Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? (1892 Views)

Another Fulani Massacre In Ayilamo, Benue (Graphic Pictures) / "We Rather Vote An Igbo Man Than Vote You OLE" - Northerners Blast Tinubu (Pix) / Chekwas Okorie: I Prefer 4 More Years Of Buhari To 8 Years Of Another Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
I have seen and read here and other media outlets some comments like: "I would rather support Atiku instead of Tinubu", "if the Southwest are playing smart the North should contest in 2023", "Yorubas are too greedy" and so on....

I want to believe that this sentiment of voting in another Fulani in 2023 is limited to a minimum percentage of our population in the South. How would you vote another Fulani because you want to spite Tinubu or the Yoruba people and then face another 8 years of hardship? Think.

Economic downturn, worse Hdi, higher unemployment, nepotism, all round failure should make you have a logical rethink if you aren't blinded by hate. Or is this just a scare mongering strategy to deter the Southwest from presenting a candidate?

If so, where are your candidates from the East and South because pdp has had there convention and aspiring candidates have bared their ambition. Non from the East.

If you are hoping of contesting under APC then you are being unreasonable and hopelessly hopeful. Why? You have been in the PDP for so long yet they didn't consider you worthy enough to allow you contest under their platform. So why would the APC of yesterday trust you with the mandate? Secondly, you never laboured enmass (I repeat, enmass) to bring the APC to where it is today, or let me say your region is not a major shareholder in the party to be considered as strategic and so deserves compensation with the party ticket.

I am not saying I will support Tinubu or Osinbajo or any Yoruba candidate if they will be contesting against any Eastern or South South candidate in 2023, but I will definitely support a Yoruba candidate over another Fulani in 2023.

A lesser evil is manageable between two evils.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
[s]A lesser evil is manageable between two evils[/s]
Evil is Evil, nothing like lesser evil.

I would rather sit at home than vote either Tinibu or any Fulani person.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good percentage of Yorubas are yet to agree that Buhari is a failure and that they are sorry for the role they played in the emergence of Buahri.

Until then, SW has no moral right to question those who say they would rather vote a Northerner than Tinibu.

19 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Abdul05: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2021

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by ScamHunter: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
In 2015, Yoruba exhibited treachery against the south. In 2021, they're exhibiting greed, so all the south will help them out. 2023 will either be an Igbo president or even Buhari can continue.

Yoruba backed Fulani in 2015 despite Igbo warning. Fulani turned around and started kicking Yoruba people out to Republic of Benin in continuation of a Jihad that Igbo officers stopped in 1966. Since Yoruba love Fulani so much that they so not mind going on exile for them, Igbo and the rest of the South will help Fulani achieve their dream of turning all Yoruba land to another Ilorin.

The futility of Yoruba imagination is their belief that treachery is sophistication. So the choice before Yoruba is between greed and concession. Only an Igbo president from southern unity will stop the impending exodus of Yoruba people. Back Igbo president and be safe or continue with your greed an go on exile. The choice is yours.

If I am in Nigeria in 2023, I'll definitely back a Fulani if there is no consensus for ALL IGBO aspirants from the south. Who will vote a Yoruba man in the south? Who will back them from the north? Lubbish.

28 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Chigorkizz(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
I sidon dey look.
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by adamsmith914: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
Good percentage of Yorubas are yet to agree that Buhari is a failure and that they are sorry for the role they played in the emergence of Buahri.

Until then, SW has no moral right to question those who say they would rather vote a Northerner than Tinibu.
The President is a Failure, what should he have done to make an ungrateful Almijirin’s like you life pleasant?

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by adamsmith914: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
ScamHunter:
In 2015, Yoruba exhibited treachery against the south. In 2021, they're exhibiting greed, so all the south will help them out. 2023 will either be an Igbo president or even Buhari can continue.

Yoruba backed Fulani in 2015 despite Igbo warning. Fulani turned around and started kicking Yoruba people out to Republic of Benin in continuation of a Jihad that Igbo officers stopped in 1966. Since Yoruba love Fulani so much that they so not mind going on exile for them, Igbo and the rest of the South will help Fulani achieve their dream of turning all Yoruba land to another Ilorin.

The futility of Yoruba imagination is their belief that treachery is sophistication. So the choice before Yoruba is between greed and concession. Only an Igbo president from southern unity will stop the impending exodus of Yoruba people. Back Igbo president and be safe or continue with your greed an go on exile. The choice is yours.

