Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? (38591 Views)

Check Out These Football Clubs Illusion Lamps / Top 10 Ridiculous And Yet Important Football Records Set By Famous Player N Team / Which Of These Records Is HARD To Break Or Unbreakable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by SenatePresdo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
obembet:
Hello guys, let have some little argument here.

Which if the record you think that is unbreakable and state the reason.

1. 91 Goals in One calendar year by Messi

2. 3 World cup by Pele

3. 17 Goals in 1 champion league CR7

4. 5 Goals in 9 minutes by Robert Lewandowaki

My view

To break Messi 91 Goals in calendar year possible to me, it's not really hard to break, expecially in Spanish league and Germany.

CR7 17 Goals in a season also wouldn't be that hard to break. it's likely Lewandowaki or halland break this year.

The most difficult would be Pele's 3 times World cup record.

also, Lewandowaki is also tough but I give it to Pele record

Source: Obembet

Was Pele the only player in that team that won 3 World cups? No other player follow am win am? Abi na only am play for field for the three tournaments?

It should be an individual achievement, that Pele own no be individual achievement.

Because no be only am Don carry World Cup 3 times. His teammates did too.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by paulolee(m): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Demolakay:

Dats not true boss.Zambian FA came up wit evidences to prove Goddfrey chitalu actually score even more Dan dat 107 goals dat year,But fifa instead of recognizing it decides to scrap dat record both for messi nd chitalu.U will nva find it on fifa website or uefa records dat messi has d highest goals in a calender year. It is d western media who still chooses to recognize dat of messi.u can find out dis if u doubt wat am saying.
u saying, according to fifa, messi isnt d owner of dt record??
are u saying, according to fifa, uts gerd mulla dt hold d record?? i swear I jus de hear dis one o....let me check
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Alfamann: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
5 Goals in 9 minutes

Is that even legal?
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by mbaka0433: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Why didnt u put 6th balon d'or by messi

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by ProphetofOdin: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Whazar:
mumu u just hate messi
nah ur papa go score 91 goals in a year bah?

You get bad manners, wetin done bring insult for wetin OP post now.
You need to re-appraise yourself and character.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Alfamann: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
SenatePresdo:

Was Pele the only player in that team that won 3 World cups? No other player follow am win am? Abi na only am play for field for the three tournaments?

It should be an individual achievement, that Pele own no be individual achievement.

Because no be only am Don carry World Cup 3 times. His teammates did too.

Because the other three guys no get team mates abi?
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by ominilongest(m): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
messi 91 goals in a calendar year record is crazy bro kiloddeeee
17 goal looks easy na y Haaland and mbaape dey score am every season ba? grin
3 world cups (mbappe)
5 goals in 9min,chai as substitution sef ,Lewandowski na mad man o grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by ProphetofOdin: 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
It is Pele for me, it takes a miracle for a player to participate in 4 world cups in modern football, not to talk of winning 3 of it.
the lewandoski, ronaldo, and messi records are all breakable, rules in modern football is making it easier for strikers to score more goals these days.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by joyandfaith: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
OJEEMAH:
This is possible but i don't see it happening in the next 30years. Hmmmmm.......football has changed and many nations are getting stronger and better so i don't see this happening in the next 50-100years This will be hard too but a prolific season for Haaland or Mbappe could rewrite this record. speechless
No deceive yourself.........Lewy is one of the most prolific attacker to ever play Bundes liga. if it was an easy feat, he would have broken it or atleast come close to Muller's number (85). Aside Ronaldo and Messi, mention 3 players in la liga that have score 70 in a calender year. There's a possibility with the numbers they have done so far. I leave this one for the gods. No, i give it to Lewy's record cos it was an individual achievement unlike Pele's record.

Brillant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by ProphetofOdin: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
ominilongest:
3 world cups (mbappe)

Mbappe can not win 3 world cups, that is 12years bro. Its not champions league that is being played every year, and Mbappe might be talented but he doesn't have that discipline to stay at the top for long.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by cr7lomo: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
paulolee:
very tight to say but my ranking from the easiest to hardest is..
1....cr7 17 goals a season seems d easiest bcoz a red hot lewa or haaland can break dt record if they get to d finals...lewa once stopped at 15 in a UCL season
3..lewa 5 goals in 9 mins is difficult bt needs a piece of luck to break it, if mane can score an hatrick in 2 mins n 56 sec, a piece of luck maybe needed to do dt 5 gaols in 9 mins
2..messi 91 goals a calendar seems feasible but almost impossible bcoz it took him 69 games, an insane 59 goals in d league which looks unreal...new fifa schedule means dt country n club fixtures in a calender year av reduced, cups are now played a single tie n countries hardly play friendlies like before which means less game time for d next competitor bcoz none can play up to 50 games in a year..
3...Pele 3 world up is mind blowing bcoz worldcup is every 4 years, to break d record means winning 4 world cup, wey messi n cr7 never even win 1...team is a main factor here than d others dt are individual brilliance n dts why our goats never win any

