Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor (491 Views)

Okowa: The Rave Of Arise TV Presidential Debate / Copy And Paste’ — Dele Momodu Accuses Tinubu Of Repackaging Abiola’s Manifesto / Governor Okowa The Best Nigerian Governor With Strategies to Combat Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor by Luckytechtv: 10:10am On Nov 06, 2021
OKOWA: THE COPY AND PASTE GOVERNOR.

A Costly Mistake Deltans Made..

In my observation, if Okowa does not reflect on his past decisions and retrace his steps in the remaining two years of his administration, I fear the youths in Delta state may stone him.

This shouldn’t come as a shock or surprise, as the #EndSars protest has blown away the dust that had blinded the youths for many years, hence, making them see reasons with the warnings I had previously preached on several occasions.

You can’t govern modern society with analogue ideas. This is a digital age and everything must be digital.

You can not govern modern society with analogue ideas. This is a digital age; hence, everything must be digital.

With facts, I firmly stand on the ground that Okowa has never conceived any project or scheme with his intellect. All he does is play the role of a ‘copycat’ in which he gathers from the strategic ideas and auspicious plans of successful governors from other states without considering the after-effects of such self-centered decisions and how it may impact the life of Deltans. It is for this reason I call him COPY AND PASTE GOVERNOR in this post.

Before I proceed, I would love to clear the air that I do not in any way harbor hate for his person. However, I see a person who so superfluously sugar-coats his analogue ideas with grammar and alluring words. This he does with so much flair when in reality, he lacks the developmental ideas applicable to 21st-century development.

I would also love to pen this down that my intention to come forth as a governorship candidate in the 2019 elections was not an act of financial buoyancy. Nevertheless, seeing the anguish and pain in the life of the Deltans, I thought it wise to purchase the governorship form.

It was indeed saddening as I watched my votes being bought with money. It is also vital I point out that I am not the type of person who believes in bringing out money for the sake of buying votes. My true intention is to liberate you and your children from suffering with my ideas and resources for electioneering expenses to enable you to live a just and comfortable life. Yet, you want me to pay you N3,000 to vote for me? No! I can’t do that and will never do that in the future. I can only pay for logistics and other necessary expenses the way it is done in the advanced world, and that’s all.

To further prove my point, recently a ‘Truck Driver' in New Jersey won a Senate election after Spending only $153 on campaign funds. This shows that money does not win elections in advanced parts of the world but true and legitimate vision does.
Deltans have to learn from that and not repeat such mistakes in the forthcoming 2023 elections.

It is true that Okowa would rather dance to the praises offered by those we call the ‘OH YES MEMBERS’ in our meetings.

This is no mere fact with shallow evidence, as I personally have met him in person as well as written to him on several occasions through his senior political adviser, Ochonogor and Funkekeme Solomon as we were informed by him the day we met him after 2019 election to offer him modern ideas, but all I got in return were his usual sweet words and bogus grammar. He promised us then he will run all-inclusive governance but till date he never did. I wonder where he got the name “Ekwueme” if he cannot fulfil promise he made in public.

I even singlehandedly sponsored a team of governorship candidates to have a meeting with him which we did successfully. The meeting had present, his Senior political Adviser (Ochonogor) and himself, but Okowa seems uninterested in the development of Delta state amid massaging his ego by answering to the name ‘road master,’ with so much dexterity, when 80% of the roads across the state still remains substandard.

In my observation, trying to imbibe visionary ideas and strategic planning to the Okowa administration is an effort in futility as long as you cannot assist in carting away ballot boxes and helping him do some untidy jobs.

However, In the real sense, you do not need much money to develop a society, all you need are ideas which in all indication seems Okowa greatly lacks to the detriment of Deltans. Dubai for example, is not that money was not used but ideas played a major role in their development not just money. Visionary leaders did the magic. Okowa can govern Delta State subnationaly if he has the ideas needed for development.

Imagine a governor who sits down and watches more DESOPADEC projects being sited in private universities than you could ever find inside a whole local government. Isn’t this a clear indication that the state is now the private property of some individuals in the state, and the leader lacks developmental ideas?

It was even rumoured that some people allegedly collect as much as N100Million monthly from DESOPADEC for settlement. Imagine giving out N100Million to over 100 persons every month for settlement. How can there be development in such a state?

