Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! (454 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Survivors Of Ikoyi Building Collapse (Photos) / Buhari Leading A Protest During Goodluck Jonathan's Government (Throwback Photo) / Dino Melaye Arrested By The Police During A Protest 7 Years Ago (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by callthefred: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
Isn't it crazy that after 5 days we are still searching and clearing at the Ikoyi collpased building. If Femi Osibona who was on 18th floor could be found after 4 days. What is the fate of those on the ground floor.

We have almost 11 military barracks in Lagos and we can't deploy battalion of soldiers there and even military choppers .(After all the military has been known to be more responsive in handling humanitarian disasters).

I drove pass the building 2 days ago and I left home totally hopeless. At 11pm I was surprised work was suspended to be resumed the next morning. What stops us from having 24 shifts of different teams and each team working 1 hour to ensure each team isn't overwhelmed?. These are all Nigerians struggling to survive, finding daily bread, most didn't fall for the temptation of Internet fraud and rather chose to earn a decent living. The least we could do was bring them home alive.

Are we really a nation at all?. I mean these kind of little details matters. Every human being has the potential to change the world and we can't simply allow people die of no oxygen. This rescue shouldn't have taken more than 24 hours max if only we could truly care about ourselves. The only useless news is how someone was denied employment because of their religion. That's a convenient story to tell because the other party is dead and can't speak up for themselves. What a nation indeed!

I am calling for a protest and seriously we need to do better than we are doing. This is the very least we can do.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by flokii: 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Are you sure they didn't blow up that building to frame the vice president?

The way the whole thing is looking and how some people are desperately trying to rope PYO into the unfortunate incident is becoming suspicious.

This further goes to show that the country's emergency response is below standard and poorly equipped too. It's just sad.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by Naijabad: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
callthefred:
Isn't it crazy that after 5 days we are still searching and clearing at the Ikoyi collpased building. If Femi Osibona who was on 18th floor could be found after 4 days. What is the fate of those on the ground floor.

We have almost 11 military barracks in Lagos and we can't deploy battalion of soldiers there and even military choppers .(After all the military has been known to be more responsive in handling humanitarian disasters).

I drove pass the building 2 days ago and I left home totally hopeless. At 11pm I was surprised work was suspended to be resumed the next morning. What stops us from having 24 shifts of different teams and each team working 1 hour to ensure each team isn't overwhelmed?. These are all Nigerians struggling to survive, finding daily bread, most didn't fall for the temptation of Internet fraud and rather chose to earn a decent living. The least we could do was bring them home alive.

Are we really a nation at all?. I mean these kind of little details matters. Every human being has the potential to change the world and we can't simply allow people die of no oxygen. This rescue shouldn't have taken more than 24 hours max if only we could truly care about ourselves. The only useless news is how someone was denied employment because of their religion. That's a convenient story to tell because the other party is dead and can't speak up for themselves. What a nation indeed!

I am calling for a protest and seriously we need to do better than we are doing. This is the very least we can do.

Please, go and protest with your family. Stop inciting people to violence.

Yoruba Ronu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by SarkinYarki: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
What exactly are you protesting for ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by Shetemi12(m): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Will the protest bring the dead up? Or make the building stand again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
SarkinYarki:
What exactly are you protesting for ?

I wonder OOO. The guy made some good points but put me off everything when he mentioned protest. Protest for what exactly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by adamsmith914: 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
callthefred:

The same heartless people that don’t care for their brother Man is who you want to come & protest with you against who if I may ask? What & who stopped you & the private sector from working day & night @ the site?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by asanausana91: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
callthefred:

how many hours did the US finish their rescue mission in a building that collapsed last 2 months in the US? I believe it was only 2 hours they used.abi?
You can never appreciate your country until the day you travel out.
Do you know that many of the survivors wouldn't have survived had it been that government bring in all rescue Organization at once?
Do you know that work has to be done gently and deligently in a situation like this?
Some of will just wake up and start writing rubbish on a topic you know nothing about.
Instead of calling for a protest, go and ask questions from professionals in the field.
What have you done in order to see that the rescue is done much sooner than it is now?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by Femmyfestus: 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
flokii:
Are you sure they didn't blow up that building to frame the vice president?

The way the whole thing is looking and how some people are desperately trying to rope PYO into the unfortunate incident is becoming suspicious.

This further goes to show that the country's emergency response is below standard and poorly equipped too. It's just sad.
It is glaring that it was a controlled demolition. But I cant figure out why they did that yet
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by streetsoldier1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
callthefred:

The best protest will be to enlighten the soro soke youth in your area not to sell their vote in the next election, they should participate and use clear manifesto to choose the right leaders
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by kettykin: 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
If it was an igbo that owned the building, by now he'll would have been venting it's demonically instigated spleen against anything igbo, nairaland and south west press would have been filled with conspiracy theories with government merchant of death victimizing Igbos in the construction industry
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Where Is The Conscience ??? Calling For A Protest! by Babinski: 3:32am On Nov 06, 2021
callthefred:

In Nigeria, we have little value for life. And diligence at work is an aberration. There are so many things wrong with the rescue approach that would give a sane man a splitting headache. From the hours of delay before the arrival of the rescue team to their approach of digging through wreckage like an elephant in a China shop without regard for the people trapped underneath, to unwarranted breaks and closing hours. It is just terrible and saddening.

(1) (Reply)

One Nigeria Group Vs Ipob Chanting Songs Facing Each Other / Inter-African Trade Fair In Durban: We've Come Here In Full Force, Says Buhari / Nigerian Govt Asks All Workers To Resume December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.