What makes you think Ronaldo's 17 is easy. Even when Messi did 91 goals, he only scored 14. Last season was Lewandowskis most productive year in the league. 41 goals in 29 games .. 17 goals in 13 champions league games is almost impossible. If bayern jam the big boys , Lewandowski or Halaand will not find it easy . And for them to have a shot at it, they must at least get to the final .

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by joyandfaith: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
ominilongest:
3 world cups (mbappe)

Mad man bo!!

Lol
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Echoketh: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
paulolee:

dt record gat so many issues n dts why fifa still haven't recognized d award..
Leo can brag about it in Europe but so many claims made fifa scrapped n refused dt award..
so youre saying the Zambian FA have something against messi?
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Topmaike007(m): 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
Vinicious Will score 90 goals in a full year when the time is ripe
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by emmnprince(m): 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
LesbianBoy:
But if we are to choose the hardest

Pele 3 world cup goals

Ronaldo 17 goals in champions league

91 goals in a calendar year

5 goals in 9 minutes

The order below, from the hardest, is the preferred:

1. Pele 3 world cup trophies, not goals.

2. 5 goals in 9 minutes.

3. 91 goals in a calendar year.

4. 17 goals in a champions league.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by paulolee(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2021
cr7lomo:

What makes you think Ronaldo's 17 is easy. Even when Messi did 91 goals, he only scored 14. Last season was Lewandowskis most productive year in the league. 41 goals in 29 games .. 17 goals in 13 champions league games is almost impossible. If bayern jam the big boys , Lewandowski or Halaand will not find it easy . And for them to have a shot at it, they must at least get to the final .
If Bayern gat a easy slot to d finals, lewa would even do 18 goals...d guy is on fire n I jus pray he is injury free...
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by OJEEMAH(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
joyandfaith:

Brillant
thanks
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by emmnprince(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2021
obembet:

2. 3 World cup by Pele

5. Arsenal 49 match unbeaten record

6. Arsenal no defeat in a season

7. Messi 22 consecutive goal streak

My view

[b]To break Messi 91 Goals in calendar year possible to me, it's not really hard to break, expecially in Spanish league and Germany.

CR7 17 Goals in a season also wouldn't be that hard to break. it's likely Lewandowski or halland break this year.

The most difficult would be either Pele's 3 times World cup record Messi 22 consecutive goals scored. Followed Lewan 5 goals in 9mins, Arsenal 49 match unbeaten, Arsenal no defeat in a season, Messi 91 goals in a calendar year, and 17 goals in a champions league season.

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by cr7lomo: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
paulolee:

If Bayern gat a easy slot to d finals, lewa would even do 18 goals...d guy is on fire n I jus pray he is injury free...

You think Ronaldo's record will be broken but you don't think Messi's record can be broken . You have hatred on Ronaldo written all over your posts. So bayern will just get easy slots to the final just like that . Stop dreaming Niggar, wake up and smell the coffee
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Treasure17(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
It's Pele's record considering the duration of the competition and the dynamics of football have changed now. Don't see that record breakable.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by baralatie(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Timoleon:
Sadio Mane Hatrick 2minutes and 56 seconds. undecided
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by baralatie(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
3 world cups no possible

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
obembet:

2. 3 World cup by Pele

My view

To break Messi 91 Goals in calendar year possible to me, it's not really hard to break, expecially in Spanish league and Germany.

CR7 17 Goals in a season also wouldn't be that hard to break. it's likely Lewandowaki or halland break this year.

The most difficult would be Pele's 3 times World cup record.

also, Lewandowaki is also tough but I give it to Pele record

Quite thoughtful analysis. And I agree with you. Pele is unbreakable.

Let me give you my opinion:

Lewandowaki can be broken if the team is weak, or if they arrange or fix it. It is just in a game. You have just a set of people to bribe or tip, and that's it.

