Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Pasuma Reveals His Secret Of Staying On Top Of Fuji Music After over 30 Years - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pasuma Reveals His Secret Of Staying On Top Of Fuji Music After over 30 Years (227 Views)

Sad News: Sola Onayiga Of Fuji House And Ada Ameh Of The Johnsons Gone... / Ore - Ofe Williams Reveals His Quarrel With Mike Bamiloye, Other So-called Drama / #bbnaija: Miracle Reveals His Plans For Nina After The Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pasuma Reveals His Secret Of Staying On Top Of Fuji Music After over 30 Years by bestofnollywood: 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
The music industry is bolstered by coming-of-age fans who are always on the hunt for fresh, relatable tunes, and one artiste that understands this and has stayed atop charts for decades is Fuji Sensation Alhaji Wasiu Alabi Odetola, known for his sobriquet, Pasuma Wonder, Seunmanuel Faleye writes for Apples Bite Magazine.

Pasuma Wonder’s career has spanned 37 meritorious years as a performing artiste, and 28 as a recording artiste.

Since 1993 when he recorded his first album titled, Recognition, to his 1995 commercially acclaimed Orobokibo, and his most recent MMM (Money Making Machine), Pasuma has to his credit 45 released albums.

Pasuma, who recently returned from a US tour, opened up on how he has managed to stay relevant through the years.

“I try to maintain my style of music. We have several fuji musicians, but we all have our divers’ styles, even though we all do Fuji music. Kwam1’s style of fuji is classical, it is different from Oberese’s style. As for me, I try to infuse hip-hop into my fuji. Way back in 1995, Remedies had featured me on a track in his hip-hip album, that made me the first fuji artiste that got featured on a hip-hop album in Nigeria. Hip-hop is the reigning genre; we cannot deny that. It is the sound of the millennials. I understand that. So, one way for me to keep expanding my fanbase is to keep working with hip-hop artistes and also infuse the hip-hop sound into my style of fuji; that way, I keep my die-hard old fans, and also gain new ones among the millennials.”

Pasuma expressed worry as a frontliner in fuji, about lack of revelation in that genre of music, which threatens the future of fuji music. He hinted that about his plans to collaborate with new crops of fuji talents to help beam a spotlight on them, a strategy he is optimistic will help preserve fuji music.

“I am truly worried about the future of fuji music. Most of the younger artistes coming up now are inclined towards hip-hop. Hip-hop is easier for them. Fuji music requires performers to stand on stage for up to five hours entertaining fans, and that is not the same with hip-hop. An average straight performance on stage for a hip-hop artiste is one hour thirty minutes,” the acclaimed Oganla narrates....

Read More.....

Credit:

https://applesbite.com/pasuma-wonder-the-man-his-staying-power-and-plans-to-save-fuji-music-from-going-extinct/

1 Like

Re: Pasuma Reveals His Secret Of Staying On Top Of Fuji Music After over 30 Years by LifeOfTrigga(m): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ba Wazi
Re: Pasuma Reveals His Secret Of Staying On Top Of Fuji Music After over 30 Years by dawnomike(m): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Looking younger than his age at all times...
Re: Pasuma Reveals His Secret Of Staying On Top Of Fuji Music After over 30 Years by money121(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Oluwanishola

(1) (Reply)

Watch Night Of Tributes For Late Pastor Nomthi Odukoya / Vlogmas 1 | A Lit Yoruba Wedding + Huda Beauty Unboxing + New Hair + Bridesmaids / A Legendary Hausa Animated Movie - See Preview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.