Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? (19086 Views)

Anambra2021: Ihiala LGA Election Will Hold Tomorrow 9th November 2021. / Anambra2021: Where Are The 230,201 APC Members Who Voted In The Primaries? / Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Theevilone(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
People shared money at the Polling-units as usual, others shared Malt And Gala shaa..
But I don't think those ones affected the choices of voters much.
the sharing of malt thing trended before yesterday, there is no such thing yesterday, I wonder where people see all these while we on ground are not seeing it.
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Fiestafetta: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2021
Focusmind:
OP is trying to gather some statiscal information for her employer. It seems she works for Arise tv. Nothing wrong with your intention o.
Sometimes, you take stock to know how your activities affected the overall outcomes of any undertaken.

Focummind good morning, please I tried sending you mail..... I want to ask you about something. Thank you.... Fiestafetta@gmail.com
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by patrickmuf(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2021
helinues:
No, Pdp candidate performed better than the others during the debate but now possibly in 3rd position.

DR Maduka's names and party are not even showig up in some of the results.

Here is Nigeria, not Amelica
In most interviews, Maduka didn't appear like someone who had grasp of what the situation in Anambra was like and what it took to turn things around or maintain the momentum where things were going on smoothly... He simply was banking on philanthropic works.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by MrMacinterchi1: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
YES..
Right in front of me at the Polling-unit.
All the parties were sharing something to those that voted for their party, while the election was going on.
Some were sharing N1k..
Others were sharing N2k..
Others were sharing Malt and Gala.
The other video you saw (about malt and N400) happened some days before the election naa..
Even the video of rejected N5k happened some days before the election.
None of the videos you mentioned happened on the election day.
young man, the 5k rejected money happened on the day of the election and there are many more of such incidents that were not captioned. Politics will always play its dirty game just that such things doesn't change voters mind again.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Scarfin(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
Omicron007:
shocked

This is not America or other advanced natons where voters are interested in manifestos, policy analysis and plan.

In Nigeria, the electorates dwell more on the party and it's existing structure.
Any other candidate except Soludo on the ballot of APGA could have amassed the support of the people.

Don't know how Nigerian homies got this very hallowed idea of especially America. The voters there are actually more fickle in their electoral decisions than Nigerians.
Debates don't sway nobody.
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by OfficialAPCNig: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
It made me realize how empty headed Andy is.

I thought dude get sense.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Franc2012: 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Soludo all the way
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Arabaincubus: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Yes, that debate finished Andy Ubah. He came out as completely MT.

He never exhausted the time giving to him while the other candidates, especially the APGA candidate was always needing extra time to explain his program.

I am glad that the election is a true reflection of the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Okwyjesus(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
cpu2006:
SOLUDO is an asset to Anambra state. The best among them all

Am interested in Soludo though from Abia. Our hopeful lgbo President.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Cassandrax: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
It would have affected my decision if I had voted.

The reason I was disappointed in our sophisticated yoruba brethrens is because they massively voted buhari after buhari ran away from debate twice. They even fought with foreigners especially with Igbos in PDP strong holds. The condition we find ourselves in this country today is as a result of the actions of the SW and North.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by one4GOD(f): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
I need individual inputs on this discussion.
Did the Governorship Debates and the isolated interviews and media engagements with the Governorship Candidates affect your choice of Voting in the Anambra Governorship Election??
As for me,, the Answer is YES.!!
The Arise-TV Governorship Debate of 1st November 2021 greatly affected my decision.
Before the debate, I had no single candidate in mind to vote for.
I used to count all of them as crooks.
But after listening to the debate, and after digested their views and their approaches to governance, I made a decision.

Please... I don't need anybody to come out and be telling us the particular candidate he/she voted for.
I just need to know the reasons behind your decisions.
APC, reigning thief, PDP, past thief but APGA baby thief, so I think its safer to stay with the baby thief.....
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by one4GOD(f): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
So....
What about you that is reading this??
Did any of the debates or interviews or media engagements affect your decision on which candidate to vote for??
Or you had a candidate in your mind all the while, and nothing shook your earliest decisions, and you finally voted for that same candidate that had always been in your mind??
(In other words,, what prompted your decision for the Candidate you voted for??)
I don't need anybody to tell me the particular candidate he/she voted for.
I all I need is the reason behind your decisions.
you ddnt read the article, you just jump in, mtchewwww
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Humulity: 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Fact number one; there was no light in Anambra State on the day of the debate.
Fact number two; most of the people that votes do not watch nor listen to the debate.
Truth is that over 95% of the actual voters are not aware what you're talking about.
An APGA candidate especially in Anambra State is already Miles ahead of others. Before Obiano became Governor, he is not known in Anambra State. Even as Governor he is not popular with the people, APGA is the Legacy that sustained him.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Zenithh: 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
franudi:
I always had Soludo in my mind. I want APGA to continue their good work in Anambra state. Although, I have always been their victim. First, the pursued my wife away from her shop during Peter Obi's time. Secondly, during this Obiano's time they also pursued me and my brothers away from the only shop our father left for us. But, generally, APGA has done well for Anambra people. I voted for Soludo the solution.

