Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Please I Need Your Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Your Advise (863 Views)

Please Car Expert I Need Your Advise On This / Pls Your Advise Is Needed As Regards 2008 Camry V4 / Please I Need Your Advise On Purchasing A 2014 Range Rover Evoque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advise by Saao(m): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2021
Hello
I intend to buy a car in a week time but I'm confused on what to do so I need ur advice in the following ways:
1) I have 3m which can buy the foreign used of the car I want to buy
2) I'm considering buying Nigerian used, then change the engine if engine not good enough and if possible work on it, with the total of 2m as the budget, so I can have change after purchase to run other things.

Please what do u do about my two options?
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by providencia(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
Saao:
Hello
I intend to buy a car in a week time but I'm confused on what to do so I need ur advice in the following ways:
2) I'm considering buying Nigerian used, then change the engine if engine not good enough and if possible work on it, with the total of 2m as the budget, so I can have change after purchase to run other things.

Never you have the mindset of buying a car and changing the engine. You are highly likely to get a worse engine as replacement.

BTW if 3m can buy a foreign use car, then 2m is more than enough to get a good nigerian use with sound engine and gearbox

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Saao(m): 4:10am On Nov 03, 2021
providencia:

Never you have the mindset of buying a car and changing the engine. You are highly likely to get a worse engine as replacement.

BTW if 3m can buy a foreign use car, then 2m is more than enough to get a good nigerian use with sound engine and gearbox
thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Dozieson(m): 4:22am On Nov 03, 2021
Saao:
Hello

Which car do you have in mind?
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Saao(m): 4:23am On Nov 03, 2021
Dozieson:

Which car do you have in mind?
rav4 2007/2008
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Dozieson(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2021
Saao:
rav4 2007/2008

Your budget cannot get you a tokunbo RAV 4 of that year.
Don't go for Nigeria used too.
Its engine is 2az known for oil burning except you are going for the V6 option
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Saao(m): 4:32am On Nov 03, 2021
Dozieson:

Your budget cannot get you a tokunbo RAV 4 of that year.
Don't go for Nigeria used too.
Its engine is 2az known for oil burning except you are going for the V6 option
the v6 may consume alot of fuel and I do alot of movement so I'm considering fuel economy. I saw foreign used for 3.2m. The total cash I have is 3m, I don't want to use the whole money in buying car.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Dozieson(m): 4:47am On Nov 03, 2021
Saao:
the v6 may consume alot of fuel and I do alot of movement so I'm considering fuel economy. I saw foreign used for 3.2m. The total cash I have is 3m, I don't want to use the whole money in buying car.

My brother, the truth is that the foreign used you saw N3.2m have a lot of issues. Rav4 toks cost 3500-5000$. Shipping is about 1000$, clearing should be around 700k. Add some other logistics of about 200k. Then, how much will the total be in naira?

Just type 2az in nairaland search button and see how people complain about the oil shorting issue. You may regret it.

Run away from the I4 engine. V6 is very good.
Or better be open to other car options

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Saao(m): 4:55am On Nov 03, 2021
Dozieson:

My brother, the truth is that the foreign used you saw N3.2m have a lot of issues. Rav4 toks cost 3500-5000$. Shipping is about 1000$, clearing should be around 700k. Add some other logistics of about 200k. Then, how much will the total be in naira?

Just type 2az in nairaland search button and see how people complain about the oil shorting issue. You may regret it.

ok thanks alot, I really appreciate
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by melviniyke2002(m): 6:05am On Nov 03, 2021
Why not go for Toyota Camry 2006 Xle v6 or v4.... 2m to 2.4m clean title foreign used.....u keep change n HV rest of mind.....just service with full synthetic oil.....my opinion though.
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by Dozieson(m): 7:28am On Nov 03, 2021
melviniyke2002:
Why not go for Toyota Camry 2006 Xle v6 or v4.... 2m to 2.4m clean title foreign used.....u keep change n HV rest of mind.....just service with full synthetic oil.....my opinion though.

I don't like Camry 2005/6 because of their sensitive gear box(13pin). 2004(V6) is also using 13pin. Just run away from 2az engine and 13 gear box
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by 2felix(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2021
Saao:
ok thanks alot, I really appreciate
Consider 1. Volvo xc90 T5 2.5l 2005/2006 model
2006 nissan-x-trail
2007/2008 Honda crv .

Never restrict your self to one brand, you pay dearly for it.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise by seanfer(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2021
OP should consider Hyundai Santa-fe, Honda CRV...
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by melviniyke2002(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2021
Dozieson:

I don't like Camry 2005/6 because of their sensitive gear box(13pin). 2004(V6) is also using 13pin. Just run away from 2az engine and 13 gear box
lol...u n dis 2az engine....car where men der cruise for years no story.....its left for d op to make his choice... Let him go for direct toks any good car.....but let him no use his last card buy car,e get why
Re: Please I Need Your Advise by demolagilbert: 11:01am On Nov 03, 2021
Dozieson:

additions

Shipping fee is no longer avg of $1k. Applicable avg now would be $1300

Trucking fee wasn't included. That one is avg of $300

The 2az engine option is still being bought everyday, oil burn or not. I'm pretty sure someone is buying a Camry, rav4, Highlander, avensis as I type. Those are hot cars, barring the avensis, and that aint changing anytime soon, even overseas...We like our 2az like that. The v6 option isn't and can never be as ubiquitous as the 2az, esp now that 300+ per litre is upon us. LOL

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Movement Is Tech Frenzy !!! See Tech Campaign Gadgets Of Peter Obi / Lexus IS 250 For Sale / Honest Advice On Which TOYOTA 2004 Car To Buy For BOLT BUSINESS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.