Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA (38842 Views)

IGP Usman Baba At Ikoyi Collapsed Building Site / Ikoyi Collapsed Building: 15 Floors Was Approved But Owner Built 21 – Agency / Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by money121(m): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by bujebudanu1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Observed from the videos I have been seeing since 3 days now, with that excavator way, dem go dey dey tire , without rescuing anybody alive again

There should be like a crane to lift those decking
Dem for don lift all finish

I thought julius Berger and other road companies joined them, so none could come up with a better solution, smh

10 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Eriokanmi: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
When I say sanwoolu is a niose maker, all his urchins always rush at me. This is another proof. No strategies, no proactiveness and no brains. He should go and learn from the governor of florida how they managed to save such number of lives in a similar incident a few months ago...as they claim our lagos is a mega city and a replica of what we see abroad. Yęyę people.

Set awon ole, onijekuje. Round pegs in square holes everywhere in the ministries, including alausa

9 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by jarvis4: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
The value placed on human life is at its lowest now
Going on break!!!!!! they don't have enough man power or what
It would have been better for some workers to take over from the ones going on break
But who cares.... This is nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by jaxxy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
They are supposed to use cranes to lift the blocks off not scattering them on lower debris

10 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by UncleJudax(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
Someone said no value for lives, no sense of urgency. undecided

Welcome to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Okonjo123(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
embarassed shocked undecided
Peace081:
So sad
grin
Peace081:
So sad
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
silvoclaira:
I agree with the lady

Sadly, at this stage it is a recovery not a rescue effort. Anybody there for this length of time under the weight of concrete, in the heat and rain of the last few days is most certainly gone!! naturally family members will still hold out in hope.

7 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by SenecaTheYonger: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
I gotta agree with you for once. White men are simply better when it comes to achieving anything that requires brain power.

Iyaebe:
Nigeria is not it at all,Nigerian men are never good at handling things like this,they are only active in handling female organs,you will only see them come tops in topics like "countries with the greatest sex records" .May God help us.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Lewisdinho(m): 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Useless NATION
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
True talk. But they have voice detector and also pumping in water and oxygen. Good work to Lagos state government. My governor you are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by josite: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
This is a warning to all Nigerians this is the time for the revolution this Nigeria must be born again votes the tinubus atikus crowd again if u have not suffered enough .very wicked and foolish rescue efforts

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by iPresh4s(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
As if she would have done it any better!

These people aren't really trained for these situations

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by GauRanTor(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
post=107325709:

This is so true.
We were shocked to see the way they carried out some people out of the rumbles.
Like 2 people holding the hands and another 2 holding the legs!
And perhaps, the victim's bones/joints are already broken!!!

One day, we will get it right in this nation.

Get it right for which country?.no vess o you be MUMU undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by ajagidiagbo1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Everybody is an expert when it's government issue.

Lovenorth:
Look at this mother hen trying to teach them how to do their job, you that supposed to encourage them to do the job excellently so that your relative will come out safely, but because you are beclouded with perhaps hatred or I don't even know what to describe it, I really appreciate the prompt efforts of the Lagos state government and Federal government on this Ikoyi building collapse

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by SenecaTheYonger: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Blacks can't achieve shiit. Can you imagine the method they're using for rescue. Even our ape ancestors won't be that stupid. Bleep!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by IbileIfe: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hallmarks of corruption and incompetence.
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by osibenaezekiel: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
How can such rescue be done without cherrypicker and crane in sight. Well, what do I know?

