Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador (40917 Views)

Comedian Akara Gucci And His Colleagues In Army Uniform / Laura Ikeji Kanu Becomes PayPorte Brand Ambassador! / Stephanie Okereke Linus Unveiled As Miniso Nigeria Brand Ambassador [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Burruchaga71(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Mama Nkechi has gone degital.. Igbo Amaka
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by seunH: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Please, akara is not bean cake. Akara is akara. Regardless of the fact that Nigeria is an anglophone country, you don't need to translate the names of your local delicacies. It's like translating your Igbo/yoruba name. Let's stop this effort to completely wipe away our identity. Croissants retained its name even though it's eaten all over the world, shawarma is shawarma, etc. Why anglicize ours? When you go to a diverse city, people get intrigued/fascinated by the unusual names of the foods sold in the restaurants and they ask questions regarding the origin. I don't see how the name "bean cake" makes our dear akara more interesting.
Pistachio, Nachos etc are Mexican delicacies and still retain their real Mexican names anywhere in the world not "Englishsized". But we Africans would want to change everything, let them change "Jollof rice" nah?

6 Likes

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Munzy14(m): 10:46am On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Op.. Why call it beans cake and then using 'a.k.a' to call its original name; akara?

Pizza as popular as it is today is not an english name, it is an italian name and pizza originated from italy.. But you simply call it pizza!

also, the likes of shawarma as popular as it is today is not an english name, but you simply call it shawarma!

why then call our own 'akara' beans cake instead of akara?

some people will be calling garri cassava flour, calling moi moi beans cake.. A nigeria girl will be ashamed to say she ate eba, because they have not gotten a sexy name to it.. What is wrong with you, why spoil thing for us?

do you think calling it beans cake will make a white man to know what u ate, what is beans cake self?

mctheeew..
I love the fact we are becoming woke towards the positive things like this.

4 Likes

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Streetdreamx(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Op.. Why call it beans cake and then using 'a.k.a' to call its original name; akara?

Pizza as popular as it is today is not an english name, it is an italian name and pizza originated from italy.. But you simply call it pizza!

also, the likes of shawarma as popular as it is today is not an english name, but you simply call it shawarma!

some people will be calling garri cassava flour, calling moi moi beans cake.. A nigeria girl will be ashamed to say she ate eba, because they have not gotten a sexy name to it.. What is wrong with you, why spoil thing for us?

do you think calling it beans cake will make a white man to know what u ate, what is beans cake self?
mctheeew..
no mind the op, akara we know beans cake we know not..

3 Likes

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by EdwardRandy(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2021
lifenija:

so what's d local name for pizza?
if akara is bean cake.

if u have no idea then think of how foolish u are
You are the foolish one here.

1 Like

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by sicily4u: 11:25am On Nov 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Please, akara is not bean cake. Akara is akara. Regardless of the fact that Nigeria is an anglophone country, you don't need to translate the names of your local delicacies. It's like translating your Igbo/yoruba name. Let's stop this effort to completely wipe away our identity. Croissants retained its name even though it's eaten all over the world, shawarma is shawarma, etc. Why anglicize ours? When you go to a diverse city, people get intrigued/fascinated by the unusual names of the foods sold in the restaurants and they ask questions regarding the origin. I don't see how the name "bean cake" makes our dear akara more interesting.

Oga akara is not igbo word
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by MrGistGuy(m): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2021
sicily4u:

did he say it is?

1 Like

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by sicily4u: 11:47am On Nov 09, 2021
MrGistGuy:
did he say it is?

He don't need to say it even the word akara is used in some other countries
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Luluakim: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:

mctheeew..
don't mind Nigerians. Always eulogizing foreign things while their are looked down on

1 Like

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by stainlessnature: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ndubuisipaul1:
This funny icon just became the latest ambassador for beans cake a.k.a akara. His name is "Akams Bu Afam" . His name even sound like it originated from akara.

Congratulations to him. Wishing him bigger endorsement deals ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVsRzc0NfEH/?utm_medium=copy_link
The guy just got a job to sell akara. Dat's all
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by anayolity: 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
lifenija:

if akara is bean cake.