In my community, my paternal home Inyi in Ndokwa East local government area of Delta state and maternal home Aradhe in Isoko North local government area, I cannot remember any project that has been executed by this state government in the last 10 years, and so it is in many other communities across the state; and that to me, is unacceptable!

If you have travelled around the state, especially Ndokwa East and Burutu area, you will find that people are indeed really suffering in this state. Go round many parts of Ndokwa, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri nation, you may cry and even ask yourself if really these are parts of Delta State that prides itself as an oil rich state.

Imagine people that have a lot of resources in their soil drinking from the same water they defecate in, this Is totally inhumane and shouldn’t be taken light-heartedly. Deltans needs to wake up and ask questions!

Imagine the state capital, Asaba where street lights cannot be relied on due to its instability and too often fluctuations. All this in an oil rich state?

Even worst, Some streets can go for days without the street lights being powered on. To further add to that, the storm drainage project has failed! I think he needs to visit some parts of Onitsha in the neighbouring Anambra state to see how storm drainage is done.

This is indeed a shame to first time visitors in the state. It is only Mrs. Mrakpor and few other persons he appointed that have put in a little work to bring change, but I understand they were not given a free hand at the end of the day. Asides that, 95% of other appointees are ‘O YES CABINET MEMBERS’.

Take for instance an ordinary flyover that other state governments utilize as first project once they assume office took Okowa 6 years before initiating one at koka junction Asaba after 6 years of prosperity and a Stronger Deltan slogan he has been singing since he assumed office as governor.

Also, the Delta Line Transport Service he inherited is almost dead, after which he handed it over to yet another near incompetent Private firm to manage. The Airport has been handed over to concessionaire as well. This shows the lack of basic management skill by this administration.

As a result of Okowa’s copy and paste leadership style which is definitely taking a rough path since its inception, many businesses are folding up in Delta State. This can be visibly seen especially in Asaba, the state capital that thrives mostly in the hospitality industry; which is as result of Okowas’ inability to build industries that will see to it that the youths are employed as well as have a legitimate source of sustenance.

As a matter of fact, The only job a youth can easily find in Asaba with a meagre pay is a hotel job, thereby making most girls and boys that are not even interested in working in a hotel, forced to apply because there are little or no other jobs available to them; and certainly no idea on how to create such in the nearest future.

It is with deep sadness that I put this out that the lack of employment has forced many of our girls into prostitution and many boys to unimaginable crimes.

During the outbreak covid -19 pandemic, the ill-effect of his administrative skills was greatly felt. As a copy and paste government, he copies everything being done by Lagos State government. I think him and some of his aides stayed glued to the Television such that they missed no announcement about safety precautions and steps which Lagos State was to take per time to be safe throughout the pandemic. This government copies everything. He could not for a time come up with his own idea for others to follow suit.

At a time, the Federal government announced restriction of movement between 10pm and 6am, it took Okowa months to realise that some people depends on night business to survive and these people are many in their numbers. The same thing happened during the #EndSars protest when curfew was placed around 6pm to 8am without considering travellers and businessmen and women going to far distances.

Even on 31st October 2020, he extended the curfew from 6pm to 8pm without a prior notice to the Nigerian Army and some other security agencies that were stationed at Shoprite area in Asaba about his ordeal to extend the time. They were still turning people back at 6PM; I got there around 6:40PM and I was telling the soldiers stationed there that the time has been extended to 8pm, they said I was just informing them now and they need to confirm from their boss. I was there for over 7 minutes before they started allowing vehicles to pass after making several calls to confirm the information I had passed to them. Does that not show incompetence in leadership and a gap between the government and its people?

Throughout the vast expanse of Delta state, there is no project or scheme I have seen where the Okowa government have initiated with their own idea. Everything being done are ideas other states have implemented in the past 5 to 10 years.

In my opinion, the giant state secretariat at Mariam Babangida Road with which his cabinet members utilize in singing choruses of their masters’ many achievement poses a very huge threat to the security.

This isn’t my prayer, but just imagine piling up all the ministries' department and agencies in the same place and there is a similar unrest in the state as the past Peaceful #Endsars protest were hoodlums hijacked and vandalized government facilities. It means all the ministry and agencies in the state can collapse at once as a result of a copy and paste leadership style of Okowa administration.

Better still, why not invest in the plethora empty lands in Asaba to build ministries and digitalize them so people can have access to services even from their homes, and not packing ministries together.

