Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer (1430 Views)

Tinubu: Sheikh Khalifa, Great Reformer, Visionary Leader / Venezuela Using Nigerian Influencers To Wage Twitter War - Financial Times / Trump Said Buhari Is So Lifeless - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
Professor Chukwuma C. Soludo was born on 28th July, 1960, and hails from Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State. After his secondary school education, he proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, where he graduated with a first class degree in Economics. He also undertook his post-graduate and doctorate degrees in Economics from the same University winning on both occasions, the prize for the best graduating student.

Soludo had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training in some of the world's most prestigious institutions, including: The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Cambridge, UK, as Smuts Research Fellow and Fellow of the Wolfson College; the UN Economic Commission for Africa as a Post-Doctoral Fellow; University of Warwick as a Visiting scholar and Visiting Research Scholar at Center for African Economies, University of Oxford (with funding by the Rhodes committee). He also attended over a dozen specialized courses and has had extensive research, teaching and consultancy works in different areas of economics.

He has worked at the World Bank both as a short and long-term consultant since 1993 and also at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa. He was a consultant to UNCTAD; European Union (EU); Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD); United Nations (UN) New York; United States Agency for International Development (USAID); African Development Bank (ADB); Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA); African Union (AU); International Development Research Council (IDRC) Canada; Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA); Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS); among others.

Professor Soludo has served as Senior Technical Advisor/Consultant as well as a Visiting Scholar at the IMF since 1994, and also taught IMF's Financial Programming and Policy course to senior staff of Central Banks in West Africa and other developing regions. He has served as: Member, Technical Committees that drafted economic and trade policies for the Federal Government of Nigeria; and Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics (AlAE).

Professor Soludo joined the Federal Government of Nigeria in July 2003 as the Economic Adviser to President Obasanjo and the Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (NPC). Among other accomplishments during the 10 months in office, he was the Chairman/Coordinator of the team that drafted Nigeria's economic and social reform program (2003-2007), the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS), and also pioneered the collaborative planning framework in the Nigerian federation by initiating and assisting state governments in designing their State Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (SEEDS).
As Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria since May, 2004, Prof. Soludo has refocused the Central Bank as an effective monetary authority and successfully implemented a fundamental restructuring which has led to unprecedented consolidation of the Nigerian banking system.

On account of this, the Nigerian banking system has been rated the fastest growing in Africa and one of the fastest growing in the world. He has also championed the establishment of the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), a continental, private -sector driven, investment bank. He is promoting the Financial System Strategy 2020 (FSS 2020), the blue-print to grow Nigeria's financial system to become Africa's financial hub and to drive the Nigerian economy into the global league of top 20 economies by 2020. For his achievements, Professor Soludo is the recipient of scores of awards and recognitions from civil society organizations; NGOs; private sector organizations; religious groups; the Press; professional associations; student unions; universities; among others. The Financial Times of London has described him as Ita Great Reformer'. He is the winner of the 'Global and African Central Bank Governor of the Year, in 2005, 2006 and 2007 by different international media institutions including The Banker Magazine published by the Financial Times of London.

He is currently a Member of the International Advisory Group for the UK-DFID; a member of the Chief Economist Advisory Council of the World Bank and the International Advisory Group of the UK Department for International Development (DFID). He is also a member of the Initiative for Policy Dialogue (IPD), a global network of more than 200 leading economists, political scientists, and practitioners to help developing countries explore policy alternatives, and enable wider civic participation in economic policymaking. He holds Nigeria's third highest national honour of Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (CFR). He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (NES) and has been awarded D.SC (Honoris Causa) by the University of Calabar and also by the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/AboutCBN/TheBoard.asp?Biodata=soludo&Name=Prof.+Chukwuma+C.+Soludo%2C+CFR

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by 10mobile: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Now, he is Governor AGAIN. From CBN to Anambra. He'll know that State Governor is different from Central Bank Governor.
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by helinues: 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
It's very good to have someone like Soludo as Anambra state govenror, A professor and former CBN governor

Very certain that Soludo would tap into Anambra's potentials in everything

4 Likes

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Prof Soludo was awarded best African and Global Central Bank Governor of the Year 2005, 2006 and 2007 by 'The Banker' magazine.

3 Likes

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by IamWonderful: 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Alright
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by athaboi(f): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
He's Excellency! May you succeed but please don't be hard on people....he seem to be a bit difficult person

1 Like

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by nzeobi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
helinues:

It's very good to have someone like Soludo as Anambra state govenror, A professor and former CBN governor

Very certain that Soludo would tap into Anambra's potentials in everything

So you are no longer supporting Andy uba

1 Like

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by TotoGame(m): 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congrats "Charlie nwa-mgbafor" as he's well known in Anambra
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by mu2sa2: 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
As governor of Anambra one of his biggest challenges will be security. He will have to either crush ipob and its affiliates or keep trying to appease them in vain.
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
mu2sa2:
As governor of Anambra one of his biggest challenges will be security. He will have to either crush ipob and its affiliates or keep trying to appease them in vain.
Anambra have no security problem not until election

4 Likes

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by EasternActivist: 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
mu2sa2:

Crush IPOB, like what have they done for such!?!

2 Likes

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by Stanweezy(m): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Anambra my state
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by EraseTheDot: 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Soludo is a propagandist and an incompetent bank chief. His poor handling of the country's monetary policies sets us a decade backward.
I dare anyone to list his achievements as Cbn Governor.

- erase the dot
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by CrownOfClay724: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
EraseTheDot:
Soludo is a propagandist and an incompetent bank chief. His poor handling of the country's monetary policies sets us a decade backward.

- erase the dot

Honestly,

I feel your pain.

Pelé

5 Likes

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by slivertongue: 12:00am On Nov 08, 2021
We are waiting to see rhetorics turn to deliverables
Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:33am On Nov 08, 2021
EraseTheDot:

- erase the dot
I feel your pain tongue tongue

Watchout Anambra under Prof Soludo grin grin when your state is under the care of incompetent governor, Anambra people are very smart �

1 Like

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:51am On Nov 10, 2021
Since my days in University, I have been admiring his quality leadership, I always tune to Federal radio corporation 7 am news then to hear his voice, I have been praying and dreaming for Prof Soludo to take over mantle of leadership in Anambra, when he contested and didn't succeed I felt so bad, now my dream has come to reality, I'm very optimistic he will do well, because he know his mandate is God's mandate and was driven by those that admire and cherish him, more than 47 self funding groups first in history of Anambra, many of our wealthy guys openly endorsed and supported him, they trust in him, I know with his wealth of experience and contacts Soludo will bring them together, Gov Obiano tried preaching Aku lu uno, many responded Prof Soludo will take it to higher level, I know he will not fail his pedigree is at stake , I have followed his antecedents when he was CBN Governor, all his transformations, I once wrote to him then and he replied me, congratulations to Us, forward ever back never, this is governor Obiano greatest legacy.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Financial Times London Described Anambra governor elect as a Great Reformer by CSTRR: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2021
EraseTheDot:

- erase the dot
You are a clown.

His capitalization policy is the reason why banks are stronger now and are not crashing anyhow like they used to.

He forced smaller banks to merge and create capital.

He was the most effective CBN governor since 1999 till date.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Residents In South-east Nigeria, Others Desert Homes Over Rise In Ritual Killing / Nnamdi Kanu, See Your Mates. / No Presidential Aspirants Of The 4 Major Party Should boycott Next Year Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.