Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Supressing The Truth In Urighteousness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Supressing The Truth In Urighteousness (215 Views)

Speak The Truth In Love / Exposed! Jesus Was A Black Jew: An Inconvenient Truth In Scripture / Why I Always Said No Truth In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Supressing The Truth In Urighteousness by topshore(f): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
Scripture Text: Romans 1:18

The revelation of truth came in Jesus Christ! He said, "I am the truth." Truth cannot contain any lies, deception or anything that does not have its source in God! Truth is not truth when separated from the Spirit, for everything without the Spirit leads to death. Doctrines not embedded in Truth are not of God. When truth is received in the carnal mind of man, such mind cannot receive spiritual realities (1 Cor. 2:14), it remains in the death realm. We need truth to reveal the counterfeit! Jesus Christ is our statement of truth! His mind did not receive any lies. It was always focused on the Father and on obedience to the Father's decrees. He only did what the Father showed Him to do. This is the mind that we have received in Christ.

The suppression or putting down of truth takes place when ungodliness and unrighteousness emerge as truth - when truth is used to stimulate the appetite for unrighteousness. Unrighteousness is everything that is not God’s righteousness, everything that is not right in His eyes, and everything that does not have its source in Him! Godliness has to do with who God is; righteousness has to do with what God does and everything that is against the essence of God is sin. He is the One who declares what is right. Only what is right in God's eyes counts - not what is right in our eyes! This is basic to understanding the gospel.
We do not have the ability to decide what righteousness is; we can only agree with God's definition of righteousness. If we disagree with Him, we are not believing God. God's definition does not compute with our natural mind. That is why humanity suppresses the truth in unrighteousness. The Greek word for suppress, "katecho”, literally means to hold down, to restrain or to hinder. If we do not receive truth, we are suppressing it! It's as simple as that.

Disobedience is a suppression of truth. When God's righteousness is revealed to us, but we refuse to receive it, we suppress truth. This is the devil's opportunity to present us with more lies. The natural mind receives them, and more ungodliness and unrighteousness occur. This picture the heart of unregenerate man throughout history. The Scripture states that God's wrath is against the unrighteousness in men – it is not talking about the devil and evil spirits. Blaming the devil is a cop-out. For example, when Adam and Eve acted on the devil's advice, they received his mind of lies and deception. Although Eve was the one deceived but by acting on Eve’s deception instead of obeying God, Adam suppressed the truth.

Those who suppress the truth may experience the wrath of God on their ungodly attitudes and actions. When we refuse to listen to God, His wrath will allow us to experience the tragic results of our disobedience! Once we come to the end of our vanity and self-effort, and cry out to God, God will hear us. But before we will turn to God and accept His wonderful salvation, we must be convinced of our need. We need to acknowledge that our own ideas do not work, and that we cannot experience peace and happiness without God. Since the natural mind cannot understand spiritual realities, it follows that man cannot come to God of his own volition. God needs to open our blind eyes to see the grace of God and His love. Only then can we receive from God.

God is love, so everything He does is prompted by love. His judgments are prompted by love, for they are to lead people out of the deception of carnal thinking. Even His wrath is prompted by love, for it is designed to help people realize their need for a Saviour. God's goal for humanity is that it be created in His image! When His image is formed in us, Christ will be revealed to the world.
Our high calling in Christ Jesus is to reveal Truth (Christ) in righteousness and glory to God for His intervention in our lives, and His ability to transform us into His likeness through Christ.

If you would like to receive and reveal the Truth- Christ into your live, say this short prayer:
“Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen”.

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

The Good Seed.
Re: Supressing The Truth In Urighteousness by Dtruthspeaker: 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2021
topshore:
Scripture Text: Romans 1:18

The revelation of truth came in Jesus Christ! He said, "I am the truth." Truth cannot contain any lies, deception or anything that does not have its source in God! Truth is not truth when separated from the Spirit, for everything without the Spirit leads to death. Doctrines not embedded in Truth are not of God. When truth is received in the carnal mind of man, such mind cannot receive spiritual realities (1 Cor. 2:14), it remains in the death realm. We need truth to reveal the counterfeit! Jesus Christ is our statement of truth! His mind did not receive any lies. It was always focused on the Father and on obedience to the Father's decrees. He only did what the Father showed Him to do. This is the mind that we have received in Christ.

The suppression or putting down of truth takes place when ungodliness and unrighteousness emerge as truth - when truth is used to stimulate the appetite for unrighteousness. Unrighteousness is everything that is not God’s righteousness, everything that is not right in His eyes, and everything that does not have its source in Him! Godliness has to do with who God is; righteousness has to do with what God does and everything that is against the essence of God is sin. He is the One who declares what is right. Only what is right in God's eyes counts - not what is right in our eyes! This is basic to understanding the gospel.
We do not have the ability to decide what righteousness is; we can only agree with God's definition of righteousness. If we disagree with Him, we are not believing God. God's definition does not compute with our natural mind. That is why humanity suppresses the truth in unrighteousness. The Greek word for suppress, "katecho”, literally means to hold down, to restrain or to hinder. If we do not receive truth, we are suppressing it! It's as simple as that.

Disobedience is a suppression of truth. When God's righteousness is revealed to us, but we refuse to receive it, we suppress truth. This is the devil's opportunity to present us with more lies. The natural mind receives them, and more ungodliness and unrighteousness occur. This picture the heart of unregenerate man throughout history. The Scripture states that God's wrath is against the unrighteousness in men – it is not talking about the devil and evil spirits. Blaming the devil is a cop-out. For example, when Adam and Eve acted on the devil's advice, they received his mind of lies and deception. Although Eve was the one deceived but by acting on Eve’s deception instead of obeying God, Adam suppressed the truth.

Those who suppress the truth may experience the wrath of God on their ungodly attitudes and actions. When we refuse to listen to God, His wrath will allow us to experience the tragic results of our disobedience! Once we come to the end of our vanity and self-effort, and cry out to God, God will hear us. But before we will turn to God and accept His wonderful salvation, we must be convinced of our need. We need to acknowledge that our own ideas do not work, and that we cannot experience peace and happiness without God. Since the natural mind cannot understand spiritual realities, it follows that man cannot come to God of his own volition. God needs to open our blind eyes to see the grace of God and His love. Only then can we receive from God.

God is love, so everything He does is prompted by love. His judgments are prompted by love, for they are to lead people out of the deception of carnal thinking. Even His wrath is prompted by love, for it is designed to help people realize their need for a Saviour. God's goal for humanity is that it be created in His image! When His image is formed in us, Christ will be revealed to the world.
Our high calling in Christ Jesus is to reveal Truth (Christ) in righteousness and glory to God for His intervention in our lives, and His ability to transform us into His likeness through Christ.

If you would like to receive and reveal the Truth- Christ into your live, say this short prayer:
“Lord Jesus, I come to You today, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world, in Your name I pray, amen”.

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

The Good Seed.

See, how many Truth Lovers have Come to Honour these Beautiful words?

Nonetheless, The Right Hand of The Lord is Exalted. The Right doeth Valiantly. The Right Hand of The Lord is Exalted.

And His Truths Rules Forever!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Today Is The Solemnity Of Christ The King / Does Your Spouse Miss You When You Travel? Or Do They Rejoice? / Any Deeperlife Member In Abk South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.