Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take (1371 Views)

Earn Up To 20k Weekly Receiving Calls And Closing Sales / I Need Loan. I Have Funds In Piggybank Safelock. What Do I Do? / Unlimited Mtn To Mtn Calls And Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by olakan22: 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
Good evening,
Barely a month ago I received some texts which I believed were from a broadcast introducing their loan services. I ignored the messages and didn't think much of it.

Then on Sunday, I got a message telling me my 'loan' was due. I didn't take any loan from anywhere. I didn't at anytime register nor did any verification with any financial institution for any loan.

Since yesterday I have been receiving automated phone calls asking me to pay up with a tinge of threat therein. The numbers are: 09 299 0153, 01 888 7311

I tried looking for the company's customer care online so I could clarify things but I couldn't find them.

I am particularly worried because I have read of how Fintechs blackmail their defaulters. And in this case, I don't owe anybody.

I am hoping that I will find workable solution to resolve this totally.

Pls help!

Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by Stephen0mozzy: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
Shey hasn't maybe used your number to register on the app so?

Also how many of the apps are you getting the messages from... Palmcredit is there too.. Contact them and lay your own complaints with a tinge of threats for violating your privacy

1 Like

Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
Now Op will understand what we meant when we say wahala no dey finish
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by b3llo(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
Wahala dey for corner dey relax then trouble go find am.
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by Baawaa(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
Someone might have use you phone number to borrow money.
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by Romanoff(f): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
My mum receives the automated call with 01 number but in her case, they claim it's someone she knows that owes the money and the person is a defaulter, that if the person doesn't pay, she's liable and her bvn will b blocked.

Imagine something o. I sha helped her block the number.

1 Like

Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by olakan22: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
Stephen0mozzy:
Shey hasn't maybe used your number to register on the app so?

Also how many of the apps are you getting the messages from... Palmcredit is there too.. Contact them and lay your own complaints with a tinge of threats for violating your privacy

I don't even have any app and I don't know them
It seems the one with sender ID: LCTRANSS is responsible
I tried looking for Palm Credit. All I found is a Facebook contact. They're yet to reply my message
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by olakan22: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
Romanoff:
My mum receives the automated call with 01 number but in her case, they claim it's someone she knows that owes the money and the person is a defaulter, that if the person doesn't pay, she's liable and her bvn will b blocked.

Imagine something o. I sha helped her block the number.

Ah.
Pls when was this?
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by id4sho(m): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
sad
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by Romanoff(f): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
olakan22:

Ah.
Pls when was this?

They've been calling her for a month now.
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by fab04(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2021
Person don help you collect loan. Just think of somebody close to you that possibly has access to your details. Your details can be used to collect the loan.
Re: I Am Receiving Calls And Sms Asking Me To Repay A Loan I Didn't Take by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:28am On Nov 04, 2021
STOP USING LOAN APPS,THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS IN NIGERIA undecided

(1) (Reply)

Sell and fund Your UBA USD Prepaid Card Funds instantly / Just Uniforms / Make Money Through Forex Trading Whether You Know How To Trade Or Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.