Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust (22347 Views)

10 Dead As Herdsmen Attack Enugu Communities, Hundreds Flee (Graphic) / Boko Haram Invades Damboa Borno, Many Feared Dead, Hundreds Flee To Sambisa / Civilians Flee Homes As Troops Battle Insurgents In Marte, Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Leybari: 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hundreds of civilians fled their homes when suspected fighters of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) attacked Damboa town in the southern part of Borno last night, sources said.

It was learnt that the ISWAP fighters rode on utility vehicles to storm the town at about 5:30pm, raining bullets on-air as civilians ran into bushes.

An aid worker who did not want his name in the print disclosed that they heard heavy gunshots and there was confusion everywhere because it was already getting dark when the insurgents penetrated the town.

“Hundreds of people are in the bushes as we speak now, the heavy gunshots were scary and there was a state of confusion in the town as women and children were crying.

“They entered into the town but some policemen said they voluntary left after about an hour of gunfire.

A security source who spoke to our correspondent said the attackers who came with several Anti-Aircraft guns (AA) attacked the Mobile Police Base and overpowered the riots police before moving into the town.

“They came with several AA guns mounted on utility vehicles, shooting heavily and attacked the Mopol base but unfortunately they overpowered the police before entering into the town.

This came less than 24 hours after the group also attacked Kwada village in Chibok where four soldiers were severely wounded and one armoured personnel carrier (APC) was burnt down with a gun truck equally stolen from troops.

Our correspondent could not ascertain the level of destruction and casualty figure on both sides as of the time of filing this report.
https://dailytrust.com/hundreds-flee-homes-as-iswap-attacks-borno-town-again

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by WibusJaga: 3:15pm On Nov 04, 2021

&the retired General promised to crush these people with his experience. What gross lies & deceit.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by PrinceOfLagos: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
All the soldiers are in the east

Anybody wey Fulani terrorist bullets touch in this attacks , na sorry be him name . grin

All Those celebrating the heavy military presence in Anambra should protect themselves as all the military are outside, the south east .

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Leverage2021: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
Army don relocate to east na grin

Na for east we dey hear "troops" now

Boko Haram pls kill all the abokis and leave the christians

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Tranquillity360: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Abeg Suspend this report.We are still on Anambra and Igbo matter.

19 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Leverage2021: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
one armoured personnel carrier (APC) was burnt down with a gun truck equally stolen from troops.

See where pantami dey carry una budget and weapons go

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by after4: 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
While they shoot at unarmed civilians, boko boys are killing and raping their sisters and mother. One thing the Nigerian army do not know is that you can't fight on two fronts and expect to win. While I do not see then winning an ideological war in the east, they will still loose the war at their home. A looser is always a looser

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Once you leave the north and come to south east to kill my people....you will have no home to even go back to because those terrorist must have taken over. MNK 2021

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Ogamysamo: 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
Army don relocate to east na grin

Na for east we dey here "troops" now

Boko Haram pls kill all the abokis and leave the christians
Love Your Enemies, For What Difference Will You Make If You Only Love Those Who Love You? This Is One Of Jesus' While On Earth. Show Them Love, Let The Love Of Christ Prevail

6 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Leverage2021: 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ogamysamo:

Love Your Enemies, For What Difference Will You Make If You Only Love Those Who Love You? This Is One Of Jesus' While On Earth. Show Them Love, Let The Love Of Christ Prevail
its my love for them that made me invite Allah apostles (Iswap) to make the 72 vaginas of Allah come faster

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Ogamysamo: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
its my love for them that made me invite Allah apostles (Iswap) to make the 72 vaginas of Allah come faster
Pay Not Evil With Evil. Love Them That Persecute You.

They Seek Your Life Doesn't Mean You Should Pray For Death On Them.

Bless And Curse Not

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Leverage2021: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ogamysamo:
Pay Not Evil With Evil. Love Them That Persecute You.

They Seek Your Life Doesn't Mean You Should Pray For Death On Them.

Bless And Curse Not
I hate political correctness

Muslims prefer to die than live, I don't know how e take concern you

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by youngeagle(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Can Nigeria Army win any war except burning houses

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by abouzaid: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
While all the troops are in the east, the country burns.

4 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
Is it not obvious that the same army is using unarmed civilians shine to shine down here in South East.

On Monday, i counted more than 30 trucks of army in Nkpor, Anambra state and I started wondering when our very own Anambra state became Borno state?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by nairavsdollars(f): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
Nigerian Army fighting too many battles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Ogamysamo: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
I hate political correctness

Muslims prefer to die than live, I don't know how e take concern you

take this off politics.

heaven rejoice over a sinner who repent as seen in the story of the prodigal son and that of lost coin. we should rather pray for their repentance than death
Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by AntiBMC(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Yet the mannequin is enjoying an expense-paid trip all over the world and even now, in London, enjoying the benefits of westernization and the feel of white people's hands on his body.

Terrorists are overpowering soldiers, yet the army chief can afford to send thousands of soldiers to Anambra for election. The commissioner of police can afford to send thousands of policemen to Anambra for election. They are all acting as if nothing serious is happening and overlooking the terrorism that is ripping the North apart.

Something is terribly wrong somewhere.

22 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by dynicks(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
With all these chaos going on here and there, imagine if MILITANCY springs up again....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Racoon(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
I guess karma is doing them a strong thing now after all the evil the military is perpetuating in the east.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by nairalandankrah: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
Am surprised this hasn't made front page up till now! Notherners lives no longer matter to Nairaland mods

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Polynek(m): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
I really want to go to North and see how life is over there

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Rahkman: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
grin
Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
All these just to justify the need to increase the budget of the military
I can't fault people who say both the Army and boko Haram/Iswap have the same commander-in-chief.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Americafighter: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
Fake news .. I'm serving in damboa... They only came after repeneted bh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by wwwtortoise(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2021

Insecurity to one is insecurity to all.

My people do say -
Pikin wey say em mama no go sleep go ready to do night vigil

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by KingsleyCEO: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
In no distant time, these guys will be in charge grin grin.

Taliban things loading 20% grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Risingblue008(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
Our leaders r like vampires
They can't do anything without human blood
The more they kill the more they feel like they feel stronger
Biafra will come and believe me,,
We all need to arm ourselves first
Army no reach,we can over-ride them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by ATEAMS: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust by Kokaine(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hmm.. And I get installation for borno oh. Maybe I should just sublet the contract. If you be solar installer for borno pm me abeg. I no fit shout

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OSOPADEC Commissioner, Kehinde Akinrotoye, Beaten By Hoodlums In Ondo / Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Audu Ogbeh, Emefiele Inspect Rice Farms In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.