If I am in Nigeria in 2023, I'll definitely back a Fulani if there is no consensus for ALL IGBO aspirants from the south. Who will vote a Yoruba man in the south? Who will back them from the north? Lubbish.

Cut this jargon, just say you would vote for pdp, APC will bring out a Southern Christian & win in a landslide,?what you want is inconsequential, it is a party affair.
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
ScamHunter:

Understand me pls. Who is your Igbo candidate? Under which party is he contesting? Definitely not PDP because Atiku and other Northerners have come out again. What have you done for the APC to claim the ticket? Would you be contesting under APGA?

These are my points sir
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by abobote: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Yes oo, I would rather vote Atiku instead of voting Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2021
abobote:
Yes oo, I would rather vote Atiku instead of voting Tinubu
Why, pls?
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by ariesbull: 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
ScamHunter:

lord bless you for this truth.... Though it is bitter

5 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Penguin2: 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Justmesagi:
I have seen and read here and other media outlets some comments like: "I would rather support Atiku instead of Tinubu", "if the Southwest are playing smart the North should contest in 2023", "Yorubas are too greedy" and so on....

I want to believe that this sentiment of voting in another Fulani in 2023 is limited to a minimum percentage of our population in the South. How would you vote another Fulani because you want to spite Tinubu or the Yoruba people and then face another 8 years of hardship? Think.

Economic downturn, worse Hdi, higher unemployment, nepotism, all round failure should make you have a logical rethink if you aren't blinded by hate. Or is this just a scare mongering strategy to deter the Southwest from presenting a candidate?

If so, where are your candidates from the East and South because pdp has had there convention and aspiring candidates have bared their ambition. Non from the East.

If you are hoping of contesting under APC then you are being unreasonable and hopelessly hopeful. Why? You have been in the PDP for so long yet they didn't consider you worthy enough to allow you contest under their platform. So why would the APC of yesterday trust you with the mandate? Secondly, you never laboured enmass (I repeat, enmass) to bring the APC to where it is today, or let me say your region is not a major shareholder in the party to be considered as strategic and so deserves compensation with the party ticket.

I am not saying I will support Tinubu or Osinbajo or any Yoruba candidate if they will be contesting against any Eastern or South South candidate in 2023, but I will definitely support a Yoruba candidate over another Fulani in 2023.

Why didn’t Tinubu think about these things you enumerated in 2015 when he went alliance with Buhari, a known bigot with no educational qualification?

You guys were ready to vote for him even if he presented NEPA Bill as certificate.

Take a chill pill. In 2023 we are ready to vote even a northern slowpoke with Newspaper used to wrap Suya as certificate.

Maybe by 2031 we will now sit down and talk about Nigeria’s progress. But if we never learn our lesson, then the vicious cycle will continue.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Sonyboom765: 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
This your lamentation will be renewed after 2023. Your wretched igbo father must wail to death if an igbo man or Fulanis do not become president in 2023.

ScamHunter:

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Penguin2: 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
ScamHunter:

God bless you plenty abeg.

The Op is seeing the impending defeat of a Yoruba APC candidate. That’s why he’s now lamenting.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by DanHaske: 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Buhari has been dismal as president, but insinuating a Fulani president will lead to an economic downturn is bullshit. If you want to campaign against continuous northern rule, do it.
Just so you know, I don't see any difference between Atiku and Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by oyatz(m): 7:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Justmesagi:
Understand me pls. Who is your Igbo candidate? Under which party is he contesting? Definitely not PDP because Atiku and other Northerners have come out again. What have you done for the APC to claim the ticket? Would you be contesting under APGA?

These are my points sir

They have no candidate in both APC and PDP but are still insisting that the Yorubas must back out from the presidential race or support their candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Justmesagi:

God bless you for this post! for me it's wicked for any Southerner to be thinking of another 8yrs for the north.MAY THAT PERSON NEVER SEE 2023.if the igbos can't get it let the Yorubas have it.ANY SOUTHERNER THAT WANT TO SELL THE TURN OF THE SOUTH TO THE NORTH FOR WHATEVER REASON,MAY THAT PERSON NEVER SEE 2023
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
Penguin2:

Why didn’t Tinubu think about these things you enumerated in 2015 when he went alliance with Buhari, a known bigot with no educational qualification?

You guys were ready to vote for him even if he presented NEPA Bill as certificate.

Take a chill pill. In 2023 we are ready to vote even a northern slowpoke with Newspaper used to wrap Suya as certificate.

