Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] (890 Views)

TEARS°°°JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] / ***POSSESSED***JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] / ***WRETCHEDLY RICH***AN AFRICAN STORY ∆ JESSICA DURU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 04, 2021
CLICK TO READ FIRST 3 CHAPTERS >>> https://www.nairaland.com/6801579/wretchedly-rich-african-story-jessica

CLICK TO READ FULL STORY>>> https://story.lightreader.com/200062494935416832/1/2113706

WRETCHEDLY
             RICH ∆
       An African Story
                BY JESSICA DURU ¶
@@*∆∆∆*@@ THE WAKE-UP CALL ♻♻♻
  “★✡✡✡ The Resurrection ✡✡✡★”

The twelve tribes: Eje, Evie, Ekwo, Erie, Ele, Esa, Eti, Ekpe, Efa, Eme, Erin and Ekpoh, were in mourning, with their heads gone. The elders at that time were considered rulers of each tribe. They governed the people and made the law, ruled with an iron fist, making the people spite them. Every normal Igbo story would tell of great kings who ruled and were loved by their people, but this wasn't the case for the elders of the twelve tribes.
———
  ‘Hmm. So the boy thinks himself a hero? ’ Ukpaka chuckled, watching everything in the clouds. ’He will never know what's coming—"

12:45am :::♣♣♣♠♠♣♣♣

Ukpaka stood in the middle of Oshirishi river, with hands stretched out and lips muttering words the river could hear as it swirled, revealing a world not any man could reach . The image of a woman appeared just below; her face demonlike and hair thrice as long as anything ever seen. She was the devil's bride; second ruler of the dark kingdom; and her demoness—JEZEL
  The chief priest was promised half of everything he ever wanted, and he lay with the evil queen, dining at darkness abode.

The Chosen One ⚙⚙⚙

I thought it had ended—the war was only beginning and was to last—if something wasn't done.

***★***

"Obiajulum! Obiajulum!"
  "Ma!"
  It was the voice of my mother—I thought she was calling for a reason.
  "Nne, I'm coming."
  I was in my room studying for the exams. I had completely forgotten that I was the only one at home, when suddenly, I came to a stop at my mind's reminder.
  Freezing as the hairs on my skin stood erect, I heard the hooting sound of an owl, as the creature appeared, scaring me to death. "Jesus!"
  The horrific creature made its usual turn, still standing, taking the form of a man, as it said, "Your soul is all we want!" Another black man emerged as he said.
  Shrieking as I fell, I made to move backwards with my hands placed on the floor, as a fierce grip came upon my legs and held me in place, as I screamed, "Let go!"
  Twelve men emerged—twelve evil doers I thought to be dead. “We want your soul. Your soul. Your soul-" Their chants pierced deeply into me, as I felt angry fingers scratch every part of my body. I cried in torment, praying they'd let me die a less painful death and not have me bear this awful pain.
"Leave me alone. Leave me alone. Leave me alone!"
I was jerked up immediately as I saw popsy looking at me with worried brows. "Is everything alright, son?"
I was sweating profusely, even with the fan on. "Papa, where is NNE?" I asked.
He replied with his brows getting relaxed as he sat on the chair adjacent to the bed. "Your mother has gone to the market, Nana."
Papa called me Nana only when he wanted to address an issue.
What have I done wrong?
He smiled as though he had read my mind. "You're perfectly safe, son,"
I looked at him, not understanding a thing. "Safe from what?"
He revealed. "Nwanyi Ajani told us everything."
I stared, still confused. "Told you what, Nna m? I am not understanding what you're saying." I said for him to elaborate. "Who is Nwanyi Ajani?" I sought with curiosity.
"Nwanyi Ajani is the oldest woman in this village."
I sat dumbstruck at his reply. The oldest woman in Ekpe? I twisted my lips, not voicing my question.
Papa went ahead to tell me how Nwanyi Ajani had told him about my encounter with the village heads. How she knew this I knew not. It remained a mystery and my question was left unanswered even till today...

