Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Peugeot 206 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 206 (2661 Views)

Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 / How Good Is Peugeot 206? / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 206 by Westmins: 6:53am On Nov 09, 2021
Hi
Im planning on buying a peugeot 206 and i dont know anything about it
Any advice for me please on what to look out for and i have a mechanice but i need to know if there is some issues in general with the car
Re: Peugeot 206 by AutoMoTech(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Westmins:
Hi
Any advice for me please on what to look out for and i have a mechanice but i need to know if there is some issues in general with the car
Is your mechanic a Peugeot expert? Or atleast welk vast in Peugeot systems? Otherwise you will be paying for his using your car to learn.
Also try and search for Ikennas thread. Everyone knows he is the Peugeot expert here.
Re: Peugeot 206 by Westmins: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2021
AutoMoTech:

Is your mechanic a Peugeot expert? Or atleast welk vast in Peugeot systems? Otherwise you will be paying for his using your car to learn.
Also try and search for Ikennas thread. Everyone knows he is the Peugeot expert here.
well he is an expert in peugeot cars only but you know how our mechanics are
Will look into Ikennas thread

Thank you so much
Re: Peugeot 206 by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Westmins:
Hi
go ahead and buy, its a reliable car.
Re: Peugeot 206 by aAK1(m): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2021
Westmins:
Hi
206 is 1 of the most reliable Peugeot cars I’ve ever seen. How ever this will be determined by a few factors. Engine type, transmission type and if you are buying Nigerian or foreign used. The tu3jp4 is one of the most reliable and fuel efficient of them all. It is a 1.4 LT engine and handles itself just well. If you are after more power, you go for the tu5jp4 which in my opinion is less reliable.
On the transmission side, if you are okay with a manual, the gear will outlive the car. If you decide to get auto, make sure you stick to recommended oil. Most importantly, avoid a Nigerian used Peugeot except an expert is buying it for you. Most mechanics don’t know jack! So I am not talking of mechanic. Get a Peugeot expert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 206 by Westmins: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2021
aAK1:
206 is 1 of the most reliable Peugeot cars I’ve ever seen. How ever this will be determined by a few factors. Engine type, transmission type and if you are buying Nigerian or foreign used. The tu3jp4 is one of the most reliable and fuel efficient of them all. It is a 1.4 LT engine and handles itself just well. If you are after more power, you go for the tu5jp4 which in my opinion is less reliable.
On the transmission side, if you are okay with a manual, the gear will outlive the car. If you decide to get auto, make sure you stick to recommended oil. Most importantly, avoid a Nigerian used Peugeot except an expert is buying it for you. Most mechanics don’t know jack! So I am not talking of mechanic. Get a Peugeot expert
Thank you, i will surely update the thread once i got the car
Re: Peugeot 206 by Elsueno: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Also, very very important, get a Peugeot planet, it's available on Ali express wink .

206 is very fuel efficient, the auto does over 600km on a full tank city driving while the manual is even more economical
Re: Peugeot 206 by Praxtech: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Elsueno:
Also, very very important, get a Peugeot planet, it's available on Ali express wink .

206 is very fuel efficient, the auto does over 600km on a full tank city dr.iving while the manual is even more economical
I covered 380km with 19litres.
Re: Peugeot 206 by Elsueno: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
Praxtech:

I covered 380km with 19litres.

1.1 litre engine right?, dat thing can go up to 500miles on a full tank
Re: Peugeot 206 by buygala(m): 5:27am On Nov 14, 2021
All these people hailing the 206's fuel economy won't tell you that one electrical problem in that vehicle will wipe out all the money you may have saved for years due to its fuel economy grin

They won't tell you that the electricals are so sensitive that just one small wrong connection or electrical spark by a rewire, and you will be lucky to escape with just replacing the BSI and starter mechanism....both come together and work in pairs..replacing one means replacing the other and God knows what else..not to talk of other electrical issues that will just pop up out of nowhere and leave you stranded..

Op, peace of mind is much better than the small gain in fuel economy you will get with the 206 ...Get another vehicle ...

Peugeots, aside the 505 and 504 generations and before, are over-engineered and are likely to have u trekking when you least expect..
Re: Peugeot 206 by Westmins: 6:48am On Nov 14, 2021
buygala:
All these people hailing the 206's fuel economy won't tell you that one electrical problem in that vehicle will wipe out all the money you may have saved for years due to its fuel economy grin

They won't tell you that the electricals are so sensitive that just one small wrong connection or electrical spark by a rewire, and you will be lucky to escape with just replacing the BSI and starter mechanism....both come together and work in pairs..replacing one means replacing the other and God knows what else..not to talk of other electrical issues that will just pop up out of nowhere and leave you stranded..

Op, peace of mind is much better than the small gain in fuel economy you will get with the 206 ...Get another vehicle ...

Peugeots, aside the 505 and 504 generations and before, are over-engineered and are likely to have u trekking when you least expect..
Well thank you for your advise but electric issues isn't cause for concern from my end
The reason be say I know my way around those issues I had 406,407 model each of them twice
The reason I'm going for 206 is I'm little down with cash since COVID-19 started I'm just getting back on my feet

Thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 206 by gambus007(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2021
buygala:

Guess you have used one before if not then stop hearsay.
Re: Peugeot 206 by Praxtech: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2021
Elsueno:

1.1 litre engine right?, dat thing can go up to 500miles on a full ta.nk
Car smokes at will, electrics were always a nightmare, sudden loss of power occasionally at highway speeds..... I think I am better off with my V8 Mercedes Benz. Moreso a colleague lost his spinal column to an accident in that apparition called 206......
Re: Peugeot 206 by Westmins: 11:54am On Nov 14, 2021
Praxtech:

Car smokes at will, electrics were always a nightmare, sudden loss of power occasionally at highway speeds..... I think I am better off with my V8 Mercedes Benz. Moreso a colleague lost his spinal column to an accident in that apparition called 206......
Thank you for your advise
And by the way accident is not generally associated with only a particular car
Even the so called mercendez Benz. I use am and I can say it's a good car and I also use different kind of Peugeot non of them have given me issues

What I wanted to hear is fuel consumption and efficiency
And I heard from the boss himself

I already paid for the ride and it will be delivered to me tomorrow

Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Peugeot 206 by Elsueno: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Praxtech u bought a lemon, I know lots of people who have Peugeots for years without all these problems grin . Actually in the north cars by popularity go
Peugeots
Honda
Toyota
Benz wink
Re: Peugeot 206 by buygala(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
gambus007:

Guess you have used one before if not then stop hearsay.

Not hearsay...

I have friends who have used Peugeots

Electricals are the Achilles heel of those vehicles
Re: Peugeot 206 by Praxtech: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Elsueno:
Praxtech u bought a lemon, I know lots of people who have Peugeots for years without all these pro.blems grin . Actually in the north cars by popularity go
Peugeots
Honda
Toyota
Benz wink
Not true. It was brand new.

(1) (Reply)

My Mazda 626 Refused To Start / Thread For Car Owners & Repair Manuals & Electrical Schematic Diagrams / I Want To Buy Ford Edge 2008(foreign Used). I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.