Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? (916 Views)

SCARY STORY: A 38 Year Old Lady Who Delivered A Baby At Alimosho General Hospita / Doctor Delivers Woman Of 1.8kg Baby And 9.8kg Massive Fibroid. Graphic Photos / A Dead Pregnant Lady Delivered A Baby In The Grave(Photos,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
She delivered in the afternoon but she's not yet able to produce milk. We don't want to use food for the child. Our plan is the baby feeds on only breast milk for 6months. Please what can she do to start breastfeeding the child immediately. At the moment we have been given the child only water and a little glucose. Experienced mothers in the house please help ooo.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
verybadmouth:
She delivered in the afternoon but she's not yet able to produce milk. We don't want to use food for the child. Our plan is the baby feeds on only breast milk for 6months. Please what can she do to start breastfeeding the child immediately. At the moment we have been given the child only water and a little glucose. Experienced mothers in the house please help ooo.
i don’t understand

Na inside house she born the baby with you both only in the house?
Cos this your tori get as e be o.

There should be a nurse or midwife to guide you on what to do.
You just reported it as if your wife gave birth at home with you alone

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by BUGOFF(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
Congratulations to your family.
Beverage/Tea with moderate sugar or, Sugarcane.
Cheers
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
Amotolongbo:
i don’t understand
Milk isn't coming out of her breast.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by doggedfighter(f): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
Keep giving the baby water.

She will start producing milk by evening or tomorrow morning.

Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by house10s: 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
verybadmouth:

https://www.healthline.com/health/breastfeeding/no-breast-milk-after-delivery-what-to-do
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Ezemarcel(m): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
With time the breast milk will rush but she has to drink hot tea and let the baby suckle the nipple.....

Meanwhile you can use syringe to give the baby baby food that's nan1
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by doggedfighter(f): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ezemarcel:
With time the breast milk will rush but she has to drink hot tea and let the baby suckle the nipple.....

Syringe?
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Amotolongbo(f): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
verybadmouth:

Milk isn't coming out of her breast.
Is there no nurse or midwife there?
To tell you on what to do?
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Is there no nurse or midwife there?
To tell you on what to do?
They said it will come that the baby should just take water.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
doggedfighter:
Keep giving the baby water.

She will start producing milk by evening or tomorrow morning.

Congratulations.
Thanks so much ma. Extremely grateful

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
BUGOFF:
Congratulations to your family.
Beverage/Tea with moderate sugar or, Sugarcane.
Cheers
Ok. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by BUGOFF(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
verybadmouth:

Ok. Thanks so much
Try, then let's know if it helped.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Ezemarcel(m): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
doggedfighter:

Syringe?
yes syringe to measure the exact amount the baby needs to avoid over feeding
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by InvestorRicky(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
So u finished the breast milk before the baby was delivered. Oya add glucose to water & give to the baby.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by money121(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ok
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by lomprico(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
verybadmouth:

was it through CS?
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Freestainworld(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
Congratulations, the milk will come
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by OnlineArchitect: 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
Congratulations op. No need to worry yourself as the breast milk will start flowing before you know it
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Ethanuella: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ezemarcel:

Op, this comment is the answer you are looking for.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Dindondin(m): 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
Give the child baby food. Soon the breast ll start bring out milk
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by wajag123(m): 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
Please give her palm wine mixed with stout call ogoro
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Landmack: 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
Administer only palm wine to her. Don’t mix with anything just fresh palwine
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
lomprico:

was it through CS?
No it wasn't. It was a normal delivery.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 04, 2021
Make hot pap with milk and little sugar....
Make hot tea with milk and little sugar.....
She should always drink enough water....
Let the baby always suckle the breast whether it comes out yet or not.... E go flow....
Congratulations to you sir... Na man you be....
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Ezemarcel:
yes syringe to measure the exact amount the baby needs to avoid over feeding
No abeg.... Syringe feeding is for premature babies.... Baby cups and feeders all have measurements on thier body. Do you know not everyone can feed a baby with syringe.... Before someone will mistakenly over push the syringe thereby choking the baby....
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 04, 2021
wajag123:
Please give her palm wine mixed with stout call ogoro
why stout? You want high the baby?
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Ezemarcel(m): 12:14am On Nov 04, 2021
BKsoul:
No abeg.... Syringe feeding is for premature babies.... Baby cups and feeders all have measurements on thier body. Do you know not everyone can feed a baby with syringe.... Before someone will mistakenly over push the syringe thereby choking the baby....
not everyone can afford that ......and besides it's a day old and the parents want exclusive breast feeding
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 04, 2021
Ezemarcel:
not everyone can afford that ......
afford baby cup or feeder? That costs less than 500naira? Abeg talk another thing joor.... Delete that yhing you wrote, before people will see you as unwise.... So small baby feeder is costlier than that formula you advised to buy?
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Ezemarcel(m): 12:28am On Nov 04, 2021
BKsoul:
afford baby cup or feeder? That costs less than 500naira? Abeg talk another thing joor.... Delete that yhing you wrote, before people will see you as unwise.... So small baby feeder is costlier than that formula you advised to buy?
you are entitled to your opinion while I'm entitled to mine ....learn to respect that...

Wise woman
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 04, 2021
Ezemarcel:
you are entitled to your opinion while I'm entitled to mine ....learn to respect that...

Wise woman
Yes sir, but not when your opinion will lead someone else astray ... Unwise man.
Re: My Wife Just Delivered A Baby And she's Not Producing Milk Yet. What Do We Do? by muheeb01(m): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2021
Let her drink more of pap,honey and milk....she will produce breast milk in no time..also find ewedu I don't know the english name,let her drink as much as she can on a daily basis

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of Longevity / Help! Frigidity In Women: / Help Me: ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.