What kinda stupid person are you Do you even read at all?? That guy's trying to advice us to appreciate what we gat and you're busy calling him names.... Wetin dey do Una sef
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Exceed15: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:

mctheeew..

Oil dey ur head
E dey flow sef
Thank u for educating me.

1 Like

Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Lokojatoofar: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
lifenija:

if akara is bean cake.

Take correction and stop typing trash you goat. This is why some of you Nigerians fail everyday in the world playing field. Slaves at heart
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:

mctheeew..
Oil dey your head. Inferiority complex is killing Nigerians
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by arewaseye: 12:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
mmsen:

They eat akara in Brazil and Brazilian restaurants in other parts of the world serve it but you're right it should be a lot more popular. Akara is one of Nigeria's top 5 creations.
It's because we dont appreciate our own things. You can imagine a yoruba name like TEMITAYO been spelt as THEMMYTHAYOR. It is a complex problem. Must we onyinbonize everything?. When you hear some people's name you will need to google it before you can understand it. I am proudly yoruba.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by fxexperts: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ndubuisipaul1:
This funny icon just became the latest ambassador for beans cake a.k.a akara. His name is "Akams Bu Afam" . His name even sound like it originated from akara.

Congratulations to him. Wishing him bigger endorsement deals ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVsRzc0NfEH/?utm_medium=copy_link

Op and the Mumu Instagram poster. Na idiot you be, God go punish you? Such high level of inferiority complex. while call our drear Akara bean cake and use the original name as a nick.

Mylordmygod1:

mctheeew..

One bottle of Origin for you. You are truely a proud African man. Not those who feel they are inferior due to the colour of their skin.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Guestlander: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
zolajpower:

. Brazilians calls it akaranjo , they named it akaranjo after our ancestors who first fried akara in Brazil and were ferried there during the slave trades .

Akaraje or Acaraje is what they call it. Popular street food in Brazil.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Opexzy: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
lifenija:

if akara is bean cake.

The person you quoted and insulted is way more intelligent that you can ever be...you are insulting someone you should be learning from. I don't know either of you but I have seen both of your contributions. Omo your stupidity is so amazing.

It is better you keep quite and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubts - Albert Einstein.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by WoundedLamb: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
sicily4u:

I never said it was.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Mariangeles(f): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Please, akara is not bean cake. Akara is akara. Regardless of the fact that Nigeria is an anglophone country, you don't need to translate the names of your local delicacies. It's like translating your Igbo/yoruba name. Let's stop this effort to completely wipe away our identity. Croissants retained its name even though it's eaten all over the world, shawarma is shawarma, etc. Why anglicize ours?

When you go to a diverse city, people get intrigued/fascinated by the unusual names of the foods sold in the restaurants and they ask questions regarding the origin.

I don't see how the name "bean cake" makes our dear akara more interesting.

You're correct.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Mariangeles(f): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
sicily4u:

Ki n se ija.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by iwatchandlisten(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
AKARA not bean cake or whatever!
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Bamzyriches451: 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
Congratulations to him
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by zolajpower: 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
Guestlander:

Akaraje or Acaraje is what they call it. Popular street food in Brazil.
Thanks for the correction
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by muheeb01(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nigerians and speaking english by force mentality,akara is akara joor beans cake kor ewa cake ni
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by dannielight(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:

mctheeew..

Can I like this a thousand times please.
Re: Akams_buafam Becomes Akara Brand Ambassador by Xagosco: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
Hi good day everybody, iam from Nigeria, I'm living in Niger state Minna.
It has been a very long time now that i have been searching for a free online opportunity where i could be making some money at home just with my phone and finally and luckily, i have found one. U see, in just 12hours i made not less than $200 (200 dollars) i will continue making more money from it.
So i decided to tell you about it because i knew some of us here are strongly to make life better for our selves.
Now all what you need to do is to tap this link
https://da-video.xyz/4976382635024780/ sign up to get a 10 US Dollar newcomer bonus! I made more than 200 US Dollars by watching the video here, so you can try it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinedu Ikedieze "Aki" Celebrates His 41st Birthday (PHOTOS) / Kate Ogbe: Policewoman Tore Angel Awotarigha's Shirt (Video) / John Boyega Christmas Holiday In Nigeria In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.