Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 (41165 Views)

Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by ThierryJay: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2021
Chai, I know that building very well near Lafarge Holcim office on Gerrard. It's been uncompleted for a while and I remember I used to admire it from afar as it was going to be the tallest building in that Ikoyi axis.

This is really terrible. Worked had stopped on the building for a while so it's not like activities were ongoing there on a daily basis. How the collapse then happened on the day a lot of people were present was really an unfortunate luck. Could it also be that the extra load of 50 people unbalanced the already weak structure?

2 Likes

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by badoh(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:
Heads will surely roll for this

This is unacceptable
Which yeye head will roll, no be Naija we deh? You think na ordinary contractor go handle such project. The fact remains our govt compromise a lot and hardly make people accountable for their actions and inactions.
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by obonujoker(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
It must be a developer... However some land owners are very Adamant z and when you yell the wicked souls to pay facilitator fees, you will see them grumbling...
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by mixta140: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2021
Badonasty:
Na we gan gan be our problem for this country
So... you just dey know....
But we no dey wan gree... cus we like blame blame

1 Like

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Flier: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
zinodizt:
All Lagos buildings were once sealed
Lol almost 100% of buildings in Lagos were once sealed
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Terrier99: 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
harjay1986:

them no go sack anybody walahi, so imagin naa you dey the office your boss ask you to shut the place down who happen to be sanwo olu but osinbajo called you not to do so .... who you go answer

Hmmn. Wahala
This is a case of Oga Oga.

If its truly Osinbajo's building, na wàhálà o.

1 Like

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Akharmony: 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2021
Nigerian government no deh ever admit them fault. i was expecting such anyways
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by harjay1986: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
Terrier99:

Hmmn. Wahala
This is a case of Oga Oga.

If its truly Osinbajo's building, na wàhálà o.

I do service Nipems building fire alarm system ... the funniest thing be say naa Northern guy they tell me say naa my brother own the compound that i can ask anyone around
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by REALretep(m): 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:

This is unacceptable
Akụkọ
Roll fire

If the heads involved are politically connected, none will roll... this is 9ja
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by esthel(f): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wahala for the people that collected money to unseal the premises
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by sammy329(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2021
Curious345:
Sanwoolu should immediately tender his resignation
grin grin grin

Is this a joke or what??

This is Nigeria oo.
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by blaise26abj(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2021
tooth4tooth:
Imagine that!! All individual that are found wanting on this should be prosecuted asap. Human live is sacred. No individual has the right to risk the lives of others for his own gain. angry angry

Where is lekki gardens today ? Busy building more structures in lagos and Abuja . Has anyone been jailed in the SCOAN building collapse ? No .

Who dies in Building collapse ? Poor people ! And the ruling elite don’t care . Money will exchange hands and NOTHING will HAPPEN!
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Terrier99: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
harjay1986:

I do service Nipems building fire alarm system ... the funniest thing be say naa Northern guy they tell me say naa my brother own the compound that i can ask anyone around

grin
That's crazy mehn.
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Otobong3374(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
I don't know why nonsense always take place in Nigeria. Why is it very difficult for such nonsense not to happen in abroad??
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by greymiles: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
CaptainStephen:
Imagine! August I drove to see an old acquittance close to the airport in Lagos and saw people cursing government over a recently demolished house.

I learnt the house was in a terrible shape with government issuing the owner a demolish notice seven years ago, imagine what would have happened if government didn't come to pull it down.
If they had pulled this building down since that 2020, people would have painted the government bad
There’s too much hypocrisy in an average Nigerian mind

2 Likes

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by lereinter(m): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:

This is unacceptable

like yesterday
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by sonofElElyon: 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2021
The engineers withdrew their services on account of not being given a free hand to do a professional job

2 Likes

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by jaxxy(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Imagine such a nice upscale project was given to the dogs.

That’s why I like sujimoto. No compromises, no jokes.

1 Like

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by CaptainStephen(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
greymiles:

If they had pulled this building down since that 2020, people would have painted the government bad
Honestly, so much hypocrisy oo

Our society is just a reflection of the government we all lamblast.
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by CaptainStephen(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2021
greymiles:

Honestly, so much hypocrisy oo

Our society is just a reflection of the government we all lamblast..

1 Like

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
And then unsealed....

By the same lagos state government
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Powersurge: 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:

This is unacceptable

In which country.

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Babinski: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:

This is unacceptable

Let's see someone verifiably go to prison for it. Outside of that people will continue to violate with impunity. Same story at TB Joshua Synagogue building collapse years ago. Who went to prison?
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by bilulu(m): 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:

This is unacceptable
sorry to say, heads will not roll because na them them, why was it unsealed when nothing was done to correct whether government observed?

1 Like

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Easysolution(m): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2021
uptimum123:

This is unacceptable
No head will roll only if you know the little I knew about these buildings
Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Easysolution(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
harjay1986:

no head will roll my brother the building is beside NIPIMS at Ikoyi owned by our vice president thats why them no listen to warning , just last two month a slab fall from one of these building into Nipems isolation center it was cover up because of the owner but now this happen

the man dey always lie say his hand are tied now i see

before some people begin to quote me first get to gerard and get your information very well and also am from his tribe I mean Osinbajo himself
You are almost right but nobi osinbajo get am, the house na some APC big wing property, na the builder bi relative to osinbajo, and the guy don trap for inside the rubble we never still see am till now

2 Likes

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by newoffer: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
70% of the houses on the island cannot stand 4.0 earthquake.. if the house don pass 1 storey building I no dey live oooo
allcomage:
They should have demolished that time because with time the developers will settle authorities concerned and continue with the project.

2 Likes

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by kjhova(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2021
newoffer:
70% of the houses on the island cannot stand 4.0 earthquake.. if the house don pass 1 storey building I no dey live oooo

See this man oh! 4 point kini??!

If a state wide, magnitude 1, tremor happens in Lagos...hardly will a single structure remain standing! 21-storey oh, bungalow oh, even underground sceptic tanks won't survive!!!

We are all doing ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 by Selfmotivated: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
You are on your own... SPITS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Buy A Lagos State Government Residential Housing Scheme. Dos And Donts / Hardship: 4 Ways To Build Houses Without Or With Little Cement / Beechwood Estate Another Hidden Treasure That Is Unbelievably Priced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.