Maybe by 2031 we will now sit down and talk about Nigeria’s progress. But if we never learn our lesson, then the vicious cycle will continue.
Not everybody advocating logical voting rather than emotional one is a westerner. Think about your loved ones too before taking decision.
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
God bless you for this post! for me it's wicked for any Southerner to be thinking of another 8yrs for the north.MAY THAT PERSON NEVER SEE 2023.if the igbos can't get it let the Yorubas have it.ANY SOUTHERNER THAT WANT TO SELL THE TURN OF THE SOUTH TO THE NORTH FOR WHATEVER REASON,MAY THAT PERSON NEVER SEE 2023
Hate has beclouded their senses.
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
oyatz:

They have no candidate in both APC and PDP but are still insisting that the Yorubas must back out from the presidential race or support their candidate.
Sir, God bless you for getting my points. I was beginning to wonder if I wasn't communicating well.

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by tnerro1(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2021
Would vote for any southerner than vote for any Fulani. I would even vote for hope of imo State than any Fulani person

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

Evil is Evil, nothing like lesset evil.

I would rather sit at home than vote either Tinibu or any Fulani person.

Who is your candidate? You would have been reasonable if Peter Obi or Okorocha or Umahi was on the ballot but u ain't pushing anyone forth from your side.

A leprous man that would rather spill honey than safeguard it.
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Justmesagi:

Any Yoruba that is not Fashola currently is not worth it!

These people you are rooting for are even worst than the Fulani you will not vote for!

While Buhari was saying that he did not make these electoral promises, was it not Tinubu and Osibanjo that packaged it and sold it to the masses

Especially Osibanjo, he entered buses, saying all sort of things, does he still use the bus now undecided

Have you heard Osibanjo condemn any killings Same as Tinubu Their ambition is simply more precious than lives!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Penguin2: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Justmesagi:
Not everybody advocating logical voting rather than emotional one is a westerner. Think about your loved ones too before taking decision.

Did Tinubu think about my loved ones before taking his decision before 2015 election?

5 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by oyatz(m): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
Penguin2:

1) In a democracy where everyone is free to join any party of his choice and support any candidate, why do you think it is wrong for Tinubu to exercise this fundamental right but it is right for all other Nigerians to do so sir?

2) Tinubu is a leader of the APC, do you think Tinubu should have left the candidate of his party and be campaigning for the candidate of the PDP?

What are the implications of a PDP victory for Tinubu and his political associates?

3) Why haven't we seen you guys asking or expecting PDP leaders to support APC candidate in a presidential election so as not to be accussed of greed or treachery?

4) Why is it that you don't demonize other politicians for supporting the election of Buhari?

Amaechi is closer to Jonathan than Tinubu, yet he supported Buhari and you guys don't demonize him.

Timi Sylva whom Jonathan helped to become the Governor of Bayelsa State in 2007 bought the nomination form for Buhari in 2015 but no one has ever heard you accussing him of treachery or greed or whatever.

5) Even Jonathan and the Ijaw/SS peoples have moved on from the defeat of 2015 election, how come some igbos especially the young igbos online are still embittered about the defeat of Jonathan in 2015?
We hardly see Ijaw people accusing Tinubu or the Yorubas of betrayal or greed on account of the 2015 election?

Jonathan's agent at the polls, Godswill Orubebe has moved on and just joined the APC last week.
GEJ's kinsman, Ovie Omo-Agege joined the APC and today he is the Deputy Senate President, having replaced Sen Ike Ikweremadu since 2019.

# The past, no matter how great or bad it was belong to the past.
You can not make progress by still living in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by helinues: 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
Toh
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by helinues: 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

We are waiting for Igbo's to apologize about the ineffectual Buffon they supported that was part of where we are today
Re: Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? by Justmesagi: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
Penguin2:

Did Tinubu think about my loved ones before taking his decision before 2015 election?
This is not about Tinubu. I am not advocating for him. I am advocating for logic. Igbos should present their candidate so we can begin working for him or allow others from South come forth if they don't have a candidate worthy enough.

I will vote any Yoruba or Igbo or Ijaw or Edo or even Tiv from the middlebelt over a Fulani. That's the point sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Soldiers, 7 Miners Die In Gun Battle Over Discovery Of N70m Gold Nuggets’ / See What Would Have Happened If Buhari Wanted Tinubu As Successor. / Nigerians React As Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.