Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Ronaldo Admits It Took A Bit Of Luck To Get Draw Against Atlanta - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Admits It Took A Bit Of Luck To Get Draw Against Atlanta (311 Views)

Ronaldo Caps Stunning Manchester United Comeback Against Atlanta / Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Admits It Took A Bit Of Luck To Get Draw Against Atlanta by teegrams(m): 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo admitted Manchester United needed 'a bit of luck' to secure a 2-2 Champions League draw with Atalanta on Tuesday night.
The Portuguese superstar scored equalisers at the end of both halves as United fought back to earn a point in a game where they were second-best for long stretches.

Ronaldo told BT Sport he was not surprised by how well Atalanta played, but admitted his side needed some luck to help them steal a point at the death.

"Well, it was a difficult game. When we play in Bergamo against Atalanta it's always difficult, but we believed until the end and I helped my team to a point and I'm so happy," Ronaldo said.

He added: "In the beginning it was tough, we knew Atalanta would [apply] a lot of pressure. They have a fantastic coach, they know what to do all the time on the pitch. I know because when I was with Juventus they were always difficult to play against, but we did our job and defended well, we had a bit of luck at the end when I scored a goal, but that's football."

United were poor defensively once again, particularly after Raphael Varane was substituted due to an injury in the first half. But Ronaldo said that he and his teammates are still improving and need time to figure out some kinks.

"It's normal," Ronaldo insisted. "We have to improve, we have different players, a different system, we have to adapt with each other but it'll take time."

United would have dropped to third place in the group if they had lost on Tuesday, but remain in top spot with the point and qualification remains in their own hands.

SOURCE:https://baboyo.com/news/ronaldo-admits-it-took-a-bit-of-luck-to-get-draw-against-atlanta

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo: Like Father Like Son / NFF Sacks Rohr As Super Eagles Coach / Augustine Eguavoen Asked Super Eagles Players For Their Favourite Formation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.