Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050549 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2022
Ifakiland:
Canada just dey use us catch cruise....so no single draw in December just so the point will be maintained at 495+ nice one....when my ielts expires that's the end....I no blame dem.

I don’t think that was the reason, they already know that high scores doesn’t mean they are filling the required skills. The issue was with the glitch that reduced people’s scores. There must be investigations on what led to the glitch and then get it resolved. Overall next year’s immigration target remains ambitious and scores must come lower, targeted or not. Please re-write your IELTS, it is worth the wait and sacrifice.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenniangel(f): 11:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Honeysweetest:
seem you are new here,what matters is that your job matched the code,not the course you studied or whether you have masters, if what you are doing presently matches the code and it is what you wrote before the ITA,go ahead and get the reference.
Thank you ma’am for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:38am On Dec 31, 2022
Honeysweetest:
seem you are new here,what matters is that your job matched the code,not the course you studied or whether you have masters, if what you are doing presently matches the code and it is what you wrote before the ITA,go ahead and get the reference.
Her enquiries is regarding SINP which requires your education matching your NOC.

@Jenniangel, in my opinion, I think you are good to go with your SINP application as long as your first degree correlates with the NOC you are claiming. You didn’t claim point for masters, you won’t be penalized for that. You may DM for further clarification.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by YourFutureRoomi: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
Hi guys, landing in Toronto in April. Looking for a female roommate to find/share a place with as I believe it will be cheaper. Please hit me up if you're interested.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2022
YourFutureRoomi:
Hi guys, landing in Toronto in April. Looking for a female roommate to find/share a place with as I believe it will be cheaper. Please hit me up if you're interested.
Shey man na poison now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
aestake:

Shey man na poison now?

Lmfaoooo, they never know…
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Happy new year 2023 to us all. I pray for more draws with lower CRS and plenty landing gists in the coming year.

I also pray for Nigeria. May we get it right this 2023 and hopefully see us begin to turn around the bend.

Amen

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:02am On Jan 02, 2023
Profgordons:

I don’t think that was the reason, they already know that high scores doesn’t mean they are filling the required skills. The issue was with the glitch that reduced people’s scores. There must be investigations on what led to the glitch and then get it resolved. Overall next year’s immigration target remains ambitious and scores must come lower, targeted or not. Please re-write your IELTS, it is worth the wait and sacrifice.
In 2021 while waiting for my application processing to be completed I came to realize that the govt deals with numbers. The EE program started in 2015 and as with any new program the early applicants made it through with consistent bi-weekly draws/less competition which saw 430s get an ITA. Today the express entry program has gone past its early phase and is now very competitive with the government now at will to change the bar at anytime without any communication.
I used the word change the bar because when I was waiting for ITA they made changes that granted additional 50 points to bilingual applicants. This pushed up the scores to 478. Prior to that CECs were granted an edge with the 27,000 ITAs issued in 2021 which even saw a CEC applicant with a score below 100 get an ITA while applicants with 465s remained spectators.
May the hardwork of all intending immigrants via this program come to fruition. The program is now very competitive and if scores remain above 481 then one will need a connection to canada (sibling points, canadian work experience or canadian education) to qualify for EE.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2023
tshtsh:

In 2021 while waiting for my application processing to be completed I came to realize that the govt deals with numbers. The EE program started in 2015 and as with any new program the early applicants made it through with consistent bi-weekly draws/less competition which saw 430s get an ITA. Today the express entry program has gone past its early phase and is now very competitive with the government now at will to change the bar at anytime without any communication.
I used the word change the bar because when I was waiting for ITA they made changes that granted additional 50 points to bilingual applicants. This pushed up the scores to 478. Prior to that CECs were granted an edge with the 27,000 ITAs issued in 2021 which even saw a CEC applicant with a score below 100 get an ITA while applicants with 465s remained spectators.
May the hardwork of all intending immigrants via this program come to fruition. The program is now very competitive and if scores remain above 481 then one will need a connection to canada (sibling points, canadian work experience or canadian education) to qualify for EE.

You are not wrong in any way, and the later has already began. Most who are heading there for studies have just one ultimate goal!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 11:57am On Jan 02, 2023
tshtsh:

I admire your lines of thought. You couldn't have put it any better than this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Jenniangel(f): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=Prettiepearlz post=119574446]
Her enquiries is regarding SINP which requires your education matching your NOC.

@Jenniangel, in my opinion, I think you are good to go with your SINP application as long as your first degree correlates with the NOC you are claiming. You didn’t claim point for masters, you won’t be penalized for that. You may DM for further clarification.

Thank you ma’am. I have sent a mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EconFinance: 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2023
nymphomaniac:
Happy new year 2023 to us all. I pray for more draws with lower CRS and plenty landing gists in the coming year.

I also pray for Nigeria. May we get it right this 2023 and hopefully see us begin to turn around the bend.

