Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,295 members, 7,826,173 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? (650 Views)

I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. / Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by professore(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2021
At an interview venue, what goes through your mind when you see other interviwees (particularly those that are friendly and interact with you grin)?

Do you see them as "they that strive with thee? shocked

Or do you have the spirit of sportsmanship "it's a free world"? smiley

Let's play. Key into the fun. Over to you Nairalanders. grin
Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by XXXXTENTACION: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2021
I came for something and amma get it done.... undecided
Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by professore(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
I came for something and amma get it done.... undecided
Great. But I'm talking about you relating it to others.
Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by TheSimiloluwa(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2021
I just finished an interview then met with this... Well, I upgrade my confidence when ever I see my interviewers

Talking of other interviewees, me just see them as less potential beings and mind my business and purpose for me coming
Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by HRSweetness(f): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2021
TheSimiloluwa:
I just finished an interview then met with this... Well, I upgrade my confidence when ever I see my interviewers

Talking of other interviewees, me just see them as less potential beings and mind my business and purpose for me coming

You see them as less potential beings? That's condescending and proof of your poor interpersonal skills.

1 Like

Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by Klass99(f): 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by professore(m): 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2021
Klass99:

I like fun threads cheesy. So, here goes.......it's the spirit of sportsmanship and a free world for me.

When I attend interviews I have it at the back of my mind that, only one candidate will be the most favoured one, who lands the job. Which could be me or someone else.

If I am not going to land the job, I like to at least walk away from the experience with pleasant interactions and memories. So, when other candidates are chatty and friendly towards me, I respond with the same energy and those interactions can be fun while they last. You get to gist, especially if the wait is long and I end up exchanging numbers with some of them.

At some interviews I walked away without the job, but with new friendships instead. Nachamanda (not her real name, but she has a sweet sounding Nigerian name like that) is one of the candidates from a Foreign Consulate job, I am still pals with today. We've visited each other, we chat and maintain contact. Even though I didn't get the job, I'm glad she did, because she has such a good heart and soul.

Irene (not real name) is another candidate I clicked with at an interview and maintaned contact with. We were both offered the job (there were 4 openings for the role) but I turned it down, because income was taxable but there was no provision for pension & HMO. Irene on the other hand, accepted the job but didn't last 6 months there. The CEO was trying to get into her pants and there were bad practices around salary payment. I learnt all this when she passed a night at my place, in order to attend an event the next day.

I've never understood candidates with a chip on their shoulders, who act like they are better than everyone else and are extremely guarded for no reason, when asked harmless or friendly questions. It is not a war, neither are we fighting!

Like Cobhams Osuquo sang in that GTB 737 song - Life can be so simple, don't make it complicated.
kudos, I like your spirit. I am very friendly at interviews too. And I have always known there will always be better qualified people out there, but I try to be unique. Also, I am an ardent believer of the saying that, the water that I will drink will not pass me by. But on a play note (as opposed to a serious note grin) I feel like, all these guys should just go to different locations na grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by professore(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2021
TheSimiloluwa:

Island of knowledge things grin
Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by Klass99(f): 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
Re: What Goes On In Your Mind In This Situation? by professore(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2021
Klass99:

What do you mean by the bolded text?
I feel like others should choose other interviews so that I can balance well (this is nothing serious).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Vidiq Pro For Free 2022 / Dangote Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemical 2022/2023 Job Application Form&portal / P N G Interview!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.