I can only imagine the load on traffic during working days in that axis once the secretariat becomes fully functional.

Okowa should brace up now. Sweet words and grammars does not bring meaningful development, but creative thinking which I stand for. Who Grammar help?!!

It is a pity that the bank of River Niger around Asaba which can attract massive development and jobs to the youths in the state capital sits redundant due to the inability of the Okowas' administration to see potential.

Many other things that ideas and not really money can do are all over Delta State but he fails to think towards these directions, all we hear is that there is no money but there is money to sponsor other state governors to win elections and do many other unprofitable and illogical personal investments.

Many other states are opening their economies with huge industries in the likes of agro-value chain but ours in Delta is a smart agenda mantra that is not smart at all. The Kwale industrial Park he promised he will build, he ended by telling us Covid-19 stopped it while other states despite covid-19 are doing greater things more than the industrial park.

- The 500 megawatts MoU he signed failed.

- The renovation of 25 health center he signed MoU for is nothing to write home about today.

Additionally
- The MoU he signed for Commercial city to be built has not been fruitful till date.

Now that all has been said and heard, let us put forth the conclusion of the whole matter here, Okowa should sit up and sit tight, bring sound minded individuals into his government, use capable hand and competent contractors in handling projects and rejects hand to hand project sign up. He should abort "Copy and Paste leadership, become a great leader for others to emulate. For without prejudice i score his administration 30% till we see better changes we desire.

By:
Hon. Lucky Dikadi Chukwunedum Oghale
Delta State 2019 Governorship Candidate and chairman Forum of Former State Party Chairmen, Delta State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=631931637825048&id=100030246514944

Re: Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor by Validated: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2021
Lengthy write-up without substance. Please if you have not read, do not waste your time. I spent 15 minutes trying to decipher any iota of fact and found none. Like much ado about nothing.
Re: Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor by another1: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2021
I carefully read all you wrote here. But guess what, pointless.
If I to be your sponsor, Kobo I wouldn't pay u.
Agent of apc.

1 Like

Re: Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor by IVORY2009(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2021
Luckytechtv:
OKOWA: THE COPY AND PASTE GOVERNOR.

A Costly Mistake Deltans Made..

In my observation, if Okowa does not reflect on his past decisions and retrace his steps in the remaining two years of his administration, I fear the youths in Delta state may stone him.

This shouldn’t come as a shock or surprise, as the #EndSars protest has blown away the dust that had blinded the youths for many years, hence, making them see reasons with the warnings I had previously preached on several occasions.

You can’t govern modern society with analogue ideas. This is a digital age and everything must be digital.

You can not govern modern society with analogue ideas. This is a digital age; hence, everything must be digital.

With facts, I firmly stand on the ground that Okowa has never conceived any project or scheme with his intellect. All he does is play the role of a ‘copycat’ in which he gathers from the strategic ideas and auspicious plans of successful governors from other states without considering the after-effects of such self-centered decisions and how it may impact the life of Deltans. It is for this reason I call him COPY AND PASTE GOVERNOR in this post.

Before I proceed, I would love to clear the air that I do not in any way harbor hate for his person. However, I see a person who so superfluously sugar-coats his analogue ideas with grammar and alluring words. This he does with so much flair when in reality, he lacks the developmental ideas applicable to 21st-century development.

I would also love to pen this down that my intention to come forth as a governorship candidate in the 2019 elections was not an act of financial buoyancy. Nevertheless, seeing the anguish and pain in the life of the Deltans, I thought it wise to purchase the governorship form.

It was indeed saddening as I watched my votes being bought with money. It is also vital I point out that I am not the type of person who believes in bringing out money for the sake of buying votes. My true intention is to liberate you and your children from suffering with my ideas and resources for electioneering expenses to enable you to live a just and comfortable life. Yet, you want me to pay you N3,000 to vote for me? No! I can’t do that and will never do that in the future. I can only pay for logistics and other necessary expenses the way it is done in the advanced world, and that’s all.

To further prove my point, recently a ‘Truck Driver' in New Jersey won a Senate election after Spending only $153 on campaign funds. This shows that money does not win elections in advanced parts of the world but true and legitimate vision does.
Deltans have to learn from that and not repeat such mistakes in the forthcoming 2023 elections.

It is true that Okowa would rather dance to the praises offered by those we call the ‘OH YES MEMBERS’ in our meetings.

