Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line (1282 Views)

Seyi Tinubu Bought $11 million London Mansion In 2017 - Bloomberg / ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US / FEC Approves $11.17 Billion Rail Project To Link All Coastal Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar Coastal Line

The government of Nigeria has approved the $11.17bn Lagos – Calabar coastal standard-gauge line, and confirmed contracts for the Kano – Jibia and Port Harcourt – Maiduguri lines.

The projects were announced by the minister of information and culture, Mr Lai Mohammed, who briefed local journalists following a Federal Executive Council (FEC) chaired by vice president, Mr Yemi Osinbajo, on August 4. Mohammed said two memos were approved during the meeting, including the ratification of the president’s approval for the award of contract for the Lagos – Calabar line.

“This particular route is very important because after the Lagos – Kano route, this Lagos – Calabar Coastal route will link all the coastal cities in the country,” he says.

The government announced in July that the London-based Standard Chartered Bank had agreed to provide $US 11bn in financing for the line, after an earlier agreement with the Export-Import (Exim) Bank of China fell through. The Federal Ministry of Transport signed an agreement with China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) in May 2014 to build the line.

The line will run from Lagos – Sagamu – Ijebu-Ode – Ore – Benin City – Sapele – Warri – Yenogoa – Port Harcourt – Aba – Uyo – Calabar – Akamkpa – Obudu Ranch, with branch lines from Benin-City to Agbor, Ogwashi-ukwu, Asaba, Onitsha and Onitsha Bridge and from Port Harcourt to Onne Deep Sea Port. The project will be constructed in two phases, with the first phase running between Calabar and Port Harcourt, while the second phase will run between Port Harcourt and Lagos through Onitsha.

The project will include the construction of 1402km of line, as well as 22 stations and ancillary facilities, administrative space, and level crossings. Other works include the installation of safety systems, electrical systems, lighting systems, and signalling systems, as well as the laying of tracks and electricity lines.

The second memo approved the funding for work on the Kano – Jibia and Port Harcourt – Maiduguri lines, construction of which is underway.

https://www.railjournal.com/infrastructure/nigeria-approves-us-11-17bn-lagos-calabar-coastal-line/
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by KingOfBoyz1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
Another scam..
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
KingOfBoyz1:
Another scam..

How is it a scam? The contract has been awarded. I'm sure people like you said 'scam' when Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kaduna, and Warri-Itakpe-Ajaokuta lines were being built and are now working perfectly. We really don't need your type in Nigeria. You're useless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by PrinceOfLagos: 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2021
Oga at the top's "Kickback" must be in billions

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by SILVERLINES: 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
Na today

Another project to be abandoned

Now they are about to go they approved such huge project

Useless government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Oga at the top's "Kickback" must be in billions

If YOU were that 'oga at the top', will YOU not collect the same billions?

99% of you that moan about Nigeria are just as corrupt and corruptible as any official out there, and would likely do worse if you held their positions. Without a doubt you would all grease your palms and enrich yourselves. It's the Nigerian way. So kindly spare us your holier-than-thou BS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by PrinceOfLagos: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
Reflect7:

If YOU were that 'oga at the top' will YOU not collect the same billions?

I am law abiding

I am not corrupt like our oga at the top
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Sonyboom765: 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ignore that lunatic.
Reflect7:

If YOU were that 'oga at the top', will YOU not collect the same billions?

99% of you that moan about Nigeria are just as corrupt as any official out there, and would likely do worse if you held their positions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by PrinceOfLagos: 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
Sonyboom765:
Ignore that lunatic.
Lol grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I am law abiding

I am not corrupt like our oga at the top

Abeg get lost.

You people come online pretending to be saints and angels.

Let them give you state governorship for one week, and you would turn a multi-millionaire in dollars.

I know it. You know it.

Now run along and let me hear word jare. Rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by PrinceOfLagos: 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
Reflect7:

Abeg get lost.

You people come online pretending to be saints. Let them give you state governorship for one week, and you would turn a mult-imillionaire in dollars.

I know it. You know it.

Now run along and let me hear word jare. Rubbish.

