Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Chelsea Starlet Signs New Long-term Contract At Stamford Bridge - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Starlet Signs New Long-term Contract At Stamford Bridge (175 Views)

Breakdown Of Cristiano Ronaldo's Contract At Juventus / Chelsea Starlet Tammy Abraham Pledges International Career To England Over Niger / Chelsea Starlet Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria - NFF Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Starlet Signs New Long-term Contract At Stamford Bridge by omodejk12: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Chelsea have sealed defender Trevoh Chalobah’s future by signing the youngster to a new long-term contract.

The 22-year-old, who joined the Blues at the age of eight, has impressed since his promotion to Thomas Tuchel’s senior squad this summer, scoring twice in ten appearances.

Following loan spells at Huddersfield, Ipswich, and Lorient, Chalobah’s rise to power has been somewhat surprising and his emotional reaction to the Crystal Palace goal on his debut underscored his connection to the club.

He said, “It’s pretty surreal. It is a dream for me to sign a new long-term contract for my childhood club and I hope the dream continues.

“It was an amazing start to the season and something I never expected, but it just shows that the hard work I put in and took out loans has paid off.

“I tried to impress the manager in the preseason and then bring him into the games so everything went well and consistency is now the key to keeping those levels high.”

Chalobah’s four-and-a-half-year contract runs until summer 2026, extending his previous three-year contract.

Chelsea manager Marina Granovskaia added: “Seeing Trevoh join so many of his Academy graduate comrades in the men’s first team is something we are exceptionally proud of as a club.

“When he scored in the Premier League opener of the season, it was an emotional moment for everyone who has been involved in his progress so far.

“His performances in the first months of the season, as well as his attitude and professionalism, impressed us all and we are very happy to be able to reward Trevoh’s progress with this new long-term contract.”

https://www.jalili48.com/2021/11/chelsea-starlet-signs-new-long-term.html

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Qualifiers / Guinea-bissau Vs Sudan / Super Eagles Qualify For World Cup Playoff Round After Draw With Cape Verde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.