Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President (33836 Views)

Cameroon Re-Elects 89-Year-Old Marcel Niat Njifenji, As Senate President / Putin Grants Russian Citizenship To US Whistleblower Edward Snowden / African Group Drums Support For Phil Murphy's Re-election As New Jersey Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by BluntCrazeMan: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mayflowa:
A Truck Driver Beats New Jersey Senate President After Spending $153 On Campaign

This is an extraordinary story of how a truck driver that knew nothing about politicking set out to defeat a seating senate president in New Jersey with a paltry $153 campaign fund! This a lesson that money does not win election but vision does.

Source: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/after-spending-just-153-on-campaign-truck-driver-beats-nj-senate-president/3378682/
One day,, Nigerian Politics would be this cheap and sincere and trustworthy...
Someone was asking me one day how much I am going to spend..
Habbaaaa...
I am waiting for the new era.
It has come already.
That would be the only time I can come out openly to do my own politics.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by BluntCrazeMan: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Moral of the story.
To beat APC or PDP, you must be a truck driver.
I was expecting something like this..
I was not disappointed
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Ceazario: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
Damn
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by EXLOVER(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
doggedfighter:

Who's the one kneeling down for Ibori? grin
James Manager

1 Like

Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by seyz91(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy nigeria na country? cheesy
doggedfighter:
"Money does not win election but vision does"

Not in Nigeria !

His constituency will disown him first reason is he doesn't have money to share.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by seyz91(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
i tell you
Iliveforever:
Surely not Nigerian politics..
In this part of the world, a senator will start from the very first day he/she resumes office to save money for the next election in 4years time.

Nigeria is just pitiable
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by juniorstar(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
Strong institutions can make it happen in UAR
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by seyz91(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
word!
ogmask:
We will get there but not anytime soon.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by seyz91(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy
Perfectbeing:
Moral of the story.
To beat APC or PDP, you must be a truck driver.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by bewla(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lawlab249:
Wow
we need the repeat here in Nigeria
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by bluefilm: 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
This is what over confidence can cause.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by udomma1005(m): 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
sunexameh:
I wish these can be replicated in my dear Nigeria
Nope, not in this life!
We do rather prefer 3 cups of "campaign garri" & #1500 to vote in brain-dead grandpas as is on stage now angry
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by rickydechamp: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
It can never happen in my country, if those men them will not kill & bury u before 6 months to election day.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Mayflowa(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
wrong assertion.

Money does win election, especially in the US. This guy is one out of a million.
In the US, money goes a long way. In fact they will tell you that your ability to raise money means acceptance hence a vindication that you deserve re-election. This is why a vast majority of those in Congress have been there for decades simply because they are able to raise more money than their challengers.
Money factor is also why so many have been crying out loud for Campaign finance reforms for decades as far I can remember but those in the seat of power are not bulging because they have the upper hand already to raise more money than their challengers.

Pls stop taking one of a kind story and trying to make it sounds like money is not important in US. It's very very important.
You are just confusing the youths on this forum who already have a false sense of what the US is really all about.

You are right about money in US politics. I am more concerned about how the money is raised. If a single or group of greedy individuals bankroll your election, you will only kowtow to them and pillage your treasury to satisfy their greed. In the US, campaign funds are gotten from the masses and even the senators talk about the average campaign donation per person, which is usually very low. That is how to raise money for campaigns. People like AOC and Bush in the US house of Representatives had nothing and rose to enviable political seats. So, it is not just one-of-a-kind.

