Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity (18585 Views)

Trending In Futo: Over 170 Computer Science Students (300l) Bag "F" In Phy 201 / About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by etokhana: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU)’s probe panel has cleared the Governing Council and the management of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) of infractions in the appointment of the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ibrahim Pantami, as a Professor of Cybersecurity.

It said the university followed due process and subjected Pantami’s publications to evaluation by external assessors and also established a prima facie case for him to be appointed a Professor of Cybersecurity.

A copy of the report signed by the Chairman of the committee, Prof M. S. Nwakaudu and four other members said: “From our findings and evidence before the panel, members are of the opinion that the appointment of Dr Isa Ibrahim as a Professor of Cybersecurity by the FUTO Governing Council followed due process.

“The panel strongly recommends that the University management should as a matter of urgency take appropriate actions, including legal action, against those who deliberately try to drag the image and reputation of FUTO to the mud,” it added.

The report noted that following some misgivings over the appointment of Pantami as a Professor in the School of Information and Communication Technology (SICT), the ASUU FUTO’s Congress on September 22nd, 2021 set up the investigation committee.

According to the document, the panel was mandated within seven days to “ascertain whether or not” due process was applied in the appointment of Pantami as a Professor of Cybersecurity by the Governing Council of FUTO.

It said the Dean of SICT assessed the publications and productive works using the FUTO Guidelines for Appointment and Promotion and established a prima facie case for him to be appointed a Professor of Cybersecurity.

It added that the prima facie case was presented to the Academic Staff Appraisal and Promotion Committee- Professorial (ASAPC-Professorial) and the committee discussed the issue and recommended the same for approval by the FUTO Council.

https://dailytrust.com/panel-clears-futo-over-appointment-of-pantami-as-professor-of-cybersecurity

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by slawormiir: 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Wetin Pantami know

Dey appoint am as professor of cyber security

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Amotolongbo(f): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nothing goes wrong in Nigeria again.

Everything is right

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Observer20: 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by sirjoggy(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
do you expect them to go against Mr president and the imo state governor before lol

our eyes go open when this people dealth enough with south intelligence

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lol
What will the dunderhead teach aside Islamic fanaticism
Rubbish

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by ovye15: 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Why dem no go clear FUTO? what were you expecting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by havilah050: 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by tikilop: 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
“Oh God, give victory to the Taliban and to al-Qaeda"
“...jihad is an obligation for every single believer, especially in Nigeria."-Pantami

Also speaking after the death of the notorious Al-Qaeda leader, Isa Pantami said,

“..May God have mercy on Ahmad Fadeel al-Khalayleh "

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isa_Ali_Pantami

Professor of Extremism

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by elbaraj2020(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2021

7 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Prosperous111(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Seequadry(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
This life sef....pamtanmi as a lecturer

The guy is just trying to use every opportunity to build a reputable CV for himself...

Wldnt blaim him tho, the guy is smart

1 Like

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by jospepper(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nigerian Magic! Everywhere stinks.

9 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Bold78(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
I wonder oh
Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by doctore212(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
My mother in law is insisting that I should name my child Yemisi Olanikpu Olaniyi.

I don't want because all the names have terrible meaning in Igbo

What should I do

1 Like

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by ibto75(m): 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
Rubbish
Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by adamsmith914: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Wetin Pantami know

Dey appoint am as professor of cyber security
Probably knows a lot more than those Professors @ Ambrose Alli University?

11 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by greggng: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=Illuminatiship post=107418808]THIS WORLD IS COMING TO AN END���

If you are in Abuja, pls be careful... I heard it yesterday.. It happened at Sheraton hotel, the world is becoming more scary o ....
A newly married man saw a student dressed seductively... She was just too sexy to8 overlook.... He picked her up and abandoned the way home to a hotel...... He lodged in with her and in less than 5 mins he was on top of her.... The lady was as flexible as a snake.... Her Moanings sounded like a hissing snake.... The man was so carried away with her
moves and didn't really give his concern to it.... The married man had sex with her over and over again and even paid her more than the bargained.... But told her to stay with him tonight. He woke up an hour later having the intentions of having another round with her but he didn't find her on the bed..... He heard hissing sounds in the bathroom.....he opened the door his heart drummed heavily as he saw two big pythons talking to each other he screamed.......
The pythons leaped on him.... He ran to the door and found it locked .... The pythons crawled to him ready to strike....
He shouted..... He finally felt something cold and cycler with scales trying to swallow him.... . He struggled but the pythons have already pined him down...
His head and chest was already inside the mouth...... the snakes poisonous saliva has covered his face....
He tried to shout but he couldn't.... He kicked the snake but the snake was too strong... Then he had to bite the snake's tongue and then tickled the snake and the snake started laughing... the snake got wounded and involuntary vomited him.
The only problem is I don't know how to end this fake yeye story that you guys have been reading since.... you too like story, ...
You can come and catch me if you too vex for this Yeye Fake story cos na so I vex too���.
GREETINGS from this side....I love you all�

Don't be angry alone��[/quot

Na comedy fits u ..

9 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by NoSentiment: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bolango7:
Terrorist parading as professor of Cybersecurity

Only in Nigeria

Oyedepo and Adeboye are the real terrorists.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by wpadmin: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congrats to him

2 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by adamsmith914: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
ibto75:
Rubbish
Sorry hurry go try find something eat on time before you loose your appetite.

6 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Earlystar698(m): 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Those that cleared the terrorist pantami are mad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by JoeRizzla(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Terrorist of cyber security.
puff my rizzla

4 Likes

Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by shankara7: 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
FUTO doesn't cut corners from day one.
Re: Panel Clears FUTO Over Appointment Of Pantami As Professor Of Cybersecurity by Shellsploit: 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked

He should show us his certificate of a licensed penetration tester and certificate of ethical hacker to start with!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alleged Extremist Group In OAU Has Support Of Buhari’s Cabinet Member – DSA / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.