But Pele's own, you would have to be extra good and consistent for good 12 years to break it. Also, must be injury free. Tje numbers of teams you must tip to go through to 3 consecutive finals or maybe 5 finals if the person plays for 20 years is unimaginable. There is a reason Pele is the god of football, and this is one. Messi is still struggling to win just 1 world cup. Pele's record will be broken only with the grace of God. Nothing is impossible.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by brightalo1010: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
paulolee:
very tight to say but my ranking from the easiest to hardest is..
1....cr7 17 goals a season seems d easiest bcoz a red hot lewa or haaland can break dt record if they get to d finals...lewa once stopped at 15 in a UCL season
3..lewa 5 goals in 9 mins is difficult bt needs a piece of luck to break it, if mane can score an hatrick in 2 mins n 56 sec, a piece of luck maybe needed to do dt 5 gaols in 9 mins
2..messi 91 goals a calendar seems feasible but almost impossible bcoz it took him 69 games, an insane 59 goals in d league which looks unreal...new fifa schedule means dt country n club fixtures in a calender year av reduced, cups are now played a single tie n countries hardly play friendlies like before which means less game time for d next competitor bcoz none can play up to 50 games in a year..
3...Pele 3 world up is mind blowing bcoz worldcup is every 4 years, to break d record means winning 4 world cup, wey messi n cr7 never even win 1...team is a main factor here than d others dt are individual brilliance n dts why our goats never win any

Did they play world cup every 4yrs with number of countries as it is in recent years.

Is like Ghana winning afcon when only 3 and 4 teams plays in the tournament, most things during Pele's time were so easy, then there is back pass and so many awkward things, after Pele how many times did Brazil win it again?
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Maobichek: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
Omoluabi16:
Lewandowski's is very achievable if the opposition is poor. Messi and ronaldo is very difficult, but someone might just come along and do it in 40years time. With meaningless friendlies and longer qualifying series, when you play noob teams in the group stages of the champions league.
Pele's record, no one will do that. The quality of opposition now, no of teams, Most of these players exert themselves on league campaigns. 3 times will simply not happen.

The real issue with Pele's own is that it's 12years achievement and world cup is the biggest tournament as far as football is concerned.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Maobichek: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
obembet:
Everyone know that am Messi fan but I love the Truth

Messi record is very easy to break. he played 70 games and score 90 goals.. even 35% of the goal na penalty while 60 was Tapin, only reasonable goal there was 5%. I see Lewandowaki score this this.

May God bless all CR7 fans all over the way

Pele is the most difficult and not CR7.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Don27tiky(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Pele's record is the hardest to break cos it has to do with the team, no matter how good you are as a player, if your teammates aren't as determined as you are, you can never break that record.

The rest can be broken cos it has to do with the individual and not the team.

This I have seen.
no one can break pele’s record cos World Cup was played every 2 years and it was by invitation. If they do same today Messi will break that record. 91 goals in one season for me cannot be broken
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Don27tiky(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
chidonweb:
Pele record is very difficult to break because of age limit.
For any player to break pele record, that player have to be in good/perfect shape and form for at least 16 years.
Another challenge is that your country must qualify for world cup at least 3 times during your football career.

As for me, Pele is the Greatest Of All Time but because he is a black man, the white people don't want to blow his trumpet. They always look for ways to under-score his performance and record
no one can break pele’s record cos World Cup was played every 2 years and it was by invitation. If they do same today Messi will break that record. 91 goals in one season for me cannot be broken
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Don27tiky(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
Maobichek:

The real issue with Pele's own is that it's 12years achievement and world cup is the biggest tournament as far as football is concerned.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Don27tiky(m): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Quite thoughtful analysis. And I agree with you. Pele is unbreakable.

Let me give you my opinion:

Lewandowaki can be broken if the team is weak, or if they arrange or fix it. It is just in a game. You have just a set of people to bribe or tip, and that's it.

But Pele's own, you would have to be extra good and consistent for good 12 years to break it. Also, must be injury free. Tje numbers of teams you must tip to go through to 3 consecutive finals or maybe 5 finals if the person plays for 20 years is unimaginable. There is a reason Pele is the god of football, and this is one. Messi is still struggling to win just 1 world cup. Pele's record will be broken only with the grace of God. Nothing is impossible.
Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by Maobichek: 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
chidonweb:
Pele record is very difficult to break because of age limit.
For any player to break pele record, that player have to be in good/perfect shape and form for at least 16 years.
Another challenge is that your country must qualify for world cup at least 3 times during your football career.

As for me, Pele is the Greatest Of All Time but because he is a black man, the white people don't want to blow his trumpet. They always look for ways to under-score his performance and record

FIFA confirmed Pele as the greatest okay.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? by baralatie(m): 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
Don27tiky:
Brazil dates of winning the world cup played every 4 years
, 1962,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Confirms Arrest Of Mason Greenwood Over Alleged Physical Assault/Rape / Alex Iwobi And His Younger Sister (Throwback Photo) / Mikel Obi Wows Middlesbrough Fans After Thrilling Performance- Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.