Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation (437 Views)

Cost Of Setting Up 50 Acres Of Cashew Plantation In Nigeria / Cashew Plantation For Sale / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by Ayilara1(m): 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
I finished service this October and I want to go straight into doing my masters while keeping a cash crop plantation particularly cashew (I'm from ogbomosho and I'll be living there) for future purpose but I have few questions which I'll love to read replies from experienced people here.

Like how much will it take to set up 6plots of land with cashew plantation?

What will the return from 6plots possibly look like?

What is the planting season?

Please, I'll be waiting for important contributions.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by OluchiDelly: 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ayilara1:
I finished service this October and I want to go straight into doing my masters while keeping a cash crop plantation particularly cashew (I'm from ogbomosho and I'll be living there) for future purpose but I have few questions which I'll love to read replies from experienced people here.

Like how much will it take to set up 6plots of land with cashew plantation?

What will the return from 6plots possibly look like?

What is the planting season?

Please, I'll be waiting for important contributions.

Thanks in anticipation

Since you said you are based in Ogbomosho, Hotmass gets you covered. He's based in Ogbomosho, his antecedence and integrity speak for him. Ask any educated farmer about him, they wl direct you to his location or you can search hotmass911 on NL maybe u can still get his contact, he left the forum some years ago.
Re: Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by OluchiDelly: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
Chips1123:
Cashew is a perennial cash crop , so on 6plots is not an investment you can fall back to, kindly look into planting cassava on 6plots, this can give you about 600k per year if well managed.
How many stem cutting can one plant on one plot?
Cassava farmers hit it big last year, considering the fact that the price has come down a bit, do u think 600k for an acre is still feasible?
Re: Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by OluchiDelly: 5:56am On Nov 02, 2021
Chips1123:
cassava farmers will still hit it bigger this coming year, the reduction in cassava price is due to glut season,watch out for price shoot up like the inflation of a balloon, you can plant cassava at 1ft within rows and 2ft between rows,by calculation, you have 3600stem cuttings per plot.
1ft within 2 tuber crops? The tubers will jam and lock horns with each other nauh! 1ft is just an avg shoe size of an adult. I plant cassava too for perimeter fencing of my farm.
BTW, i saw your fadama stuff, i wl give u a call .

1 Like

Re: Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by Ayilara1(m): 6:57am On Nov 02, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Since you said you are based in Ogbomosho, Hotmass gets you covered. He's based in Ogbomosho, his antecedence and integrity speak for him. Ask any educated farmer about him, they wl direct you to his location or you can search hotmass911 on NL maybe u can still get his contact, he left the forum some years ago.

Thanks

I googled and found his name and have saved his number and social handles.

I'll definitely contact him.
Re: Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by Ayilara1(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2021
Chips1123:
Cashew is a perennial cash crop , so on 6plots is not an investment you can fall back to, kindly look into planting cassava on 6plots, this can give you about 600k per year if well managed.

Thanks for your contribution sir

This agriculture can confuse someone Sha, I thought I've read that I won't even realise upto 200k from cassava plantation.

Like how many plots can I make cashew plantation on and make good return or is cashew plantation not just worth the investment?
Re: Please, Advice A Fresh Graduate On Cashew Plantation by Ayilara1(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2021
Chips1123:
for me, cashew plantation is more of the noise,if you will plant cashew, make it like 20acres upward,then put it in mind that you will harvest some at your lifetime but it's more or less for the next generation no matter the hybrid you plant, the older a cashew tree is, the more it's production.

Thanks sir

(1) (Reply)

Imported Turkey Forsale At Ibadan / 800 Bags Of Fresh Tumeric For Sale - Affordable Prices. / Olugbile Farm Nig Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.