Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,654 members, 7,862,006 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. (263 Views)

How Wigwe Saved Me During My Dethronement As Kano’s Emir – Tearful Sanusi / Ataoja of Osogbo: Adeleke’s Emergence Saved Me From Palace Eviction – Oba Jimoh / Kaduna Train Attack: How Corpses Of Co-passengers Saved Me – Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. by jumper524(m): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
First of all let me show some level of appreciation to our human rights organizations and to the disciplinary comitee of the military.

Today's actions show they are really doing well for the common man.

Well the story started when a military man went to a barbing saloon in my area to cut his hair, the children in the baring saloon were playing before the military man decided to punish them. As children that they were, they quickly apologized in fear and was begging, this soldier guy on the other hand was creating a scene and the community were becoming more alert towards the inhumane punishment melted on those children.
My immediate younger brother who's also a soldier and a member of the community went there to try to console the whole situation.
He begged this particular soldier to please pardon those children which he bluntly refused and even insisted that my kid bro was an impostor.
He held him tightly and harrased him telling him to show his ID card, I was called and I went there begging the soldier to please leave him that he's also a soldier. He refused bluntly and continued the harrasment.
I asked my brother of his ID card and went to bring it for the soldier which the soldier still bluntly refused and continued the harrasment, well things died down when he realized he was causing a huge scene and saw people bringing out their phones to video the incident.

The soldier later went to his duty post and reported and was taking advantage of the inflammatory comments myself and my bro made.
The guard commander sent for us both and told me to stay away that it's a military issue that they'll resolve it themselves.
They started bringing out my kid bros fault that he shouldn't move without his ID card despite knowing that the incident happened in his own backyard.
Well I was called and they told me next time I should talk to my kid bro, the guard commander dismissed the case from his own part and settled while this soldier who caused the whole thing was insisting that my kid bro go back to the crime scene and apologized in public.
I was angry but then a soldier called me aside and said that I should not worry that my brother should come back later and apologize for holding a soldier on uniform despite knowing he's also a soldier. I agreed and went home, later this particular soldier kept insisting that he must make public apology thats when I lost my cool.
I started counting his own crime to him on why he was harrasing civilians including harrasing elderly people who came to beg on those kids behalf. I told him I was going to meet human right organizations and write the said story on social media.
Well fear gripped some of the soldiers which was evident in their face with some trying to pull out of the whole situation as though they weren't the ones treatining me with several charges before.
The guard commander later instructed me to go that they'll settle the issue and withing few minutes my brother was released and the case died a natural death.
I want to thank our media house and human rights.
What happened today shows that their reputation alone is helping the common man as my kid bro who's not too conversant with military rule as he's an ex-Boi and still on study leave was afraid of the charges they'll met on him for challenging his senior in the army despite little fault from his side could comfirm to me the effect of human rights and their positives..

1 Like

Re: How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. by 2special(m): 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
Well done....done well
Re: How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. by daddytime(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Wonderful.

Some of them khaki boys are the real terrors.
Re: How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. by Joeblazeochola(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
d story de somehow
Re: How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. by Davash222(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Don't know why the Soldiers didn't detain you and your brother till next year.

I thought you said Buhari has revitalise and reorient Nigeria Army?

E go reach everyone.

2 Likes

Re: How Human Rights And Social Media Knowledge Saved Me Today Unknowingly. by jumper524(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
Joeblazeochola:
d story de somehow
In summary
soldier harras children, my younger bro when be young soldier come to settle base on escrip d core.
The soldier harras am call am impersonator. I bring the ID card on my brothers behalf e no still gree until we use force. ( we no beat am or attempt to, we only forcefully unlock my bro from his grip)
He begin take advantage of those force claiming my brother dey hold am despite being superior.
He report to him commander, commander side with am small settle the matter and we apologize. but the soldier no gree say my brother must make public apology.
Me sef con vex say why dem no dey talk the implication of him own offense? The soldier begin dey brag na there I tell am say I go carry the matter up report to human right and write the story for media.
Nobody tell am to calm down as him ogas when be dey back am small based on college begin back out.
The way them fear media and human right today shows alot.

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Attend Nigeria Diaspora Investment Summit Nov 16 / Gumi Cries & Confesses His Greatest Fear Which Keeps Him Awake / ‘’ Primate Ayodele Never Said Ifeanyi Ubah Will Win Anambra Election’’ – Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.