Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder (11721 Views)

Recommend A Good Oil Free Foundation And Compact Powder For A Fair Skin. / Makeup War:marykay Powder VS Mac Studio Fix / M.a.c Compact Powder Versus Iman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by Ameena(f): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2007
Chicks in the house, whats up!!! Abeg ladies put me through o.

I actually use mary kay compact powder which suits me well, but lately, I've been hearing so much about this MAC powder that i decided 2 give it a try. Everyone i know talks so glowingly about this powder that i couldn't even wait to use it. I eventually got it & boy, was i so disappointed? I got it (the studio fit) with a colleague of mine who also has the same complaints.

The powder appears so white on ma face, it's not as if it's not my colour but i really don't understand why or is that how the powder is supposed to be? it also seems very oily. I'd really like to know if I'm supposed to use it along wit something or if there's a special way it is bin applied because it's really not funny spending all that money to get it ,only to be disappointed at the end.

Don't think it's not my colour because I'm totally sure it's my colour. Ladies, what do you think?
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by PTBNaija(f): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2007
There's not a special way to apply the powder. I think you should lotion your face (in case you are not doing that before you apply the powder). And then use this Mary Kay oil mattifier. . .that should take care of your oil. The powder itself can't be making you oily (studio fix right?). That's supposed to suck up oil, good for oily skin.

Also, are you sure you have the right color for your skin tone? Sometimes you might need to go a little darker, or lighter to really match your skin. It's supposed to change to perfectly match your skin maybe within and hour. I never had a problem with the powder. Try an oil-free moisturizer and then the mattifier. If you still have a problem, we can try to figure it out.
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by tunmininu(f): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2007
@Ameena,it could be that u didn't buy your perfect color, It has happened to me before,i bought Mary Kay compact powder and the shop i bought it,the lady that sold it for me said that i don't need to test it cos it was my perfect color.
When i got home and i rubbed it on,i was disappointed,i was looking darker than i looked until i got another one which suits me me very well.
So,it could be that u didn't get the right color cos i have a friend who uses MAC and kiss,its very very beautiful on her.
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by suze(f): 11:40am On Jul 26, 2007
I use Mac too. NW-45. it looks greyish initially when i use it on my face but then in about 5-10mins after my facxe has absorbed it, d greyness disappears.But its always better to use lotion on the face first ba applying the powder
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by Islander(f): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2007
Both MAC and MARYKAY are over-rated. MAC's conception of what is right for people of darker undertones is based on a "pinkish" test( it's just a term used to test your skin against their shades) MaryKay, over the past years have revamped their products to cater for people of colour. Not too long ago this line of cosmetics was primarily geared towards causacians.

Honestly, though I have and use both product lines, I would advise women of colour to use either Iman or Tally Young's(Nigerian cosmotologist) products. Cover girl Tru blend has also launched a branch of products specifically designed for our skin tones,
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by suze(f): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2007
@ Islander .Are u saying Iman and cover girl is better than Mac.I have a friend that uses Iman,She mixes the two. She uses Mac under and Iman on top.And the mixture really suits her. But she says Mac is better. The thing now is geting the right colour of Iman to suit me.
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by Islander(f): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2007
suze:

@ Islander .Are u saying Iman and cover girl is better than Mac.I have a friend that uses Iman,She mixes the two. She uses Mac under and Iman on top.And the mixture really suits her. But she says Mac is better. The thing now is geting the right colour of Iman to suit me.

I am not saying that MAC is not a great product. What I am stressing is that MAC is more catered towards runway modelling. Have you ever noticed how easily it is for someone to detect you are wearing makeup when you cover up with MAC's studiotech or studio fix? I find their products to be very heavy.

Iman and even Tally Young's products are a bit on the lighter side. With regards to the mixing of makeup, it is one of my many beauty tips. I personally find that they work better that way.

What you should do when testing your make up, match it against the darkest area around the neck. By so doing you tend make a better judgement on the correct shade.

Best of luck,
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by MySmallWorld: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
I started with Black Opal then to Cover Girl, I did Iman, Flori Roberts, Mary Kay and then MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation. There I've stayed put for 2 years and counting. It.Is.The.Best! So mayb, there's a possibility Ü didn't buy the right color. ( I use NC 55) or Ü bought fake.

http://inez-mysmallworld..com
Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by MySmallWorld: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Islander:

I am not saying that MAC is not a great product. What I am stressing is that MAC is more catered towards runway modelling. Have you ever noticed how easily it is for someone to detect you are wearing makeup when you cover up with MAC's studiotech or studio fix? I find their products to be very heavy.

Iman and even Tally Young's products are a bit on the lighter side. With regards to the mixing of makeup, it is one of my many beauty tips. I personally find that they work better that way.

What you should do when testing your make up, match it against the darkest area around the neck. By so doing you tend make a better judgement on the correct shade.

Best of luck,

Oh, please. MAC is not meant for runway modeling. Understand how to apply the product before Ü complain. Use a kabuki brush for light to medium coverage and the foam pad in the case for full coverage and you MUST remember "A little goes a long way" that's why it is expensive.

Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by MySmallWorld: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2013
Islander:

Best of luck,

Oh, please. MAC is not meant for runway modeling. Understand how to apply the product before Ü complain. Use a kabuki brush for light to medium coverage and the foam pad in the case for full coverage and you MUST remember "A little goes a long way" that's why it is expensive.

Re: Mary Kay Compact Powder Vs MAC Powder by Hellrazor101: 11:10am On Apr 07, 2020
Advertise on www.realrastas.com.ng at low price as low as ₦3,000

(1) (Reply)

See The 2018 Nafest Beauty Queens On Display In Port Harcourt / Guinea Native Styles / What Is Wrong With Saggy Pants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.