Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,697 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki (29262 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of 20 Buildings In Banana Island / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-olu Receives Panel Report (pictures) / VICTORIA COURT AND GARDEN, OKI-OLODO, IBADAN. SELLING N6M PER PLOT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Lama70(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2021
This civil servants don't learn at all. Sometimes one thinks they are the architect of most misfortunes bedeviling the administration of this country.
The Lekki estate issue comes to mind again. Is it that the greed for kick back is so difficult for them to overcome?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by flexyrule(m): 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:
Just like I said in the other thread that heads will roll for this catastrophe but some people were quoting me saying no be Nigeria we dey.

This is Lagos... No form of irregularities is acceptable with this Government.
Story

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by sonofElElyon: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
GERRARD ROAD BUILDING COLLAPSE
· Nine rescued alive, 14 dead
· Sanwo-Olu orders LASBCA GM’s suspension
· Deputy Governor visits site

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159400183081013&id=735776012

Meaning the he may be recalled?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by newoffer: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Plenty building in Lagos is due for demolition. The civil servants will be playing politics and tribal shits..quote author=Maxymilliano post=107274723]He should be charged for manslaughter due to his negligence and dereliction of duty which made him morally complicit in the whole mess ... An approved 15 storey building couldn't have gotten to 21 storey in a day or month[/quote]
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by nedekid: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
Right step to take. Heads have to roll once something of such happens. Responsibility! That is how a government is run.
Unlike the oga at the top in Aso Rock that rewards incompetence. undecided
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Onarabu: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:
He should be charged for manslaughter due to his negligence and dereliction of duty which made him morally complicit in the whole mess ... An approved 15 storey building couldn't have gotten to 21 storey in a day or month

Abi o, bunch of thieves!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by spencekat(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
chrisifeanyi:
Imagine being trapped in that rubble. The people that survived should serve God forever. How possible to survive those pillars falling on top of someone.
God is very great.Some people on a related thread here said that no one will get out of that debris alive.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
Antoeni:
Meanwhile the God of Pastor dey protect members while AK47 carrying mobile policemen dey protect pastors.......... Religion is truly the opium of the people

Me: If you don't have the strength for Police apply for vigilante.

May God help us!
na religion be the igbo(weed) of the masses.people must high on something and money must be made, while highing last undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by nairaman66(m): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:
Just like I said in the other thread that heads will roll for this catastrophe but some people were quoting me saying no be Nigeria we dey.

Lol.., irregularities already cost people their lives! Heads wouldn’t have to roll if this building was certified in the first place!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by SonofGod231: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
I be engineer,I sabi work,see am now.A forensic test on the Casts and Strenght of the materials used for this project is all you need in solving the mystery.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by blaise26abj(m): 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:

Heads did not roll @ lekki gardens . Heads did not roll @ synagogue. Trust me , this is initial gra gra . By the time money starts flowing and political pressures , you won’t hear anything again
See this proof .

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/378970-lekki-gardens-building-collapse-angry-judge-rejects-out-of-court-settlement.html

A whole state left the criminal aspect of the case and was helping Lekkigardens seek out of court settlement after killing people

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by talkingdrivel(m): 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
He was made gm lasbca March 2021....and that building was already on 18floors as at June 2020
Maxymilliano:
He should be charged for manslaughter due to his negligence and dereliction of duty which made him morally complicit in the whole mess ... An approved 15 storey building couldn't have gotten to 21 storey in a day or month
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by airsaylongcome: 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
Initial gragra

