Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola (1111 Views)

Some Nigerians Don’t Want Power Sector To Work – Minister Of Power, Adelabu / Governor Ortom Serves His Aides Food To Appreciate Their Services [PHOTOS] / Lai Mohammed: Lockdown Will Be Extended If Nigerians Don’t Behave Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by akelicious(m): 5:51am On Nov 08, 2021
Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola has said Nigerians don’t appreciate their presidents until they are dead.

Fashola stated this as a guest speaker at the Yoruba Tennis Club public lecture.

He blamed it on the poor understanding of the powers of a president.

The former Governor of Lagos State also said lack of proper interaction between the president and Nigerians was responsible for citizens not liking their presidents while alive.

“Of all the Presidents we have had, Nigerians never loved any one of them while in office; we seem to love them after they have left or died.

“Why is that so? To me, the answer is lack of depth in interaction.

“Nigerians are not sufficiently familiar with the constitution and the role of which offices are expected to play. It seems to me that we are expecting the right thing from the wrong place,” he sai

https://www.akelicious.net/nigerians-dont-appreciate-their-presidents-until-they-die-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by daddytime(m): 5:57am On Nov 08, 2021
We should be more worried and discussing why it always seems that the former is always lauded more than the present in our body polity.

It goes to show that there is something inherently flawed in our system, choices, selections, and elections.

I shudder to think of anyone praising and wishing the present regime was still in charge by the time the next one comes on board.

That one go be final knock out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Rossonero: 6:06am On Nov 08, 2021
Yeah true talk but wait oo which President in this case? And again the present President always makes us feel the last was better. Why should we appreciate you when you could not fix same problems we want fixed?.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Aufbauh(m): 6:07am On Nov 08, 2021
The simple reason is because we are unable to identify or understand the root cause of our problems.

In the word of Albert Einstein, the confusion of goals and perfection of means seem to be our problems.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Coolsperm: 6:07am On Nov 08, 2021
So you mean we should appreciate Bola Tinubu, the bullon van thi.ef, and leader of YMM
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by kettykin: 6:09am On Nov 08, 2021
This despondency they are displaying now is not how they started in 2015 . They are changing narratives too suddenly.

A president that went about promising to bring back the country to how it was in 1970 is now talking about how he will be missed when he dies.

What could have gone wrong
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:11am On Nov 08, 2021
akelicious:

The former Governor of Lagos State also said lack of proper interaction between the president and Nigerians was responsible for citizens not liking their presidents while alive.

“Of all the Presidents we have had, Nigerians never loved any one of them while in office; we seem to love them after they have left or died.

https://www.akelicious.net/nigerians-dont-appreciate-their-presidents-until-they-die-fashola/
Coming from Fashola that hardly saw anything good in Goodluck Jonathan

Was Jonathan not communicating or co-operative enough
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by FreedomArmy: 6:15am On Nov 08, 2021
Nobody will mourn buhari when he is gone. That will be one less evil removed from Nigeria and the whole of humanity

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:16am On Nov 08, 2021
No leader is perfect but there are some good things they did that endeared them to the heart of Nigerians!

Obasanjo will not be forgotten for our debt cancellation, bringing development via introduction of GSM in Nigeria!

Even though had the power to insist on his 3rd bid, he bowed out!

Jonathan refused the shedding of blood on his behalf, he bowed out

What has the northern presidents brought us At what cost

So Nigerians are appreciative to those deserving!
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Borntodie: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Maybe they should all just die.. I will appreciate them alot. Cause all politicians are useless in the real sense of the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:19am On Nov 08, 2021
FreedomArmy:
Nobody will mourn buhari when he is gone. That will be one less evil removed from Nigeria and the whole of humanity
Does Fashola expect Nigerians to be happy with leaders bringing them pains

Talk about leadership, was Fashola not appreciated when he was the governor of Lagos State

So those president not appreciated should go and check themselves!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by ivolt: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2021
I don't blame Nigerians.
A president may go to any length to retain power even using illegal means.
But when it is time to do something positive, they suddenly realise they don't have such powers.

You can't use a power to accomplish personal goals in the morning and
then deny having such power in the evening.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by omowolewa: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2021
Okay, do you want to kill this one so we can appreciate him now
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by chatinent: 6:27am On Nov 08, 2021
Whether dead or alive, this particular one you mean, Fashola, cannot be appreciated.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by fcb212: 6:29am On Nov 08, 2021
i can site fashola wearing lie mohammed cap ,you are welcome sir to minstry of lies .
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by helinues: 6:30am On Nov 08, 2021
Toh
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:32am On Nov 08, 2021
My own question is who collects the rent for Aso Rock?
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 08, 2021
True
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by athaboi(f): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2021
When is Buhari dieing so we can appreciate him

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by TotoGame(m): 6:47am On Nov 08, 2021
I can bet my two metal saggy balls that buhari won't be missed when the time comes

Buhari is the worst president that ever emerged on earth . Tufiakwa!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Maxymilliano(m): 6:51am On Nov 08, 2021
Well, with the exemption of Bandits, Kidnappers, Boko Haram and other undesirable elements in the north and their sympathizers, I doubt if any rational thinking Nigerian will miss Buhari when he's out of power or gone for good
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by potent5(m): 6:59am On Nov 08, 2021
This Fashola sef.

Na wa for educated and learned morons.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by sultaan(m): 7:14am On Nov 08, 2021
If only some of us can lay our hands on their neck first.
We will show our appreciation
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Isobug: 7:27am On Nov 08, 2021
Appreciate ke, as what? After oppressing the poor masses. If they citizens have the opportunity sef they will kill him before his normal death
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by cherishmichael: 7:45am On Nov 08, 2021
Let me just laugh it out first..
I can't comment.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Rodwave: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2021
Please let the walking stick do the needful, I want to appreciate sambadi grin grin
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by slimfit1(m): 8:30am On Nov 08, 2021
If Buhari die now we will appreciate him.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by SRAROFDAVID: 8:31am On Nov 08, 2021
akelicious:
Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola has said Nigerians don’t appreciate their presidents until they are dead.

Fashola stated this as a guest speaker at the Yoruba Tennis Club public lecture.

The former Governor of Lagos State also said lack of proper interaction between the president and Nigerians was responsible for citizens not liking their presidents while alive. Tell him to die first so we can begin to appreciate him the way you guys appreciated Jonathan

“Nigerians are not sufficiently familiar with the constitution and the role of which offices are expected to play. It seems to me that we are expecting the right thing from the wrong place,” he sai

Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by slimfit1(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
If Buhari dies now we will appreciate him, let him die first let see.
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by SRAROFDAVID: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2021
akelicious:

Tell him to die first so we can begin to appreciate him the way you guys appreciated Jonathan
Re: Nigerians Don’t Appreciate Their Presidents Until They Die – Fashola by Ddokie: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2021
Fashola, why have you allowed all the goodwill you worked for perish in the hands of this miserable government? What have you gained?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deborahsamuel: Sokoto State Video Of Radical Islamist On Looting Spree / APC Will Be No Match Against Atiku/Obi joint ticket.(Opinion) / Eight Apprehended With Human Head In Osun Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.