Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? (3648 Views)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / A Carryover Student Once Said? / TASUED Fresh Graduate Commits Suicide Over Possible Carryover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by ProfesawFred(m): 8:05am On Nov 04, 2021
Please nairalanders I want you guys to throw more light on this topic, you never can tell you may be helping someone. You can share your experience too.
Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by guru03(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2021
what is the credit load

1 Like

Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by Lawlab249: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2021
An A or B.

1 Like

Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by WibusJaga: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2021

If it is a low credit course, E is acceptable but if a major Credit Load course that will negatively impact your CGPA then...
If the E is because you didn't prepare well or you made a lot of avoidable mistakes, then you would prefer a carry-over. Else you may still fail the carryover.
Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by oloriooko(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2021
Neither angry
Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by Nicklaus619(m): 10:38am On Nov 04, 2021
My school doesn't have such grade E is either you pass excellently, A or you pass with a lesser score B, at least be on average, C after those three the next is D which the least you could pass with, after D the next result is F.
But getting a carryover in a course is better than the mediocre score E, carryover will give you another opportunity to read harder and who knows you might score A or B when u rewrite such course, which will positively impact your CGPA. But the result E will only make a negative impact on your GP, the only situation when you could manage such result in a course is when you are in your final year and you know that rewriting such exams means extra semester or extra year for you, then you just leave it like that.
Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by Tmex(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
Regardless of the course unit, it's best to have at least a C if you are doing it again. Because having a D at the 2nd attempt is equivalent to having a E at the first attempt.
Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by federal9: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
The question is, how would that make you a millionaire?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by Lamasta(m): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
My brother if You get A or B na bad thing If you know you cannot have both then alway strive to have C OK? Never settle for less....
Re: Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? by Lumenics: 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
I think if the student is in a strait, E would be a better option because F is also a grade.

E is 1pts*Course unit
F is 0pts*Course unit

Moreover even if you have an E (not an F) in a course, you can always re-register the course again if you think you can do better at a second attempt. It will only add to the TNU which will be divided by the total score(pts*Course unit) to give the GPA or CGPA as the case may be. Although I think this is subject to the school's discretion.
In my school, even if a student have a D, he can always re-register the course sometimes later if he thinks he can do better, it will only add to the academic load.

My point, of two evils choose the lesser.

(1) (Reply)

Delsu Abraka Preliminary Course. / Did You Attend An A.C.E School? / Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.