Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers (430 Views)

Police Officer Killed As Commercial Cyclists Attack Taskforce In Lagos(video) / Policeman Killed As Commercial Cyclists Attack Taskforce In Lagos State. / Traders Attack FCDA Official In Abuja Court, Break His Head (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:56am On Nov 05, 2021
Some officials of Rivers State Taskforce on street trading and illegal motor parks are now lying critically in a private clinic in Port Harcourt following a clash with some traders in Oginigba community in Obio Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

The taskforce members including a police officer attached to the team sustained various degrees of injuries during the clash.

They claimed that the attack was carried out by members of the “northern community” doing business in the area.

Some of the officials who spoke from the hospital bed said they had gone to enforce the ban on street trading when they were attacked by the traders who pelted stones, bottles and other weapons on them.

“As we got to the place we were trying to tell them to leave the area. When the men went after them, these Hausa people started stoning us with heavy stones and starting to wound us with cutlass and I cannot fire anyone”.

“When I tried to escape , one stoned me on my head . We now left the environment entirely. They were even shooting”, one of the victims said.

Also speaking, the Coordinator of the Taskforce, Felix Nwadibeyi, a retired superintendent of police who led the team of the taskforce on the operation said, “I led my men to Transamadi, the Hausa community on sighting us started reigning stones on us and as a result, my boys tried to resist because we have some policemen who even fired in the air to scare them but before we know it they ran to the mosque came out with rifles and that scared our boys”.

The Rivers State Police Command is yet to react to the incident.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/04/many-injured-as-illegal-traders-attack-taskforce-in-rivers/

Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by Americafighter: 1:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Ftc
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by Staypositive: 1:49am On Nov 05, 2021
Ma gee
It is well....

Na Buhari cause am.....
Nothing is Imposible in Buhari regime...
The rate of mad people in this Buhari regime is alarming....

Op I no need to read your post.... Bad news, fights, killings, insecurity and mad people are normal things in this country...

After blowing my gbola I come dey reason what if Buhari sell this country and share the money among the masses... Each person N10m at least I go use my own share invest in my gbola businesses...

Ahhh wisdom will not kill me....
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by xtgozie(m): 2:30am On Nov 05, 2021
Both sides are confirmed mad people
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by Lapinski: 3:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Very mad people
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by Shedrack777: 3:48am On Nov 05, 2021
give them one bottle each of codeine
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by 3gpvids: 4:51am On Nov 05, 2021
The shooting yesterday no be here o
-but if truly say the hausa boys as alleged brought out guns from anywhere, then nsobu ga di
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by bcomputer101: 4:59am On Nov 05, 2021
Rivers state government needs to wake up ooo. Imaging Hausa hawkers attacking our task force yesterday. The shooting was just too much.
Only God knows where those descendants of Dan-Folio and almajiri got those guns
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by Karlovych: 5:10am On Nov 05, 2021
embarassed Tinubu should call his owomida criminals to order before they will be deported back to their region.
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by Boogyman557: 5:13am On Nov 05, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool CUNTREE DON CAST BIG TIME. MAKE SURE SEY U CARRY UR OWN KALA OO. WTF MAN
Re: Many Injured As Illegal Traders Attack Taskforce In Rivers by RosyIsBlessed: 6:57am On Nov 05, 2021
bcomputer101:
Rivers state government needs to wake up ooo. Imaging Hausa hawkers attacking our task force yesterday. The shooting was just too much.
Only God knows where those descendants of Dan-Folio and almajiri got those guns

Is it not obvious where they get the guns?

(1) (Reply)

Woman Stole From Husband And Gave Boyfriend / Update: Real Reason I Betrayed My Best Friend- Twitter Morality Lawyer / Harrison Gwamnishu Cries As He Celebrates 5th Anniversary Of Being Acquitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.