*****UNTITLED*****

Obiajulum was all grown up and had gone through university walls, thanks to the scholarship he received for being the valedictorian. He was living large, along with his wife and kids.
Obiajulum and Adanne's marriage was blessed with such darling kids; Chiaobi, Chimuanya and Chikezie. The duo married in their sixth year of being in a relationship, and their union was blessed with a son, and a girl, then a boy afterwards-their last seed.
Adanne hadn't left for her country home, as she stated that her heart belonged in Nigeria. Her father having been saddened by this, let her do as she pleased, and the subject fully accepting her feelings, admitted to loving Obiajulum, awakening a whole new desire.
Obiajulum and Adanne's love story was one anyone would love to tell; from being enemies to being friends; and becoming two love birds-who wouldn't love to hear of such happy tale?

"""Obiajulum"""

It was our anniversary. I couldn't be more pleased seeing my wife standing right in front of me, all radiant and like the first time we had met. It was like a child's play. Bumping into each other, throwing angry stares and hisses, neither of us talking to each other. But look-there we were, after all that silly stuff, going through everything together; staring into each other's eyes, not wanting to look away.
"My beautiful wife," I called sweetly, making sure my eyes were kept in the same position and not moving to look at something else. "You've been..."
"Daddy!" Our son came running as I frowned. "Son, what is it?" I looked at his little stature, not pleased with the interruption. "Can't you see daddy's busy?"
My darling wife laughed, seeing him pout. "Baby, what's daddy done now?"
I smiled interestingly, watching her carry him. "Honey, let me tend to Chikezie," she said to me, "I'll be back."
I pouted, making Chikezie laugh. "Mommy, daddy's angry."
He got a cheek draw and I began laughing.

Obiajulum and Adanne were both living well to the extent many couples envied them. They'd do all things together, go sightseeing, and even assist each other when necessary. Their love was indeed the kind anyone would wish to experience. The couple were lucky to have each other—as their wedding vows read; "for better for worse—" it was going to be for the two.

***“Darling, isn't it about time the kids came back from school? I wonder what's keeping them." Adanne said with worry as her husband looked up from the newspaper he was reading.
  He looked at his wristwatch, checked the wall clock to be sure he was seeing right, as it hit him knowing it was half past 5. "What?!!" he sprang to his feet, looking around for his keys.
  "What' you looking for?" His wife asked.
  "The car keys of course."
  Adanne looked at him, surprised. "But the school's already got it covered. Why then did we pay for the bus?"
  Obiajulum thought for a moment. "You're right," he groaned and looked at the clock again. "But they shouldn't be wasting much time." he sighed and took up the newspaper. "The kids need to eat, you know?"
  Adanne added, "And shower."
  The kids came in at that minute, rushing towards their Mom. "Hi mama," Chikezie the youngest greeted.
  "Good afternoon, mommy. Good afternoon, daddy."Chimuanya and Chiaobi followed.
  "Oh, my babies," their mother said. "Your dad and I was getting really worried."
  Chikezie made to sit on his mom's laps as Chimuanya rushed and sat instead. "Loser!"
  Their father scolded. "Chimuanya, oya get up from there!"
  "But daddy..."
  "Get up and go and take your bathe. Osiso!"
  Their mother laughed, watching her leave with face squeezed.
  "Mommy. Daddy. Brother Chiaobi ate someone's food."  Chikezie reported, rolling his baby eyes at his big bro.
  "Chiaobi, is that true?"
  Chiaobi frowned at his parents' question.
  "Is that true? Answer me!" Their father got up with angry eyes as Chikezie sat on his mother's laps, making silly faces at him. "Mme-eeeh. I told you I will tell."
  Adanne brought him down and made to intervene. "Honey, please stop. You're scaring our son."
  Obiajulum barked, "Scaring our son?!"
  Adanne had never seen such rage in him before. "Hon, what has come over you?"
  Obiajulum ignored her and went back to questioning his son. "Chiaobi, tell me the truth—" he looked the boy straight in the eye as he trembled. "Oh, that means it's true?"
  The frightened boy's shaky response came. "grin-daddy, it was only small."
  His father's rage grew even more. "Small, eh?" he pulled out his belt, and his wife quickly got in. "Honey!" she looked at him in fury. "Honey, please stop this madness. You're scaring me."
  He pushed her out of the way and made to hit their son, as he dodged; shaky hairy legs brushing roughly against the hard glass table, as a loud cry erupted in the room.

