Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Would I Be Allowed To Use My Laptop In NYSC Camp? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Would I Be Allowed To Use My Laptop In NYSC Camp? (661 Views)

Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp / This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would I Be Allowed To Use My Laptop In NYSC Camp? by Igolonwaanyi(f): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2021
Hello House!

So I graduated in 2019, and since then I've been working as a Google publisher. I'm thinking of registering for NYSC this November batch but I've some pressing questions.

As a Google Publisher, I write and publish contents daily. This is not something I can do with my phone as it's pretty much complex. I tried employing someone few months ago, but the drive the person had was below my expectations, same with the results. So I've been wondering, can I go to NYSC camp with a laptop? I can't afford to stop working for three weeks.

Secondly, is it possible to abandon my service halfway? I don't see the possibility of completing it as my papers are being processed for living in overseas. At the most, six months time I wouldn't be in Nigeria.

Thirdly, I graduated with a first class degree. Though I don't think I'm going to continue in that academic route (I intend doing an MFA in creative writing) instead of what I studied (Linguistics), is the NYSC certificate important to me?

I don't see myself studying in Nigeria. Still, I don't know what the future holds.

If you're in my shoes what'd you do?

Thanks!
Re: Would I Be Allowed To Use My Laptop In NYSC Camp? by Tomahawk99(m): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2021
Just get an exemption from NYSC and skip service. Except your papers are ready or almost ready and you have been vaccinated i will advise you not to put a timeline on your departure yet especially if it's the US you are planning to travel to. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Would I Be Allowed To Use My Laptop In NYSC Camp? by emdis: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2021
How old are you??
You can determine to co.e back for nysc after your PG,
But you won't get an exemption certificate if you graduated before 30.
Talking about the future, remember what happens to many politicians that skipped NYSC.
Igolonwaanyi:
Hello House!

So I graduated in 2019, and since then I've been working as a Google publisher. I'm thinking of registering for NYSC this November batch but I've some pressing questions.

As a Google Publisher, I write and publish contents daily. This is not something I can do with my phone as it's pretty much complex. I tried employing someone few months ago, but the drive the person had was below my expectations, same with the results. So I've been wondering, can I go to NYSC camp with a laptop? I can't afford to stop working for three weeks.

Secondly, is it possible to abandon my service halfway? I don't see the possibility of completing it as my papers are being processed for living in overseas. At the most, six months time I wouldn't be in Nigeria.

Thirdly, I graduated with a first class degree. Though I don't think I'm going to continue in that academic route (I intend doing an MFA in creative writing) instead of what I studied (Linguistics), is the NYSC certificate important to me?

I don't see myself studying in Nigeria. Still, I don't know what the future holds.

If you're in my shoes what'd you do?

Thanks!
Re: Would I Be Allowed To Use My Laptop In NYSC Camp? by emdis: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2021
Also laptops are not allowed in the camp at all.. but there are ways to skip camp if you can bribe right.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC: Your Experience. / Nysc / Opportunities In Ideal Woman Magazine Media Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.