Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops (287 Views)

Advice From The Round Table A Mentor’s Notes On Creative Writing Workshops / Stress Management Workshops | Resilience Building | TIRA / Team Building Workshops - Retail Training Workshops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by colestephan86: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
Lately I have noticed a significant decline in the number of apprentice I see in mechanics workshop, carpentry workshop, electrical workshops and so on.
Our youths do not want to learn any skills anymore.
A young lad came to my facility one day and asked if you could be my apprentice , I asked when he would like to start , he said soonest but I will have to pay him 50k per month.
This is someone that just wants to learn from the scratch.
It's really bad , and the future is not bright for many Nigerian youths, j must say. Even if they end up traveling abroad, they might just end up in a restaurant.
Re: Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by daddytime(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Yahoo Yahoo plus Runs.
Re: Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by Tokskob2008: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
A good percentage of young ones are already into one runs or the other so being an apprentice isn't really on the table anymore. The economy also contributed to it, imagine private school teachers receiving less than 20k a month while some of these guys millions. Nobody like suffering, we are just morally upright than each other.
Re: Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by GideonOludayomi(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
It is disheartening.

I fear for the future of this country because at this rate, we will end up having many 'old' criminals.
Re: Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by colestephan86: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tokskob2008:
A good percentage of young ones are already into one runs or the other so being an apprentice isn't really on the table anymore. The economy also contributed to it, imagine private school teachers receiving less than 20k a month while some of these guys millions. Nobody like suffering, we are just morally upright than each other.
You are right, but you know the back bone of a nation like Nigeria is SMEs, imagine in the next 20 years , you don't have carpenters , mechanics and so on any more
Re: Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by colestephan86: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
GideonOludayomi:
It is disheartening.

I fear for the future of this country because at this rate, we will end up having many 'old' criminals.
We sure will.
Re: Why Is There Severe Shortage Of Apprentice, In Our Workshops by Tokskob2008: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
colestephan86:

You are right, but you know the back bone of a nation like Nigeria is SMEs, imagine in the next 20 years , you don't have carpenters , mechanics and so on any more
It's not going to be funny atal but then if these guys don't have any means to sustain themselves right now I'm not sure they would be alive in the next 20years either suffice to say our government is killing us gradually.

Even the SMEs you talked about needs a healthy environment to survive which we can't actually boast of right now, take for example a welder who needs electricity constantly for his business but the power supply company refuses to supply it and he can't afford a generator for that purpose won't he close up shop and join the yahoo business especially when he sees his mates cruising past him from time to time. My brother this country needs complete overhauling from head to toe...

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Take Care Of Your Nails / Cubana Has Once More Enlarged His Coast..... Lux Fiat / Steam Error|how Can You Fix Steam Gift Card “INVALID” Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.