This is no mere fact with shallow evidence, as I personally have met him in person as well as written to him on several occasions through his senior political adviser, Ochonogor and Funkekeme Solomon as we were informed by him the day we met him after 2019 election to offer him modern ideas, but all I got in return were his usual sweet words and bogus grammar. He promised us then he will run all-inclusive governance but till date he never did. I wonder where he got the name “Ekwueme” if he cannot fulfil promise he made in public.

I even singlehandedly sponsored a team of governorship candidates to have a meeting with him which we did successfully. The meeting had present, his Senior political Adviser (Ochonogor) and himself, but Okowa seems uninterested in the development of Delta state amid massaging his ego by answering to the name ‘road master,’ with so much dexterity, when 80% of the roads across the state still remains substandard.

In my observation, trying to imbibe visionary ideas and strategic planning to the Okowa administration is an effort in futility as long as you cannot assist in carting away ballot boxes and helping him do some untidy jobs.

However, In the real sense, you do not need much money to develop a society, all you need are ideas which in all indication seems Okowa greatly lacks to the detriment of Deltans. Dubai for example, is not that money was not used but ideas played a major role in their development not just money. Visionary leaders did the magic. Okowa can govern Delta State subnationaly if he has the ideas needed for development.

Imagine a governor who sits down and watches more DESOPADEC projects being sited in private universities than you could ever find inside a whole local government. Isn’t this a clear indication that the state is now the private property of some individuals in the state, and the leader lacks developmental ideas?

It was even rumoured that some people allegedly collect as much as N100Million monthly from DESOPADEC for settlement. Imagine giving out N100Million to over 100 persons every month for settlement. How can there be development in such a state?

In my community, my paternal home Inyi in Ndokwa East local government area of Delta state and maternal home Aradhe in Isoko North local government area, I cannot remember any project that has been executed by this state government in the last 10 years, and so it is in many other communities across the state; and that to me, is unacceptable!

If you have travelled around the state, especially Ndokwa East and Burutu area, you will find that people are indeed really suffering in this state. Go round many parts of Ndokwa, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri nation, you may cry and even ask yourself if really these are parts of Delta State that prides itself as an oil rich state.

Imagine people that have a lot of resources in their soil drinking from the same water they defecate in, this Is totally inhumane and shouldn’t be taken light-heartedly. Deltans needs to wake up and ask questions!

Imagine the state capital, Asaba where street lights cannot be relied on due to its instability and too often fluctuations. All this in an oil rich state?

Even worst, Some streets can go for days without the street lights being powered on. To further add to that, the storm drainage project has failed! I think he needs to visit some parts of Onitsha in the neighbouring Anambra state to see how storm drainage is done.

This is indeed a shame to first time visitors in the state. It is only Mrs. Mrakpor and few other persons he appointed that have put in a little work to bring change, but I understand they were not given a free hand at the end of the day. Asides that, 95% of other appointees are ‘O YES CABINET MEMBERS’.

Take for instance an ordinary flyover that other state governments utilize as first project once they assume office took Okowa 6 years before initiating one at koka junction Asaba after 6 years of prosperity and a Stronger Deltan slogan he has been singing since he assumed office as governor.

Also, the Delta Line Transport Service he inherited is almost dead, after which he handed it over to yet another near incompetent Private firm to manage. The Airport has been handed over to concessionaire as well. This shows the lack of basic management skill by this administration.

As a result of Okowa’s copy and paste leadership style which is definitely taking a rough path since its inception, many businesses are folding up in Delta State. This can be visibly seen especially in Asaba, the state capital that thrives mostly in the hospitality industry; which is as result of Okowas’ inability to build industries that will see to it that the youths are employed as well as have a legitimate source of sustenance.

As a matter of fact, The only job a youth can easily find in Asaba with a meagre pay is a hotel job, thereby making most girls and boys that are not even interested in working in a hotel, forced to apply because there are little or no other jobs available to them; and certainly no idea on how to create such in the nearest future.

It is with deep sadness that I put this out that the lack of employment has forced many of our girls into prostitution and many boys to unimaginable crimes.

During the outbreak covid -19 pandemic, the ill-effect of his administrative skills was greatly felt. As a copy and paste government, he copies everything being done by Lagos State government. I think him and some of his aides stayed glued to the Television such that they missed no announcement about safety precautions and steps which Lagos State was to take per time to be safe throughout the pandemic. This government copies everything. He could not for a time come up with his own idea for others to follow suit.