This has always been LASBCA modus operandi. There's a construction work in progress on Simeon Akinlonu Street in Oniru (not far from Femi Gbajabiamila's house in Oniru). LASBCA painted their regular SEALED with an X in red. Date was 09-21. As I am typing this, I passed there today and building is being decked preparing for another floor. Is LASBCA saying they are unaware of that? Same thing happened at one construction site a few months ago at Olabanji Olajide Street near Lagoon School in Lekki. Two 4-storey residential buildings were built in a very tiny piece of Land with zero parking space. LASBCA painted their Sealed sign as usual and the building was finished and is currently open to rent.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Pootle: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
hope the other two building are ok undecided
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Badonasty(m): 5:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
Step in the right direction
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Tareq1105: 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
The other 2 standing should be tested o.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by SonofGod231: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
talkingdrivel:
He was made gm lasbca March 2021....and that building was already on 18floors as at June 2020
If he was doing routine checks and balances e for no know say na substandard building be that?
I so much like this lagos governor i dont know why.
If only he was the president of this country by now e for don.Quickly,
1.Sack Buhari the yeye Minister of Petroluem.
2.Sack that yeye present minister of Agriculture.
3.Sack that yeye CBN Governor.
4.Sack that yeye minister of Health.
5.Sack all those military men incharge of defense and armed forces for this country.
Not forgetting to pursue that Yeye Goodswill Akpabio from ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.
Very important.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
Dialpad:
Is jagaban aware before you sacked him, you know you just can't do that.... smiley

How is that your problem ndigbo amebo. He had been sanctioned and that's what matters
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Valuc: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
Somebody that will resume office tomorrow morning ... Fear Nigeria
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by talkingdrivel(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
What I'm saying in essence is that that building was already on the 21st floor when he became gm....how do you want him to do routine checks? Do you know some buildings can pass ndt but still collapse
SonofGod231:

If he was doing routine checks and balances e for no know say na substandard building be that?
I so much like this lagos governor i dont know why.
If only he was the president of this country by now e for don.Quickly,
1.Sack Buhari the yeye Minister of Petroluem.
2.Sack that yeye present minister of Agriculture.
3.Sack that yeye CBN Governor.
4.Sack that yeye minister of Health.
5.Sack all those military men incharge of defense and armed forces for this country.
Not forgetting to pursue that Yeye Goodswill Akpabio from ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.
Very important.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by CaptainFM1: 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
I think the state government should carry out a strength test on the other two buildings. If need be, a control-demolition should be carried out on them. I have this feeling that they are weak and are disaster waiting to happen too!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by karnap(m): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Exactly!! He was just not checking on what is going on!!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by SonofGod231: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
talkingdrivel:
What I'm saying in essence is that that building was already on the 21st floor when he became gm....how do you want him to do routine checks? Do you know some buildings can pass ndt but still collapse
Am i saying he was the reason for the building collapse or we are talking about the complexity of the project on its own part and the failure of this persons to exonerate themselves In analyzing the combination of failure factors in any cases like these,complexity and negligence is number one. Na natural disaster come destroy the building?Abi you think say na illitrates dey here.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:

And this happened in the affluent part too.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:

Na still Naija we dey..

Na today buildings done dey fall?

No be today we done dey hear noise..

When the dust settles..

Everything goes back to status quo.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by mrkings84(m): 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
Aside those people that have lost their lives, this building collapse is gonna take away foods from many.....
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by adm212144: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
GERRARD ROAD BUILDING COLLAPSE
· Nine rescued alive, 14 dead
· Sanwo-Olu orders LASBCA GM’s suspension
· Deputy Governor visits site

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159400183081013&id=735776012
I remember the day this Oki guy calls for total over hauling of someone's building in egbeda for quarreling one of the official.Karma at work.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Sandok(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2021
Quick respond, let those involve should face d drum n dance to the tune....
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by stacyadams: 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
uptimum123:

Story...they are just acting like they r working....fake people..IG come...has IG stopped his boys from intimidating its citizens
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Suspension Of Gbolahan Oki by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
Is like Sanwo Olu seems my heart, that GM is a disaster

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Collapsed In Adeniji-Adele Street Lagos With People Trapped / Review:To Let In Various Locations In Ibadan.with pictures#LATEST / What Is The Price Of One Bag Of Cement In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.