Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence (24433 Views)

Export Of Yam Tubers Carries Life Sentence In Nigeria / El Chapo Final Journey To Colorado Prison Where He'll Serve Life Sentence(Pics) / Little Girl Punished With Hot Iron And Razor For ‘Licking Tea’ In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by rojari: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
5. Unlawful banning by Nairaland mods
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Originakalokalo(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
A sinner is sentenced to life in darkness everyday.

Turn to Jesus and be free from the power of darkness.

Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by ThuGGeR147: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hehehe, E Sweet My Belle!...
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

As far as keyboarding is not among
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Toluwanise247(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Let me read comment....
Tokwears is here for you.
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by delightglobal(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
okay
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by felixzo1(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kingcalls:
Ur rape story is false...so a person will be sentenced to life if he deceives a lady into having sex with him
forcfully having sex is rape. Tricking a lady to have sex is not rape . She consented, her falling for lies is her foolishness .she can not latter accuse you of rape if she discovered you trick her to sex ( which she willing agreed)
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Harddiskng(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Can the Nigerian prison system afford the cost of life imprisonment?
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Awoleesu(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Oluwaseyi00:
What's the sentence for corruption and bad governance again? sad
A second term in office and/or an elevation to the next political status... Whichever comes first! cool
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Polynek(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Dix ones no concern me
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by victorazy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
Oluwaseyi00:
What's the sentence for corruption and bad governance again? sad

grin grin grin
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Akpuobi1: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
MY ONLY PROBLEM IN YOUR FIRST POINT IS THAT YOU'VE MADE MAJORITY BELIEVE ONLY WOMEN ARE VICTIMS OF RAPE.

TRY TO BE NEUTRAL IN YOUR NARRATIONS AND REALIZE LIFE ISN'T FAIR TO ANY GENDER IF YOU MUST WRITE
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by bizhop01: 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rape refers to the act of having unlawful sexual intercourse with a WOMAN
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
For money laundering, Fulani herdsman , Boko Haram nko
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by KingsleyIsrael: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
Matters choke

Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Kingcalls: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
forcfully having sex is rape. Tricking a lady to have sex is not rape . She consented, her falling for lies is her foolishness .she can not latter accuse you of rape if she discovered you trick her to sex ( which she willing agreed)

Exactly
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Babaken(m): 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
What of CORRUPTION.
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by nedekid: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
Playing draft nko grin
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by ojinku(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
They said LIFE SENTENCE and not DEATH SENTENCE

As far as keyboarding, bombing and loading is not among
A big shout out to all me fellow bombers, keyboard warriors and loaders [/quote]
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by ojinku(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
They said LIFE SENTENCE and not DEATH SENTENCE
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

A big shout out to all me fellow bombers, keyboard warriors and loaders
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by kereman1: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

A big shout out to all me fellow bombers, keyboard warriors and loaders

Broke nigger claiming fruadstar...
Get a job dude so u will have some money for tfare instead of trekking...

1 Like

Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by dapolaw(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
No 1, is false...

What do you mean unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman, are men not protected under the same law too?
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by SUGARCyprian247: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I be customer for police station, I dey sell marijuana. kuje prison 2 years sentence and others, I am not giving up. Money must be made.

I was at one police station at okene, no toilet inside, they just drop one big drum for us. Sometimes the drum will overflow inside the cell, see you see shit.

If you like bathe 200 times, nothing changes, some people with various degree of injuries and gunshots. Exposed would in that kind of overcrowded environment was suicide. I saw hell in that prison or cell. ..

My point is that, hygiene should be maintained in most prison in Nigeria, Hitler's death camp is better than some of our prison.

Wish my baby hbd.

Wahala
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Kyf1: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by MrMacinterchi1: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kenneth10110:

Rape: what if a man gets raped by a woman wont she face the life sentence am not understanding what you wrote up there "Rape refers to the act of having unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent, or with her consent". Please what of men or paternity fraud ?.
according to the law, a man cannot be raped. Till upon review, that's how the law will be read and implemented.

1 Like

Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by Fantazy(m): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Businesslist:
When a person commits an offence, it is definite for him or her to be punished. The punishment for a crime however depends on the type of offence in question, as well as the provision of the law prescribing punishment for an individual.

Offences in Nigeria can be categorised into misdemeanour, felony and simple offences. Any offence that is considered to be serious and has an imprisonment term of 3 years or more is considered to be a felony. When a person is sentenced to life imprisonment for an offence, such offence is categorised as a felony.

Some offences with life imprisonment prescribed as its punishment include:

1. Rape:

Rape refers to the act of having unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent, or with her consent if it was obtained by fraud or misrepresentation as to the nature of the act. Section 358 of the Criminal Code Act provides that any person who commits the offence of rape is liable to an imprisonment for life, with or without caning.

2. Murder by a pregnant woman:

Generally, the law provides that any person who commits murder is to be sentenced to death. However, Section 221 of the Child Rights Act provides that an alternative of a life imprisonment sentence should be meted out to her, in order to preserve the life of the unborn child.

3. Manslaughter:

Manslaughter involves the killing of another person in circumstances except the ones contained in Section 316 of the Criminal Code Act. The punishment for this offence is prescribed in Section 325 of the Criminal Code to be imprisonment for life.

4. Kidnapping:

As the offence of kidnapping has become very rampant in Nigeria today, the senate decided to pass a bill into law increasing the imprisonment term for kidnappers. In a recent decision of the Federal high court in Sokoto, 4 kidnappers were sentenced to death for kidnapping a business tycoon Late Abubakar Dankure in 2013.

Source: https://123.com.ng/life-imprisonment-4-offences-punished-with-a-life-sentence/

Which one is "Murder by a pregnant woman"?
So if it's not by a pregnant woman, it is not life imprisonment
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by labelle123(f): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: Life Imprisonment: 4 Offences Punished With A Life Sentence by xmanco42: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
Hey yo wat bout a suicide bomber

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies After Swallowing Drugs During Arrest In South Africa / Car Wash Operator Absconds With Customer’s Vehicle In Ogun State / Ibrahim Abubakar Of NFF Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.