Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

#kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. (2419 Views)

Construction Diary Of 8units Of 2/3brds Flat Structure By ARBO CONTRACTOR LTD / Land In Kugbo,abuja For Sale / Construction Diary Of An Executive Four Flats In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Continuation of first floor blockwork

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
Continuation of first floor blockwork....
Placement of first floor colunm and lintel formwork

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
Completion of the blockwork lead to the Lintel and Colunm construction

1 Like

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
Completion of lintel formwork and ironwork.

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2021
First floor Lintel construction

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 10:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Continuation of first floor blockwork.

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2021
First floor blockwork pictures

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by daviddext: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
Complement of the season. I felt the need to reachout to you directly via Facebook concerning what I do. I am a serving NYSC Corp member and Client Officer for D-Alturas Global Investment Ltd. We are a construction company based in Ibadan. We are known for providing quality construction and renovation services that meet clients budget. We do building maintenance and interior designs too. Perhaps, you or someone you know might have a project and may need the services we provide. Merry Christmas. Regards, David +2348168016467

1 Like

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 8:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Seond floor slab and Beam construction

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Second floor slab and beam formwork placement

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 10:40am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by aviona: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
Compliments of the season, and thumbs up on the job so far.
Please which part of Kugbo is this and where is the access road into the area?
Except for the hilly and undulating topography of the area, it looks quite unlike the Kugbo I know.
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
aviona:
Thank you
Except for the hilly and undulating topography of the area, it looks quite unlike the Kugbo I know.
We currently gain entrance from the NaF Valley Estate but the clients and other land owners intend to grade the road from the main express
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
aviona:
We are also doing a renovation project within the naf valley base, you can check it out from this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6886871/renovation-diary-5bedroom-duplex-asokoro
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by aviona: 12:27am On Dec 26, 2021
Harneyprojects:

We currently gain entrance from the NaF Valley Estate but the clients and other land owners intend to grade the road from the main express

Alright! now I get it, somewhere directly behind Naf Valley, and moving towards the ongoing Army estate as well as Sunrise Valley Estate. However, is that side of the expressway not Asokoro, around where you have the proposed diplomatic zone of Dallas Carraway district? A major access road is supposed to come in from somewhere around that demolished structure by the expressway.

Most of that area will be completely developed in say 4-5 years time, a really nice investment hub, with the express road expansion and the International market project towards Kugbo.

However, those duplexes sharing a fence with you are part of Naf valley, believed to be in Asokoro. Kindly help me confirm from your FCDA building approval that the plot your building is standing on, is actually in Kugbo district and not Asokoro.

From that architectural design up there, are those really swimming pools on the second floors? Abi, Harneyprojects just wan wine us sha. cheesy

Thank you, and keep the good work going.

1 Like

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 9:18am On Dec 26, 2021
aviona:

Alright! now I get it, somewhere directly behind Naf Valley, and moving towards the ongoing Army estate as well as Sunrise Valley Estate. However, is that side of the expressway not Asokoro, around where you have the proposed diplomatic zone of Dallas Carraway district? A major access road is supposed to come in from somewhere around that demolished structure by the expressway.

Most of that area will be completely developed in say 4-5 years time, a really nice investment hub, with the express road expansion and the International market project towards Kugbo.

However, those duplexes sharing a fence with you are part of Naf valley, believed to be in Asokoro. Kindly help me confirm from your FCDA building approval that the plot your building is standing on, is actually in Kugbo district and not Asokoro.

From that architectural design up there, are those really swimming pools on the second floors? Abi, Harneyprojects just wan wine us sha. cheesy

Thank you, and keep the good work going.
The plot is in Kugbo district.
They are suspended swimming pools on the second floor.
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by aviona: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2021
Harneyprojects:

The plot is in Kugbo district.
They are suspended swimming pools on the second floor.

Alright, thank you.
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 7:15am On Jan 01, 2022
Happy new year from the Harneyprojects team

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Second floor slab and beam reinforcement work

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
Second floor reinforcement work

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Bigfish121(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2022
How many coaches of block you use above foundation level and ground level??

Harneyprojects:
Laterite filling / Hardcore and Damp proof membrane (DPM) placement
Laterite filing and compaction of the filling with a mechanical compactor was done after completion of the blockwork.
After which hardcore and DPM were put in place.
The placement of DPM is a regularly neglected phase in the building construction industry in Nigeria, failure to put the DPM before casting of the damp proof floor (DPC) would allow rise of moisture through the foundation block work leading to damage of screeding and painting layers.
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bigfish121:
How many coaches of block you use above foundation level and ground level??

The coaches of blocks used above the foundation level varied due to the topography of the site.
We had areas with 4 coaches and areas with 6 coaches above the foundation.
For the ground floor we used 14 coaches of blocks for the purpose of getting a substantial headroom.

1 Like

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Bigfish121(m): 12:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
This is my first time of seeing this type of mix ratio.Maybe it's because I have not started practising. What is the essence of the Stone dust?

Harneyprojects:
First floor slab and beam concreting
The concrete was mixed in ratio 1:1:1:4
1 bag of cement, 2 head pan of sharp sand, 2 head pan of stone dust and 8 head pan of gravel.
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Bigfish121(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
Wow.you are really good.How long have you been in practice?

Harneyprojects:

The coaches of blocks used above the foundation level varied due to the topography of the site.
We had areas with 4 coaches and areas with 6 coaches above the foundation.
For the ground floor we used 14 coaches of blocks for the purpose of getting a substantial headroom.
Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bigfish121:
This is my first time of seeing this type of mix ratio.Maybe it's because I have not started practising. What is the essence of the Stone dust?

From primary concrete technology it is known that the fine aggregate acts as a filler between the course aggregate in the concrete while the cement acts as a binder.
Sand and stone dust are both fine aggregates but due to cost, sharp sand is the most economical fine aggregate.
There is a research done by a msc student in an Indian university who concluded that the best replacement for sharp sand with stone dust is a 50% replacement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #kugbobuild Construction Diary Of A Mini Estate in Kugbo, Abuja. by Harneyprojects: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bigfish121:
Wow.you are really good.How long have you been in practice?

We have been in practice since 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lands For Sale @ Lekki ,chevron & Ajah / Coldroom For Sale, 40ft Container With An Extra Sporting Engine N2.5m with Pictures / Prime Property In Ibafo And Mowe For Sale At Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.