However, the US is learning that just anyone with good aspirations can become who they want to be! Have you heard of tipping point? We are at the precipice of human revolution, and the tipping point is here in America and Nigeria.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by uunwanaobong3: 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
2022 mid term election and 2024 election WILL BE A CLEAN SWEEP FOR REPUBLICAN PARTY IN USA "IF DEMOCRAT DON'T RIG THOSE ELECTIONS".
DEMOCRAT PARTY IS PUSHING THEMSELFS FAR AWAY FROM THE PEOPLE from becoming an anti-parent party, to high tax, forceful mandatory covid vaccination or else u lose your job, to critical race theory and everything is about racism, to defund the police and a rise in crimes at all democrat run state, to forceful abortion and LGBT++ law, to bad economy, open boarder to illegal allien, to high rate of unemployment, to calling hardworking americans "domestic terriorist and pushing american last agenda, to cancel culture and embracing wokism.. Their evil lists are on and on..... Infact biden is quickly becoming the most unpopular president in the history of american, even more unpopular that president carter.
All what republican party need to do is to get close to american people and then fight to monitor the election result because democrat will try to rig it, just as they did to trump
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Testimony1988(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Wow, I called it divine favour.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by UncleJudax(m): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Money does win vote. This is an anomaly and that's why it is in the news.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by philus66(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
But in Nigéria because of poverty, Maduka will build schools, hospitals, churches, buy transformers

Sanwo Olu will spend millions just to go to UK every morning to dorbale for Tinubu and make breakfast for him

Okowa will travel to London prison 2 times a week just to serve Ibori starch and Owo soup or banga soup.

Nothing like the people's choice in Nigéria election.
You are funny I swear grin
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mayflowa:

Yes it can. Election is a game of number. We don't need excess money from Godfathers to win an election. I cannot imagine why we will allow our country to be managed by illiterates and nincompoop in the days of digital world. Banning of twitter is a prime example of how they want to hold us back.

If the youth can start an a telegram group and select who should hold office, we will not only outnumber old men like the Liar Mohammed, we will retire them to where they belong. We need a mobilizer!

@Lalasticlala
I wish you could take this to front page so the youths can discuss this. Nigeria needs a breakout of good leadership!
IF ONLY.....

Eyes can SEE
EARS CAN HEAR......
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
APCNig:
The same way the evil wealthy and looting political class of Nigeria will be humiliated by the poor masses in a very short time from now.
it can only be achievable IF......
Because the Nigerians I see today
JUST WATCH THE ANAMBRA GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION AND see why Nigerians are still backward.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Some of us were expecting to see the black-and-blue thing but then.....

Let's console ourselves with the fact that one day something of this nature will come to play in Africa notably Nigeria.

And again, money should easily have guaranteed a landslide victory but then it must be well spent and not just thrown around expecting miracles.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Saintmary(f): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
Some truck drivers are smarter than professors and elites
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by nitt: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mayflowa:

Yes it can. Election is a game of number. We don't need excess money from Godfathers to win an election. I cannot imagine why we will allow our country to be managed by illiterates and nincompoop in the days of digital world. Banning of twitter is a prime example of how they want to hold us back.

If the youth can start an a telegram group and select who should hold office, we will not only outnumber old men like the Liar Mohammed, we will retire them to where they belong. We need a mobilizer!

@Lalasticlala
I wish you could take this to front page so the youths can discuss this. Nigeria needs a breakout of good leadership!

I concur.

Let's do this
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
Would you vote for a truck driver in Nigeria if your vote would count?
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Ccss: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Really
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by seguno2: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
sunexameh:

Since when did wishing alone, achieve anything?
Was wishing the only thing you did to pass your exams
Find different ways to work on replicating this among many Nigerians until they are the dominant group, if you are serious.
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by seguno2: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
doggedfighter:
"Money does not win election but vision does"

Not in Nigeria !

His constituency will disown him first reason is he doesn't have money to share.

Will the same constituents complain about the situation in their communities, caused by the looting of the public office holders
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by millionboi(m): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sebastine1994:
In your dreams, Nigeria will never experience such.

I heard America is going through something called the great resignation.
There is job vacancy everywhere in America now, suffer don tire Americans
to use less than #100000 to win election....lol
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Gojas: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Not in Nigeria
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by slowice(m): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
All I can say is that people are still vexing for Peter Obi for being stingy, even a priest.... So you see, this can't happen here
Re: A Truck Driver, Edward Durr Beats Steve Sweeney, New Jersey Senate President by Cromagnon: 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
sunexameh:
it can

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biden Mistakenly Calls Ukrainian People 'Iranian' in Address, Video Goes Viral / Donald Trump's Supporters Pray & Speak In Tongues At Clark County / Civil Unrest In Sudan As Army And Paramilitary Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.