ANTICIPATE THE NEXT

Africans reading this, hope I'm doing well? smiley
Btw, you can access chapter 1-8 if you're interested to read. A simple dm would do kiss I don't bite wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Casan0va: 7:54am On Nov 04, 2021
Nice, but at some point, I was getting confused with the flashbacks and foreshadowing.

I thought you would expand more on the Obiajulu when he was younger and tormented by evil people.

Or will this be a flashback paradise? grin cool
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2021
Casan0va:
Nice, but at some point, I was getting confused with the flashbacks and foreshadowing.

I thought you would expand more on the Obiajulu when he was younger and tormented by evil people.

Or will this be a flashback paradise? grin cool

Flashback? Ohhh, meaning you've not been following. It's actually not a flashback. The resurrection is a continuation of the Ritual. I don't really tell people what happens in my story completely. I like when they figure it out themselves... for the fun. The elders came back for real, tho. They only acted out in Obiajulum's dream. You'd see from the starting, though I made it seem they were manipulating in the physical.

...perhaps you can purchase the previous chapters, so you'd tag along wink
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2021
You guys take note...EKPE IS ALSO IN ISHEKPE, so you won't go wondering how the name came about wink
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Casan0va: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Jaylynn:

Flashback? Ohhh, meaning you've not been following. It's actually not a flashback. The resurrection is a continuation of the Ritual. I don't really tell people what happens in my story completely. I like when they figure it out themselves... for the fun. The elders came back for real, tho. They only acted out in Obiajulum's dream. You'd see from the starting, though I made it seem they were manipulating in the physical.

...perhaps you can purchase the previous chapters, so you'd tag along wink

First time I'm reading your works.
Just followed you recently

Besides, I saw a PM from you some weeks ago (before I started following you)

How much do you sell them

1 Like

Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
***THE NURSES***

Chiaobi had had a terrible fall and was rushed to the hospital, as he'd sustained an injury to his head when he had fallen on the glass table. His father regretted ever laying a hand on him. How was he to know that a simple discipline he wanted to instil, could wreak havoc.
  "Nurse! Nurse!"
  One of the nurses surfaced, uttering in a rude tone. "Madam, no dey shout nah. You no know you dey disturb patients?"
  Adanne ignored her, asking for her son to be taken in immediately as he had lost a lot of blood. "Nurse, please. P-please—my son—my child—Help!" Adanne was in a confused state, not knowing what else to say.
  Her husband was following behind, stuck with the pain, seeing his son in a critical condition. God, what is this? He sighed, blaming himself. What really came over me? He thought with no explanation given. He couldn't understand how he had gotten so mad, to the extent of wanting to whip him. He was carrying the boy all this while, not minding if his blood soaked every part of his body or even stained the floor.
  "Just see as una dey stain where person clean," The nurse who went by the name Evelyn, took notice of the blood that was dripping. "You no know say this hospital dey dey clean everyday?"
  Adanne felt like giving her a dirty slap. What rubbish? "You must be mad!" She spoke out of rage.
  The other nurse who was watching the drama clapped her hands and added more salt, "Na your generation, your husband's people, your papa—all of una—DEY CRAZE!" she hammered on the last words, and Adanne made to pull her hair, getting stopped.
  "No, leave me! Leave me, let me show this woman actual madness!"
  Nurse Evelyn laughed. "Eweeeeeh!!!"
  Her colleague joined. "This woman na typical agbero sha," The two women burst out laughing.
  Adanne eyed them, turned to her husband, and said, "Honey, let's go,"
  Obiajulum not sure if he had heard right, asked her, "Go where?"
  "To another hospital," she replied. "We can't afford to waste much time. I have a bad feeling about this place."
  The nurses crinkled their noses at her statement.
  "Niye," said one.
  "Na confirm werey we dey deal with." said the other.
  Adanne having been filled, insisted on leaving immediately. "Honey, please let's just go. Let's go. I can't afford to lose my son." she corrected, "Our son."
  Nurse Evelyn called with her upper set of teeth showing, “Heyzzzz—"
Adanne shot her an angry stare, as she asked, "Una get card?"
Adanne ranted at her highest peak; "This is a case of emergency. Just what the hell is wrong with the nurses here? Are you guys not seeing my son is in critical condition?" she turned to her husband again, "Honey, please let's go. We're wasting time,"
  The rude nurses continued, "Aunty, card na wan thousand o. WAN THOUSAND!" they hammered. "Hope una get the money?"
  Obiajulum lost it at that instant. "Are you two insane?" He moved away from where they were and made to call, "Doctor!"
  The nurses told them, "Doctor no dey, abeg!"
Both Obiajulum and his wife shouted, "What?!"

