way or the other. This express entry is really a test of perseverance and is not for the faint-hearted. I almost gave up at some point, especially when people that applied after me in 2020 were getting PPR within 4 months. I remember making a post on this thread about withdrawing my application, because it felt as if my life was on hold. If you are in the process, don't give up and be sure to respond to requests from IRCC ASAP. I believe their aim is to clear the backlog between now and July, so there's hope.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Martinkev:
Thank you!

. Combine all plus IELTS CERT too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
Congratulations, Fellow class member…
Solidcitizen:

AOR - March 2020

Biometrics - May 2020

LONG SILENCE!!!

I believe their aim is to clear the backlog between now and July, so there's hope.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
It basically happened just in time for you…
Solidcitizen:
This wait can be quite depressing. Its now about 2 years post AOR and there's no hope my application will be finalised anytime soon. I already plan to withdraw my application by June 2022 if I don't get any feedback from these people. I need to plan my life. Cant wait in perpetuity for something that may never come.

These people need to realise that the waiting game does a lot of havoc to people. I should have started a project a long time ago, but I keep postponing it on the basis that it will be a waste of funds if I eventually relocate to Canada. I think I will just terminate the process in June next year. Canada is not all there is to life abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sexgoddess: 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Good evening house,
Golden mail has landed ������
COPR loading!
Please what is the fastest VFS office to get back Visa and passport?

Thank you.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
sexgoddess:
Good evening house,
COPR loading!

Thank you.

Congratulations…I’m hearing Kenya. Egypt/Cairo and London are no go areas for now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okesuku: 12:03am On Jun 14, 2022
I guess Kenya..because that's where I sent to and got back passport within 4 weeks.That was also because Kenya had a public holiday and Nigeria had a public holiday in between. Though Kenya is way more expensive than Ghana.
I spent N36,000 sending to Kenya VFS and N50,150 sending it back to me via DHL. I don't know much about Cairo or London.

sexgoddess:
Good evening house,
COPR loading!

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by woleolu1: 12:57am On Jun 14, 2022
Please share their phone number

LeXieJ24:
Good Morning,
I have been a silent reader, been following this thread since i joined the pool in 2020. Every question i had was answered here. Recently received my COPR and want to share the timeline
Long Post Alert long but not that long grin
Family of 2
VO: CPC Ottawa
ITA: Nov 20
AOR: 6 Jan 21
MEP/BIL: 2 Feb 21
Biometrics: 5 Feb 21

Long wait!!!! cry cry

New PCC: 8 April 22
Upfront Re-Meds: 9 April 22

Then the tsunami of mails to my VO and webforms wink I sent both emails and webforms 3 times a week.

Re-Med request: 4 May 22
Kept sending the e-med sheet via mail and webforms (old and new links)

ADR (PCC, POF, Valid Passport, Sch A, Additional Family info): 6 May 22

ADR submitted: 10 May 22. Merged medical results to
PCC and Passport and uploaded to placeholder

ADR acknowledged/ 2nd MEP: 11 May 22

Called IRCC (3 hours wait) and was told everything had been passed, and to wait for RFV mail. Started researching with country to send passports to, VFS lagos was just not an option after reading about the wait time here. Decided on Kenya VFS.

RFV mail: 17 May 22.
Passport submitted to DHL: 18 May 22
Passport arrived VFS Nairobi: 24 May 22
Passport dispatched to IRCC Nairobi: 25 May 22
Passport arrived IRCC: 27 May 22
Decision envelope to VFS Nairobi: 31 May 22

Took the email from VFS to DHL for pick up same day
Envelope picked up: 2 June 22
Passports/ COPR received in hand 6 June 22

It was a really daunting journey, had to take my mind of it at a point. Came back to it early this year. Started disposing of items no longer needed at home with hopes that the approval will happen before the end of the first half of the year. This forum was also comforting, with words of encouragement that was in constant supply.
Praying we all will get our good news soon. Thank you

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 1:27am On Jun 14, 2022
Ayinke93:

Omg! You are so smart and adorable. So happy for you and your family. I really admire you and I know you’ll do very well. Keep being inquisitive sweetheart.
PS: if you are interested in tech and all, you can send me a dm and I’ll personally mentor you. I think you’ll do really well at it. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers!

Thank you so much ma'am
I've been thinking too, I was advised on here to go back to high school, I'll definitely reach out to you, if I need your help
Thanks for helping someone you don't even know smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ozonechrome: 2:55am On Jun 14, 2022
Ibironnie:
Hi guys, wrote my celpip on Saturday at Dragnet vi results came out yesterday lsrw 11,11,12,9. A nice alternative to the almighty ielts. You can buzz me for materials or tips.

Please can I have the materials.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 5:55am On Jun 14, 2022
sexgoddess:
Good evening house,
COPR loading!

Thank you.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sexgoddess: 6:51am On Jun 14, 2022
okesuku:
I guess Kenya..because that's where I sent to and got back passport within 4 weeks.That was also because Kenya had a public holiday and Nigeria had a public holiday in between. Though Kenya is way more expensive than Ghana.
I spent N36,000 sending to Kenya VFS and N50,150 sending it back to me via DHL. I don't know much about Cairo or London.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sexgoddess: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2022
okesuku:

Good morning, can I dm you please?
I would like to ask you a few questions.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nisot14: 7:50am On Jun 14, 2022
Guys pls i just calculated my CRS its 440, can i enter the pool with this ..pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GeologistMajor: 8:18am On Jun 14, 2022
nisot14:
Guys pls i just calculated my CRS its 440, can i enter the pool with this ..pls
Why not? Sure you can dive into the pool, although you need to look for ways to improve your points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by okesuku: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2022
Yes you can

sexgoddess:

Good morning, can I dm you please?
I would like to ask you a few questions.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:33am On Jun 14, 2022
16 Days till July!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Redkay: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2022
Please who has a number I can call for Accra IRCC or VFS office Ghana. My passport has been stuck there for too long!! Like People that sent their passport there after me have all received it back. Please help me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (635) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Singingbae(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.