Amen

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EconFinance: 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
Hopefully by this time next year; I'll be at the advanced stage of completing this journey; or have even completed it sef

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mrsibhans: 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
Hello everyone,Happy new year. I need guidance before submitting my application. Actually I don’t mind a fresh set of eyes to assist in going through it before I submit. Also I have few questions.
1) Do I need to attach UK PCC? I got into the UK in November.
2) Do I attach BRP card or just the stamped page on my naija passport.
3) Is newspaper publication sufficient as an evidence of name change?
4)Can I use any regular passport for the digital passport photo or I have to take a new one.
5)My present job is a different NOC from the one I got ITA on. Though I have 12 years experience in it. Does this affect my application?
I will appreciate any assistance please. ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 12:21am On Jan 03, 2023
[quote author=Mrsibhans post=119651648]Hello everyone…
You don’t need a UK PCC if you’re submitting your application soon. It’s less than the period considered long stay. You can include an LOE stating why you are not including a PCC. Research the link and read up
2) You should include your bio data page. That’s very important
3) Yes, I’d also include your old passport showing maiden name.
4) IRCC has specifications for the passport photo so don’t risk it. Get the dimensions from the website and go shoot a new photo. You’d need the physical version of the passport at PPR stage so better to do it now
5) It doesn’t matter. So long as you have quality reference letter to back up the work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mrsibhans: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2023
[quote author=Abercrome post=119652849][/quote]
Thank you so much for your response. I’m not sure I have my passport with my maiden name. I will look for it.
I still need someone to help me check the application before submitting.In case I leave something out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2023
Mrsibhans:

Thank you so much for your response. I’m not sure I have my passport with my maiden name. I will look for it.
I still need someone to help me check the application before submitting.In case I leave something out.

What I did for mine was to prepare a checklist using the IRCC checklist and page 1 of this thread. Before submitting, I checked my checklist to make sure that every specification I wrote down was followed. You may not get someone to review your application but just take a break; do some research and make a checklist and tick off things you prepared well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mrsibhans: 9:19am On Jan 03, 2023
Will do that. Thank you.
Abercrome:

What I did for mine was to prepare a checklist using the IRCC checklist and page 1 of this thread. Before submitting, I checked my checklist to make sure that every specification I wrote down was followed. You may not get someone to review your application but just take a break; do some research and make a checklist and tick off things you prepared well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hi everyone and happy new year. A friend of mine wants to apply for PR with her spouse. Her spouse has just secondary school certificate and didn’t finish his uni education. Does he need to evaluate anything ?

Also He also wants to claim the job in the attached image this is what he does in his uncle’s company without university education …. Is it possible ?!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
Tvickie:
Hi everyone and happy new year. A friend of mine wants to apply for PR with her spouse. Her spouse has just secondary school certificate and didn’t finish his uni education. Does he need to evaluate anything ?

Also He also wants to claim the job in the attached image this is what he does in his uncle’s company without university education …. Is it possible ?!
Waec only gives him 2 points while BSc would have given 8 points. No points for spouse work experience unless it was gotten in Canada so its irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
ednut1:
Waec only gives him 2 points while BSc would have given 8 points. No points for spouse work experience unless it was gotten in Canada so its irrelevant.

Okay thanks! She already has enough points for both of them. She just wants to know if she has to evaluate the waec too. He didn’t finish BSC that’s why he can’t claim that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2023
Also she doesn’t want to evaluate it since she has enough points for both. So it is possible to just submit his secondary school cert without it being evaluated ?

Tvickie:

Okay thanks! She already has enough points for both of them. She just wants to know if she has to evaluate the waec too. He didn’t finish BSC that’s why he can’t claim that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
Tvickie:
Also she doesn’t want to evaluate it since she has enough points for both. So it is possible to just submit his secondary school cert without it being evaluated ?

you cant submit it without evaluation, Don't fill it simple. put in personal history after ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2023
alakich:
Please guys, for those that got jobs from naija before moving, how did you handle the work experience part in your resume especially if you were still working till date? bearing in mind that we need to hide the fact that we are still in naija.
no need of hiding, you simply don't talk about it unless when asked. You talk about when you are starting. Simple

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GidiPrince: 12:09am On Jan 04, 2023
There is a 2 Bed 2 bath apartment at Clareview, Edmonton. Very close to Train and Bus stations and major shopping outlets. Well maintained. Unfurnished. Available for long-term rent.
Suitable for any category of tenants.

Contact for more details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Eilenora: 3:14am On Jan 04, 2023
Hello All, please does anyone know if IQAS can be renewed or if it has to be a fresh application? My ECA expires in March
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:22am On Jan 04, 2023
YourFutureRoomi:
Lol to live with people not easy for everyone but I guess you have what it takes lol. On a lighter note kindly start job hunting. Buy a virtual number, get a canadian address and start applying to those roles
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Thossiey(f): 4:54am On Jan 04, 2023
GidiPrince:
There is a 2 Bed 2 bath apartment at Clareview, Edmonton. Very close to Train and Bus stations and major shopping outlets. Well maintained. Unfurnished. Available for long-term rent.
Suitable for any category of tenants.

Contact for more details.
Check your message please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goulak: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2023
hopefully these draws resume soon...hopefully today!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrKong: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Please does anyone know how I can obtain a Police Clearance Certificate in Ilorin?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.