***Naija, I hail oo grin grin
This is a typical Nigerian story. It happened for real. Make una just relax eh cool Hope the pidgin no dey too much sha? grin
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Casan0va:

First time? Lol. You don't remember?
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Casan0va:

You've read something of mine before. Stuck in Santa's world... I know you made a nice comment about it. You know, on my other acct [quote][/quote]
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Casan0va:

Oh, and for the price... you can dm me. I know I dropped my WhatsApp no somewhere grin.
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Casan0va: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jaylynn:

You've read something of mine before. Stuck in Santa's world... I know you made a nice comment about it. You know, on my other acct

I'm a writer myself and i know how challenging it can be to write, so i try my best to encourage whenver i can. You're amazing
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Casan0va: 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jaylynn:

First time? Lol. You don't remember?

No, I can't. It was definitely not this account.

Alright, let me hit your whatsapp
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by dontrulee: 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
Jaylynn:
  ELEVEN

Chiaobi had had a terrible fall and was rushed to the hospital, as he'd sustained an injury to his head when he had fallen on the glass table. His father regretted ever laying a hand on him. How was he to know that a simple discipline he wanted to instil, could wreak havoc.
  "Nurse! Nurse!"
  One of the nurses surfaced, uttering in a rude tone. "Madam, no dey shout nah. You no know you dey disturb patients?"
  Adanne ignored her, asking for her son to be taken in immediately as he had lost a lot of blood. "Nurse, please. P-please—my son—my child—Help!" Adanne was in a confused state, not knowing what else to say.
  Her husband was following behind, stuck with the pain, seeing his son in a critical condition. God, what is this? He sighed, blaming himself. What really came over me? He thought with no explanation given. He couldn't understand how he had gotten so mad, to the extent of wanting to whip him. He was carrying the boy all this while, not minding if his blood soaked every part of his body or even stained the floor.
  "Just see as una dey stain where person clean," The nurse who went by the name Evelyn, took notice of the blood that was dripping. "You no know say this hospital dey dey clean everyday?"
  Adanne felt like giving her a dirty slap. What rubbish? "You must be mad!" She spoke out of rage.
  The other nurse who was watching the drama clapped her hands and added more salt, "Na your generation, your husband's people, your papa—all of una—DEY CRAZE!" she hammered on the last words, and Adanne made to pull her hair, getting stopped.
  "No, leave me! Leave me, let me show this woman actual madness!"
  Nurse Evelyn laughed. "Eweeeeeh!!!"
  Her colleague joined. "This woman na typical agbero sha," The two women burst out laughing.
  Adanne eyed them, turned to her husband, and said, "Honey, let's go,"
  Obiajulum not sure if he had heard right, asked her, "Go where?"
  "To another hospital," she replied. "We can't afford to waste much time. I have a bad feeling about this place."
  The nurses crinkled their noses at her statement.
  "Niye," said one.
  "Na confirm werey we dey deal with." said the other.
  Adanne having been filled, insisted on leaving immediately. "Honey, please let's just go. Let's go. I can't afford to lose my son." she corrected, "Our son."
  Nurse Evelyn called with her upper set of teeth showing, “Heyzzzz—"
Adanne shot her an angry stare, as she asked, "Una get card?"
Adanne ranted at her highest peak; "This is a case of emergency. Just what the hell is wrong with the nurses here? Are you guys not seeing my son is in critical condition?" she turned to her husband again, "Honey, please let's go. We're wasting time,"
  The rude nurses continued, "Aunty, card na wan thousand o. WAN THOUSAND!" they hammered. "Hope una get the money?"
  Obiajulum lost it at that instant. "Are you two insane?" He moved away from where they were and made to call, "Doctor!"
  The nurses told them, "Doctor no dey, abeg!"
Both Obiajulum and his wife shouted, "What?!"