At a time, the Federal government announced restriction of movement between 10pm and 6am, it took Okowa months to realise that some people depends on night business to survive and these people are many in their numbers. The same thing happened during the #EndSars protest when curfew was placed around 6pm to 8am without considering travellers and businessmen and women going to far distances.

Even on 31st October 2020, he extended the curfew from 6pm to 8pm without a prior notice to the Nigerian Army and some other security agencies that were stationed at Shoprite area in Asaba about his ordeal to extend the time. They were still turning people back at 6PM; I got there around 6:40PM and I was telling the soldiers stationed there that the time has been extended to 8pm, they said I was just informing them now and they need to confirm from their boss. I was there for over 7 minutes before they started allowing vehicles to pass after making several calls to confirm the information I had passed to them. Does that not show incompetence in leadership and a gap between the government and its people?

Throughout the vast expanse of Delta state, there is no project or scheme I have seen where the Okowa government have initiated with their own idea. Everything being done are ideas other states have implemented in the past 5 to 10 years.

In my opinion, the giant state secretariat at Mariam Babangida Road with which his cabinet members utilize in singing choruses of their masters’ many achievement poses a very huge threat to the security.

This isn’t my prayer, but just imagine piling up all the ministries' department and agencies in the same place and there is a similar unrest in the state as the past Peaceful #Endsars protest were hoodlums hijacked and vandalized government facilities. It means all the ministry and agencies in the state can collapse at once as a result of a copy and paste leadership style of Okowa administration.

Better still, why not invest in the plethora empty lands in Asaba to build ministries and digitalize them so people can have access to services even from their homes, and not packing ministries together.

I can only imagine the load on traffic during working days in that axis once the secretariat becomes fully functional.

Okowa should brace up now. Sweet words and grammars does not bring meaningful development, but creative thinking which I stand for. Who Grammar help?!!

It is a pity that the bank of River Niger around Asaba which can attract massive development and jobs to the youths in the state capital sits redundant due to the inability of the Okowas' administration to see potential.

Many other things that ideas and not really money can do are all over Delta State but he fails to think towards these directions, all we hear is that there is no money but there is money to sponsor other state governors to win elections and do many other unprofitable and illogical personal investments.

Many other states are opening their economies with huge industries in the likes of agro-value chain but ours in Delta is a smart agenda mantra that is not smart at all. The Kwale industrial Park he promised he will build, he ended by telling us Covid-19 stopped it while other states despite covid-19 are doing greater things more than the industrial park.

- The 500 megawatts MoU he signed failed.

- The renovation of 25 health center he signed MoU for is nothing to write home about today.

Additionally
- The MoU he signed for Commercial city to be built has not been fruitful till date.

Now that all has been said and heard, let us put forth the conclusion of the whole matter here, Okowa should sit up and sit tight, bring sound minded individuals into his government, use capable hand and competent contractors in handling projects and rejects hand to hand project sign up. He should abort "Copy and Paste leadership, become a great leader for others to emulate. For without prejudice i score his administration 30% till we see better changes we desire.

By:
Hon. Lucky Dikadi Chukwunedum Oghale
Delta State 2019 Governorship Candidate and chairman Forum of Former State Party Chairmen, Delta State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=631931637825048&id=100030246514944

Sponsored social media attack dog
Re: Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor by oweniwe(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2021
Okowa is not really the problem, most of the people in Delta State have very low mentality.

If they have money, all they know is to carry woman, build cheap bungalows, drink beer and eat catfish pepper soup.

The Delta State civil service is filed up with many workers who cannot write a simple letter. All they know is collecting salary, back biting and going diabolical over schedule.

Those areas you mentioned, carry one small project there, they will use infighting and numerous meetings upon meetings and ego measurement to frustrate you.

How will you develop a state where people only care about organizing girls to have sex with?

If you want to develop delta state, you will have to bring people from outside to do it.

If you want to use the existing structures in Delta state, you are wasting your time
Re: Okowa: The Copy And Paste Governor by YourRealFather: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2021
So this OP just make me waste my precious time, dey read rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Why Africa Should Learn From Nigeria's N'assembly, -namibia Clerk, Kandeta / Which Countries Have The Biggest National Debt? / BREAKING NEWS : FG Launches Enhanced E-passport In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.