Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,208 members, 7,867,510 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:25 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu (24082 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by ShenTeh(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
Rubbish.

This will only make those lazy excavators rest on their oars.

Please dont give up until the last stone brick is turned.

Please.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by TheWolfen(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
Oga get to work
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Elidrisy20: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ur fada
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Explorers(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
So sad, 6 days already embarassed
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by sundamonex(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2021
RazorEdge:
STARTING SOON!!������

��E-BOOK/PAPERBACK PUBLISHING��

Do you wish to know how to publish and sell books on Amazon? Join our FREE 3 days Basic Training in preparation for the Masters Class to get certified.

- Acquire a lifetime skill
- Publish on Amazon
- Receive royalties
- Get a foreign bank account

Join us here ������
https:///CXTMLg8uuhZ78poITxLETg

Oga how much is the master class
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by blackboy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2021
It would only be a miracle to find survivors. Did anyone see how the heavy equipment worked? Did you see the equipment used? Do you know how long the equipment on Site stopped working instead of being used to save lives? Do you know why they stopped when the governor was addressing the press? Did you know that the rescue machines stopped working? No diesel? I lost a close family friend left behind a wife and a child barely 1 year. We need to train nema on proper rescue. Did you see how they brought out those alive from the rubble? Like dead animal carcass? Where were the stretchers?

11 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by joefelin2345: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
onthehill:
Ikoyi Building Collapse: It Will Be Tough To Find Survivors At This Time - Sanwo-Olu

Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that it would be tough to find survivors at this time from the rubble at the scene of the Ikoyi building collapse, IgbereTV reports.

The governor said this when he visited the site last night. He was asked by newsmen what the chances are to find survivors since the last time a survivor was brought out was more than 48 hours ago. Responding, he said

''It would be a tough one. It would be really really tough. It would be extremely extremely tough to imagine that we could probably still have survivors at this time."

https://www.facebook.com/channelsforum/videos/678503753129527/
What a foolish question from the journalist in the first place? Can any human being survived for so long inside the rubbles of the collapsed building? Nounsence.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by toujurs: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
With the rain that fell on friday, trust me they would be all dead, it's so sad cry, what panel is sanwo olu setting up, a panel to find out who gave governor's consent to the collapsed building or what undecided, This is obviously the result of connection and not credibility. It's a pity innocent souls were affected.

9 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
sapientia:
This is very insensitive

You need a boyfriend or husband

He stated a fact. I just said it's insensitive to those who have people there.

Telling them rescue will continue until no stone is left there can console them that government values them

With this his statement, hope you are aware rescue operation have been stopped mentally
There's nothing insensitive about the statement..

You think giving people false hope is being kind?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Empiree: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
It is simple Mr. Governor.

Declare the area "ground zero". Months and perhaps years from now you will continue to retrieve remains such as bones to conduct forensic files. And, please don't forget to prosecute contractors involved if truly you care.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Ladyken: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
God have mercy embarassed
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Zico777(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
Timblogga:
Cos you employed óde and Ádákás that can’t even use the life detector machine. Even some that would have survived, the bulldozer might have broken their head. How will rescue agents be going on break on the first day.
I even heard a girl called her family on phone from inside the debris crying, yet she was brought out dead.
You guys should just call it body recovery operation and not rescue mission.

Hmmm won tun de!
How on earth can someone dial her phone in rubbles? Haba nah!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by ojuu4u(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
Naija another name for hell fire

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by clayh(m): 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
so sad, i pray more survivals trapped inside to be found
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Eriokanmi: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ęlęnu...onisokuso
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Angelfrost(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2021
The rescue response was ridiculously poor and shameful!

Under normal circumstances, even soldiers and other bodies with massive equipments were supposed to have been deployed down there.

This is actually a national disaster... It beggars belief that not even a word has come forth from Aso Rock!

If it were a disaster in Canada, U.S or Saudi Arabia, most Nigerians starting from our president would have been comforting and "praying" for them!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by DeMekus: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2021
My only fear is the safety of survivors' skulls. How are the families going to identify their dead members when stinky coneheaded structures from the Waste are scavenging the site for skulls?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
Lagos State is poor in emergency response. Those who are assisting in the rescue may not be knowledgeable in disaster management.
I am disappointed with their efforts.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
Sad...in a better society, those rubbles won't take more than 24hrs to lift and even more effectively with less casualties.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by NotoriousBiggyS: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
Baawahala:
Sad...in a better society, those rubbles won't take more than 24hrs to lift and even more effectively with less casualties.

24hrs! What
Are you kidding me

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by SenecaTheYonger: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
BESTScientist1:
Except by God's divine orchestration....The way developers(many of who we know) build, patch, houses all in the name of money is amazing. 20 tipper of Sand with one bag of cement

They can’t do that with the pillars please. Soft blocks can’t cause this kind of
Collapse
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by techWriter3: 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
And no 'site' records.......some will never know the fate of their missing,. Well, need help with your assignment, project, thesis, or dissertation?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by delishpot: 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
Their yeye is smelling
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Valuc: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
I said it that they will soon stop the search... They have seen the body of the developer whick was the main aim of the hasty search... Abeg make Dem Bleep off

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Missyajoke(f): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
Today is my birthday abeeg celebrate with me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Noshitboi(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2021
Lampard told the world that with the present players he had that he's not sure of finishing in top 4 but Tuchel came and used same players to get to the top 4 and as well won the prestigious champions league cup with them.

I don yarn finish cool
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Righteousness2(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
I Believe there are still survivors in there and they will Found.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
NotoriousBiggyS:

24hrs! What
Are you kidding me
Not at all...
This is a national disaster at first not even a Lagos issue...more hands,better technology would have done that in that space of time...no sentiments attached but still that's the truth...

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by NotoriousBiggyS: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
Baawahala:

Not at all...
This is a national disaster at first not even a Lagos issue...more hands,better technology would have done that in that space of time...no sentiments attached but still that's the truth...

I don't think that would have been easy bro
This is 21story building blocks

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Bigpapi: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
Styluss:
just the reality... It wld be miraculous

Will you keep quiet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

London Fire: Muslims Up Early For Ramadan May Have Saved Tower Residents' Lives / The Making Of The " Asaba Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" / How Much Does Face Me I Face U Cost In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.