***Naija, I hail oo grin grin
This is a typical Nigerian story. It happened for real. Make una just relax eh cool Hope the pidgin no dey too much sha? grin

Hahahaha.... As a doctor, I can relate.
Lol
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by dontrulee: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
Jaylynn:
You guys take note...EKPE IS ALSO IN ISHEKPE, so you won't go wondering how the name came about wink
I'll like to read this story. How can I get it?

1 Like

Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2021
****CONTINUATION****

The blood was still dripping when a woman walked in and saw what was happening.
She shouted at the nurses and asked for the boy to be taken in, while she requested his parents stayed out.
The woman was an angel in human form. Turned out she was the wife of the person who owned the hospital, and a doctor herself.
“She’s really heaven sent,” Adanne breathed a sigh as she thanked the Lord.
“Can you imagine what would have happened if she hadn’t come?”
Adanne looked at him. “I don’t even want-” she stopped, turning fully to him. “Hon, what really came over you back there? I’ve never seen you so mad before.”
He remained quiet
“Are you not going to answer me? You almost killed our son. What were you thinking?” she scolded quietly, trying not to disturb. “For a moment there I thought our son was dead. Please don’t get angry like that again. Okay?”
Obiajulum’s mind was far from there.
The operation was successful and the couple couldn’t stop thanking the doctor and her team for a job well done.
“We can’t stop thanking you, doc. All of you. We’re really grateful.” The couple were assured their son was going to be fine.
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 07, 2021
***THE GIRL***

(Unedited)

Adanne was on her way to the mart the next day, when she saw a haggard-looking girl sitting by the roadside.
She asked, "Why are you here, dear girl? Isn't the sun too hot?"
The innocent-looking girl replied, having her lips pouted, "I have no home, aunty-no mother-no father." she said, almost wanting to cry. "And I'm hungry, too." Adanne pitied her, tears almost rolling down.
Leading her to the car, Adanne asked her to get in; driving swiftly to the fast food nearby, wasting no time getting something for her.
"Eat up. I will pay."
The girl looked at her, surprised, thanking her as she hurriedly stuffed her stomach, not minding if she was being watched.
Adanne let her into her home; told her husband about how she had met her; and even introduced her to the kids-
Olamma slept in Chimuanya's room. Each time the little girl was fast asleep she'd go into the empty bedroom next to theirs and lock herself up; no one knowing what she did-
"It's time you acted out, Nari. Time isn't on our side."
Nari acknowledged his presence."Papa," she bowed before him.
"Why haven't you carried out the task you were given? Do you not know that I am a man with no patience?"
Nari swallowed at his voice. "Papa, I am making them trust me first. I cannot strike without doing that."
"And the boy?" He asked.
"The boy, well, I am yet to have him drained."
Her father chuckled. "This trust you speak of, haven't they trusted you yet?"
"They have, papa."
He thundered, "Then start acting!"
Olamma trembled at his voice as he was no more. She walked back to her room, quietly, shut the door in a way no one would hear and made back to the bed. She noticed Chimuanya wasn't in the same position that she had left her-this she ignored-and went back to sleep.
The little girl had heard everything and was determined to tell her parents. She woke up and headed straight to their room, as she made to tell and began vomiting.
"Chimuanya!" Her mother jumped out of bed as her father followed.
"Chimuanya, ogini?"
Their child was vomiting blood.
Her mother held onto her, yelling her name, as the little girl gave up right there in her arms.
Chimuanya was gone and was never to be seen again. All the people who came to console them couldn't hold Adanne, as she grew sick in the process. The entire household was in mourning, apart from Olamma who was happy to see they were in pains.

"I killed her for a reason,"
"You did well, papa."
"Our plan was going to be ruined..."
"A wise choice, papa."
"Now you see why you need to act fast?"
"I do, papa."
"Now, go! May the elders be with you..."
Olamma was taken aback. “Thought the elders were dead?”
Her father's reply came shocking her— "They still live..."