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by RimiEmma(m): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
So unfortunate
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by SenecaTheYonger: 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
josite:
This is a warning to all Nigerians this is the time for the revolution this Nigeria must be born again votes the tinubus atikus crowd again if u have not suffered enough .very wicked and foolish rescue efforts

It doesn't matter who you vote, your collective IQ will never be above 60. So the chances of picking an actual smart person is probably close to 0.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by GemstoneJs(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
See Emergency workers went on break the first day instead of adding more hands, no Ambulance, Health workers no dey on standby. I sure say their prayers na make everybody die. Then go to afghaeastern and see government sharing malt and #400 to her citizen. Nigeria is a failed country and I even hear say northern presido don japa for climate meeting wey him go.. ask me if aboki know watin be climate change.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by KingsizeD(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
If na Sanwo Olu dey trapped under , there would have employed the best of the best and there would be no breaks.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by DropsMic(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
EXLOVER:
If it was the Western world, you will see ambulance coming through for this guy, even animals abroad are more important than humans in Nigeria
We are blacks...
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Olasty(f): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
Eriokanmi:
When I say sanwoolu is a niose maker, all his urchins always rush at me. This is another proof. No strategies, no proactiveness and no brains. He should go and learn from the governor of florida how they managed to save such number of lives in a similar incident a few months ago...as they claim our lagos is a mega city and a replica of what we see abroad. Yęyę people.

Set awon ole, onijekuje. Round pegs in square holes everywhere in the ministries, including alausa

Gbamsolutely eyan mi
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
NaijaNaWaa:
Everything in Nigeria is screwed. In this country, if you ever find yourself in a life threatening emergency, only God can save you. It doesn't even matter if you're rich or poor.

Thats the thing about Nigeria. The rich can only run so far, Nigeria will still catch up with you. Think about the rich who died during covid lockdown (not of covid) because they couldnt travel abroad for their usual medical attention or lack of oxygen at high end Nigerian hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Sleekfingers: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Afrogist247:
A Distraught lady who is one of the families of those trapped inside the debris of the Collapsesd Ikoyi Lagos Building had charged the NEMA Authorities and all the Rescuing Team to do it better and in a safer way, to save any life who may still be living in there, not harming them while at it..

The lady complained that, even though she ain't an expert on this, but she knows that the style with with the team is packing the wreckages with their machines can even harm or kill anyone still crying in there for his or her life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuIsvJdJqT8

We hope there is a better way to do this, especially if we look at how other countries have handled similar cases in this past. Honestly this is dragging for days and seem too long.

Source Instablog
https://www.instagram.com/p/CV2fl0-r4Ls/?utm_medium=copy_link

Useless country.... nothing wey dem sabi do.....I spit......
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by sekundosekundo: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
post=107325709:

This is so true.
We were shocked to see the way they carried out some people out of the rumbles.
Like 2 people holding the hands and another 2 holding the legs!
And perhaps, the victim's bones/joints are already broken!!!

One day, we will get it right in this nation.

Your country is programmed to fail.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by MrJames007: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
EXLOVER:
If it was the Western world, you will see ambulance coming through for this guy, even animals abroad are more important than humans in Nigeria
That must be a very sharp nigga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Missyajoke(f): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
cry cry cry
Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by lexy2014: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
Lovenorth:
Look at this mother hen trying to teach them how to do their job, you that supposed to encourage them to do the job excellently so that your relative will come out safely, but because you are beclouded with perhaps hatred or I don't even know what to describe it, I really appreciate the prompt efforts of the Lagos state government and Federal government on this Ikoyi building collapse

Can u pls identify the hatred u are referring to and explain what it has got to do with d situation?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by ivolt: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
Chummynoni:
I gave up on this country when I heard that these emergency workers went on break on the first day of the incident. Wtf goes on break when people are dying under the rubbles?.
How many times will you give up on the country?
This line is getting stale.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapsed Building: Style Of Rescuing Can Even Kill, Lady Yells At NEMA by Mcval(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Very useless country with useless ways of doing things. These NEMA guys are obviously not trained for this. The woman is absolutely right. The method used is absolutely wrong and obviously not yielding results. This is not how it is done in other parts of the world. They even have to go on breaks in a crisis situation like this! Who does that in other parts of the world? Anyway, this is Nigeria! A Shithole country where civil servants think they are just there to collect salaries and bribes. If the first responders that were not NEMA officials were able to rescue 2 people alive before NEMA arrived, I wonder why a whole NEMA have been able to rescue only 7 people alive since Monday. No wonder Nigerians always chase the fire service away when there is a fire outbreak. They even arrive without water in their tanks at most times. Shithole country!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years / Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.