Why are Anambra pple pursuing your family from your forefathers shop? grin

Tell us wetin una do..your post funny sha

2 Likes

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Zenithh: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Humulity:
Fact number one; there was no light in Anambra State on the day of the debate.
Fact number two; most of the people that votes do not watch nor listen to the debate.
Truth is that over 95% of the actual voters are not aware what you're talking about.
An APGA candidate especially in Anambra State is already Miles ahead of others. Before Obiano became Governor, he is not known in Anambra State. Even as Governor he is not popular with the people, APGA is the Legacy that sustained him.

The next four years will determine if APGA will continue in Anambra. I learnt Anambra gave the last administration 45/100. The last straw will be in four years time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Zenithh: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Am interested in Soludo though from Abia. Our hopeful lgbo President.
Lol
Ibo president? I thought u pple said una no want presidency? grin

‘No erection’ but erection still held in d southeast. This our Ibo brethren what exactly is u pples problem?
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Okwyjesus(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Zenithh:

Lol
Ibo president? I thought u pple said una no want presidency? grin

‘No erection’ but erection still held in d southeast. This our Ibo brethren what exactly is u pples problem?

What exactly does South West want?

Tinubu as President?
Osibanjo as President?
Oduduwa Republic?

Are you related to Buhari to assume all lgbos are IPOB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Fordzzy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
helinues:
No, Pdp candidate performed better than the others during the debate but now possibly in 3rd position.

The people's choice grin
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by udeh3(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
Yes. I listened to the contenders during the debate. Though, I'm not from Anambra State, but if I wanted to vote if given the opportunity to, that Valentine guy takes my vote. He's a future asset to that state. He stood out in the show and became more popular. Infact, at work, my MD had to go deep in finding out many things about him

He's a new person in the game. Soludo was lucky to be popular, courtesy of being a one time CBN governor. He disappointed me during the debate. He spoke like a regular politician. Though, I already knew he will win

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by ChimaAdeoye: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
I need individual inputs on this discussion.
Did the Governorship Debates and the isolated interviews and media engagements with the Governorship Candidates affect your choice of Voting in the Anambra Governorship Election??
As for me,, the Answer is YES.!!
The Arise-TV Governorship Debate of 1st November 2021 greatly affected my decision.
Before the debate, I had no single candidate in mind to vote for.
I used to count all of them as crooks.
But after listening to the debate, and after digested their views and their approaches to governance, I made a decision.

Please... I don't need anybody to come out and be telling us the particular candidate he/she voted for.
I just need to know the reasons behind your decisions.

The debate had very little impact.

APC choice of a known crook like Andy Uba sealed any chance at all. What happened to men like Dr. Ngige etc who had good track record of performance and well educated to match Soludo's pedigree.

It is bad enough that APC is not a popular party but if you chose an outstanding candidate with track record of performance, some people will vote for the high quality candidate not really for the party

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Jimmy231: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
HelloWriter:

In Nigeria? No. As far as a Nigerian politician is concerned, I am permanently in the DOUBTING MODE. So, their words at the debates can't convince me. I rather think about their track records over many years. We have so many bad leaders in Nigeria because they scam us with sweet words and Greek gifts. Nigerians deserve bad leaders due to their incurable stupidity.i just have to quote you

Look at Soludo. Just his name sold him. They say that he is SOLUDO SOLUTION. What unique solutions has Soludo given in the past?

The other time, millions of Nigerians forgot Atiku's long corruption records just because his marketers created the word 'ATIKULATE'. Buhari came shouting CHANGE and multimillion Nigerians forgot that he ruled the country 30 years earlier and his rule created high levels of austerity.

Just like the op getting convinced by a TV debate of less than 2 hrs. So, you now hand over your next 8 years to someone based on a 2-hour event only? Then, why are we complaining about politicians when our stupidity is our number 1 problem?
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by gentleibraheem(m): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Is it not until people understand and appreciate what they're debating about.
The rate of ignorance in our country is underestimated.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by JOemmy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Most anambra people didn't even watched that debate on arise tv apga already have a cult like following in the whole of anambra state anyone hoping on apc to win the state is just day dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Franky9584(m): 8:04am On Nov 08, 2021
I dont think the debate played any part...if it were to be by debate, Ozigbo would have it because Soludo was busy castigating Andy

1 Like

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by Humulity: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2021
Online analysis is inconsequential in Anambra Governoship election. Spend the last two weeks before the election to have a first hand experience of what APGA is in Anambra.

Zenithh:

The next four years will determine if APGA will continue in Anambra. I learnt Anambra gave the last administration 45/100. The last straw will be in four years time
Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Circuitlord:
Certainly!

I made bold to say that after I watched the debate, almost all contestants in this election are preeminently qualified except the Uba of APC. YES!
And thankfully, he has been DISGRACED!
Soludo won the debate though...

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
helinues:

But Soludo won the debate shaa..

Re: Anambra2021: Did The Governorship Debates Affect The Decision Of The Voters? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
YES.. It does, that PDP guy was able to garner some votes because of his performance.
Also people saw how empty Andy Uba is.
Soludo Won The Debate..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PEPT: Military, Police Warn Protesters As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Tomorrow / Police Ignore Woman Trappped Under Trailer / DSS To Question Gumi For Alleging Military Collusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.