Olamma went into the master bedroom where Obiajulum and his wife slept. The latter had gone to her mother's place. She and the kids were going to stay until she had fully recuperated.
Olamma asked her dad, as she called him, if he'd like something to eat.
"What's the time?"
Adanne answered.
"7:55?" He sprang up to his feet and took up his trouser to dress.
Olamma was pleased that he had missed going to church. This was her chance to strike, she thought sinisterly and showcased herself.
"What's that you're wearing?" Obiajulum took notice of the lingerie and shirt she had on, recognizing it to be his wife's. "Where did you get them?"
She turned around sexily and chuckled. "You like?"
Obiajulum looked with disgust, watching as she found her way to the bed, raising her right leg, so her frontal space showed.
"Will you stop that?!" he barked, not pleased. "Have you no shame?" Olamma licked her fingers and rubbed her lap in an enticing way. "I know you want me," she said seductively. "I know you want that hard dick of yours going in and out of my Kitty Sweet!" she moaned, feeling her juices pour as she shut her eyes and threw her head backwards, with lips partly closed. "Mmm-" she got back up and beckoned him to come, enchanting him with her eyes which glowed red. "Come on, daddy. I know you want me." she mewed enthusiastically, watching him come to her, as she had him in bed in no time.
Taking the lead, he was hers-Obiajulum was made bare at her mercy, as her slick tongue carved from hell savoured his sweaty skin. "You are mine and mine alone-" she chuckled, gumming herself on him.

Adanne came back few weeks later to find her husband and the girl she had let in—kissing
  "Babe!" she called with mouth agape, not believing her eyes.
  She hurried out with her kids, swiftly getting into the car, as she drove off.

****Some Weeks After****

"I can't believe your husband had the guts... the effrontery—the audacity....!"
  "Nnando, please let's not talk about him. I'm having headache as you can see," Adaeze drank from the bottle in her hand.
  "Whiskey?" Nnando shot her a sharp look. "I thought that isn't healthy for your baby."
Adanne burped, half-drunk, making to stand. "Why did you have to leave?" she talked to no one in particular, dropping to the floor as Nnando made to help her. "Chiaobi!" she called to Adanne's son. "Come and help me take your mother to the room."
  "Just leave me here. My late daughter's coming to take me—" she burped again, bursting into tears. "Why did you have to leave me, my baby? You didn't think mommy was going to cry?" she clearly didn't know what she was saying.
  Nnando was in pains seeing her friend like this. She wished there was something she could do, other than hug and tell her everything was going to be alright.
  "Oh, I want to die. I want to die. Die!!"
  Chiaobi countered, "No, mommy, you will not die. You will live to see your children's children."
  Nnando sealed with an "amen". "Amen!"
  "Just let me go. I don't want to live anymore." The alcohol was taking effect. The bottle she had drunk wasn't her first—and it certainly wasn't going to be the last.
  "You see why I told you not to drink too much? Now look!"
  Adanne started vomiting as they helped her up and dragged her to the bathroom.

Obiajulum waited for his wife but to no avail. The many times he called, her phone never rang. This made him really worried and made him involve the police.
  "Please, officer—please, help me find my wife and kids."
  "Na so so case dey be for this country. Everyday, find this... find that. Find Marian. Ah-ah! Una no dey rest?"
  "I tire o."

Obiajulum wasn't concerned about what they were saying. All he wanted was to have his wife and sons back again.