Why do you always think that everyone is as corrupt as Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Sammy07: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
Wow

Finally, rail will pass Ondo State

Fergie001, come rejoice with us
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
SILVERLINES:
Na today

Another project to be abandoned

Now they are about to go they approved such huge project

Useless government

Olodo. It will only be abandoned if you PDP crooks are allowed back into office. Which won't happen, so we will see it to completion, just like the other railways lines that have been completed by this govt.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by dasparrow: 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
That is good if they are able to start and finish the project.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by streetsoldier1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
amaechi is the richest man in africa, if you know you know!!! you u dun gerrit, forget abourit
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
dasparrow:
That is good if they are able to start and finish the project.

They've started and finished other rail projects, so they will start and finish this one too.

There is no room for 'abandoned projects' in the Buhari administration.

You dull-headed people should have learned that by now.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Why do you always think that everyone is as corrupt as Tinubu

Who mentioned Tinubu?

I mentioned YOU.

If YOU were appointed to high public office, YOU would use that position to enrich yourself.

I know it, You know it. Now shut up and run along.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by PrinceOfLagos: 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
Reflect7:

Who mentioned Tinubu?

I mentioned YOU.

If YOU were appointed to high public office, YOU would use that position to enrich yourself.

You've proven countless times on here with your comment that you cannot be trusted with money and everyone cannot be like you
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Reflect7: 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You've proven countless times on here with your comment that you cannot be trusted with money and everyone cannot be like you

Yawwnnnn. I'm sure Nigerians are way smarter than to ''trust'' you with their multibillion dollar budget.

Mr Saint (Until you see power, then na siren everywhere plus trips to Milan for wifey on Gucci shopping. THIEF.)
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by fergie001: 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
Sammy07:
Wow

Finally, rail will pass Ondo State

, come rejoice with us
Na una get Govt nah, make una enjoy/
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by PrinceOfLagos: 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
Reflect7:

Yawwnnnn. I'm sure Nigerians are way smarter than to ''trust'' you with their multibillion dollar budget.

Mr Saint (Until you see power, then na siren everywhere plus trips to Naples for wifey on Gucci shopping. THIEF.)
You're obviously a yahoo boy that cannot be trusted with public money grin

You even know Naples and Gucci

Gucci is yahoo yahoo boys and girls most liked designer brand

I will advice that you change your ways or else , the long arm of the law with grab you by the collar quick ..
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Sammy07: 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
fergie001:

Na una get Govt nah, make una enjoy/

grin
Even passing through Ore, Economy headquarter of Ondo issa great achievement.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by streetsoldier1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
why the long distance nah, why not the coastal cities abi na town, and that will bring development to those area, why not something like , Lagos- igbokoda-mahin-ajapa-Jakpa-Forcados-Igbematoru-nembe -Ikot Abasi- eket.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by boogietrends: 2:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Naija for show cheesy See the route of the railway here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ1vn8_WFWA
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Namnam: 2:31am On Nov 07, 2021
Jesus they really are spending a lot on infrastructure lately, and for good reasons props up businesses and generally increases labour productivity
First there was the 37 billion power rail and infrastructure initiative
Then the 3 billion housing boost
Then the announcement private energy companies are looking into solar tech
And now with this new rail line small businesses have opportunities to take in tax revenue for the government
Things are looking good for the economy smiley
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by KingOfBoyz1(m): 6:31am On Nov 07, 2021
Reflect7:

How is it a scam? The contract has been awarded. I'm sure people like you said 'scam' when Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kaduna, and Warri-Itakpe-Ajaokuta lines were being built and are now working perfectly. We really don't need your type in Nigeria. You're useless.
who be this fool grin real niggas don't associate or live in Nigeria embarassed
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by JAMO84: 6:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Bad news for PDP Dundees and IPOB terrorists.

Before you call this fraud, remember this government delivered Lagos Ibadan rail in three years.
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by SILVERLINES: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2021
Reflect7:

Olodo. It will only be abandoned if you PDP crooks are allowed back into office. Which won't happen, so we will see it to completion, just like the other railways lines that have been completed by this govt.
everyone knows that APC supporters are mad including you
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by kettykin: 7:31am On Nov 07, 2021
Waste of money
Re: Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line by Afamed: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Reflect7:

Who mentioned Tinubu?

I mentioned YOU.

Stop wasting your time with that little kid. He has nothing to offer. Kindly ignore him

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Shiver In Fear As They See Ijele Face2face In Abuja - VIDEO / "Don't Disgrace Yourself" - Lalasticlala Warns Jonathan Against Joining APC / Boss Revolution To Disconnect All Calls To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.