Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? (598 Views)

Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada / Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months / Nnamdi Kanu To FG: "I Will Start Charging You For Free Education On Facebook" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? by jmoore(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
EEDC is charging 64.6 naira per kwh. How much is your disco charging you?

2018-2020, we were charged 34.28 naira per kwh. It has increased to 64.6 naira. I bought 1,500 naira worth of power and was given 23.2 kwh.

Re: EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? by Dmavin: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
Op these people doesn't care about you
Re: EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? by Tokskob2008: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Seems op just started using prepaid metre cos it has been that amount since last year. IBEDC charges #65 for people on the 33kva line and #35 for the 11kva line...
Re: EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? by jmoore(m): 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Seems op just started using prepaid metre cos it has been that amount since last year. IBEDC charges #65 for people on the 33kva line and #35 for the 11kva line...

Are you saying that prepaid metre has a different tariff when compared to postpaid?

I have been on prepaid since 2018. My observation is recent, the tariff was increased. Postpaid and prepaid have same tariff.

BTW, tariff is based on band classifications, not on KVA category.
Re: EEDC Is Charging 64.6 Naira Per Kwh. How Much Is Your Disco Charging You? by Tokskob2008: 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
jmoore:

Are you saying that prepaid metre has a different tariff when compared to postpaid?

I have been on prepaid since 2018. My observation is recent, the tariff was increased. Postpaid and prepaid have same tariff.

BTW, tariff is based on band classifications, not on KVA category.
Post paid and prepaid have same tariff as long as they are on the same band classification which equally falls under the KVA category too.

People under the 11kva line who uses less than 5hrs daily or so (both prepaid and post paid) don't pay the same as the the ones under the 33kva line who uses 15hrs and above electricity daily.

I think the first tariff increase was in 2019/2020 or so... From #30 to #65 for the 33kva lines cos I remembered then #1k was 30units but now it's just 13.5units

(1) (Reply)

How Many People Did Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap In The South To Have Warranted Secess / Panic As Suspected Bandits Abduct Igbo Leader In Ondo Town / Zamfara Emirate Enters Peace Deal With Terror Kingpin, Ali Kachalla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.