****Another Week****

"Babe, so what are you going to do about this baby?"
  "You mean my baby?" Adanne eyed her, looking down at her stomach as she gently rubbed it.
  She had great plans for her baby... and her sons. They were going to go back to America and forget all about Nigeria.
  "Are you not going to tell him?"
  "Tell who?"
  "Your husband, of course."
  Adanne retorted. "Never!" she relaxed again; "Besides, we're leaving very soon," she made known, "I'll make sure he never gets ahold of my sons—she smirked—and of course my baby—she ended with fingers clasped on her pronounced belly.

~~~•~~~

Obiajulum didn't need a seer telling him that his wife was gone. He searched but to no avail, had countless sleepless nights and ate very little. He would think about the moments they shared and remember their happy home. Oh, how those days they worried not about a thing—he sighed, remembering the devil that had come into their home. If only they had known a simple act of kindness would bring about something dreadful—he sighed again, making to turn, as an evil bird appeared.

1 Share

Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 07, 2021
...not typing from church cheesy cheesy Anyway, u guys enjoy. Happy Sunday wink
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 07, 2021
dontrulee:

I'll like to read this story. How can I get it?
You mean from Chapter 1-8? Well, I'd send them... you just need to contact me. My WhatsApp no's below smiley
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by dontrulee: 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
Jaylynn:

You mean from Chapter 1-8? Well, I'd send them... you just need to contact me. My WhatsApp no's below smiley

Thank you, I'll contact you
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
☆☆
Don’t read if you get so emotional. This story’s embarassed

WRETCHEDLY RICH
Jessica ✍️ Duru
***EVIL LURKS***NARI***
(still raw ✍️ Ignore mistakes ⛱)

I noticed a few mistakes in the previous chapter. This is the one reason I hate adding and subtracting. Mixed up the names a bit. In two places. If you’re reading word to word you’d see.

The bird transformed, and Olamma was seated on his bed.
“Jesus!” Obiajulum shouted, staring for a moment—before asking, “What do you want?”
The girl answered. “I am Nari.”
He asked, “Na what?”
The girl repeated, “Nari,”
Obiajulum gulped. “But you’re Olamma,”
The girl nodded.
“You told us your name was Olamma.”
Nari laughed. “I gave you that name so my true form wouldn’t be known. I am a princess—over a thousand years old—birthed from two worlds.” she brought her head down, and said, “I am half human—half mermaid—she looked up at him—I am next to her demoness, my mother.” she ended with a snarl, “I am… NARI!”
Obiajulum felt his blood boil. “Just what do you want from me?”
The girl chuckled.
“Haven’t you had enough?”
Nari cackled at his enraged voice. “You haven’t seen…”
She was dragged out and pushed to the floor, this making her growl and say, “You’ll pay for this, mark my words! I will not let you humiliate me—”
The room was quiet again as she disappeared.

Nari visited Nnando’s home that same day. She took possession of her body and led her to where Adanne was. Nnando made a hissing sound, walking into her room—Adanne was having a bad dream where she was being chased by an old woman with a knife. The old woman was getting closer, and she screamed, jerking up. “N-Nnando?” Her friend raced towards her, grabbing her by the neck. “Nn-Nna—Nnando—”
She gagged and struggled, staring death in the face, as she clawed at her friend’s hands.
Nnando strangled Adanne and made to the kitchen to grab a knife. She hurried upstairs where the kids were, grabbing the little one as she slit his throat while his brother watched.
Chiaobi was terrified seeing his baby brother lying lifeless. He made to run, but his mother’s friend got him too. Slitting his throat, he was gone in a flash. Nari having accomplished her mission… slit Nnando’s throat and had her joining them, while she appeared back at Obiajulum's house.
Obiajulum was devastated as she told him about his wife and kids. He cursed the day she ever came into their home, and was blinded instantly as she disappeared.

TO BE CONT’D
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2021
YOU CAN GET FULL STORY NOW kiss I'M JUST A DM AWAY wink
Re: WRETCHEDLY RICH"""JESSICA DURU [COMPLETED] by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Wretched>>>Miserable, unhappy, afflicted—distressed.

Obiajulum's life was meaningless—all the riches he had acquired over the years could do not a thing to help him regain his sight. He couldn't do anything but stay at home, where his parents took it upon themselves to take care of him.
Many times he was accused—of using his wife for ritual, and killing his sons, only for it to go bad—his late wife's mother adding to the pain, often times accusing him of killing her daughter and grandkids. "You must produce my daughter, you son of a devil!" She'd yell. "All this wouldn't have been if you hadn't slept with that harlot—"
Obiajulum would think of her words and weep, remembering his life before. "You have won," he thought of the pains he was made to bear. "You have really won—"
The chief priest and his cohorts beamed, seeing the wretched life they had brought...

✍️

Not every story has a happy ending...

~Wretchedly Rich

Jessica ✍️ Duru ❣[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Before Night Falls / My New Novel: 'The Path We Thread' / Oprah Winfrey Picks A Naija Priest Book For Her Book Club.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.