Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Watford Signs Maduka Okoye From Sparta Rotterdam - Newsonline Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Watford Signs Maduka Okoye From Sparta Rotterdam - Newsonline Nigeria (422 Views)

Maduka Okoye Joins Watford From Sparta Rotterdam / Sparta Rotterdam Celebrate Okoye’s Clean Sheet After Eagles Draw Vs Sierra Leone / Sparta Rotterdam Confirm Okoye’s Invitation For Super Eagles October Friendlies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watford Signs Maduka Okoye From Sparta Rotterdam - Newsonline Nigeria by 9aiboard: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2021

Nigerian goalkeeper Maduka Okoye from Eredivisie side Sparta Rotterdam have been signed by Watford Football Club for a figure understood to be in the region of €6 million (£5.1 million).

Okoye has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with the Premier League club, which will begin on January 1, 2022.
Watford signs Super Eagles goalkeeper Maduka Okoye from Sparta Rotterdam. He'll remain on loan at Sparta Rotterdam for the rest of the 2021-22 season.

The Premier League disclosed the deal in a statement via their website on Monday night, November 8.

“ Watford FC is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement to sign highly-rated young goalkeeper Maduka Okoye, on a five-and-a-half-year deal that will begin on January 1, 2022.

“The Nigeria international joins the Hornets for an undisclosed fee from Eredivisie outfit Sparta Rotterdam, to where he'll return on loan until the end of the the2021/22 campaign,” the statement half-read.

Responding, Okoye, in a post via his Instagram said, “I’m overwhelmed to sign for@watfordfcofficial, to play in the Premier League is something I’ve been dreaming about since I was a little boy I can’t wait to get started with the team forthcoming season2022/2023!. I wish the Club all the best for the rest of the season! See you soon!!”.

Okoye was born in Düsseldorf to a Nigerian father and a German mother. He started his career in 2012 with Bayer Leverkusen, turning up for their Youth team. In 2017, he left Bayer Leverkusen for Fortuna Düsseldorf, where he played for their Youth team and the senior team, Fortuna Düsseldorf II. In 2018, he was fully promoted to Fortuna Düsseldorf II, a football team that plays in the Regionalliga West.

Source: https://newsonlinenigeria.com/sports/watford-signs-nigerian-goalkeeper-maduka-okoye-from-sparta-rotterdam/

(1) (Reply)

Breaking : Super Eagles Coach Gernort Rohr Has Be Sack! / Victor Osimhen’s Cheekbone Was Badly Damaged -surgeon / Tuchel Confirm Players That Will Miss Man United Clash Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.