Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,781 members, 7,841,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics (1307 Views)

Nnamdi Kalu's Arrest: Biafra Writes World Leaders / Gov. Theo Orji Begs Igp For Orji Kalu's Arrest / Imo Assembly Orders Orji Kalu’s Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by tatajega(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2007
a 107 count charge on one man!!!!, double the charges of the man next to him with many of the charges un-substantial, , hahaha,funny, i must confess.
Kalu is a well known enterpreneur, rich,well to do,influential and at the same time highly connected.
He is infact in recent times the new voice of the average igbo man with a strong political future, many efforts ranging from impeachment, banning of his airline,denial of the opportunity to run for presidency under his former party,verbal abuse from the presidency and the most recent, dis enfrachizing almost 3/4 of eligible voters in the southeasth to prevent them from voting for him, then detaining his Governor elect(habaaa!!!), to their greatest shame,he survived n waled tall against all odds.

From the most recent occurance,it is obvious that his foes are certainly not , at all!! They are certainly still after him, too bad.(it is also eminent that he ll scale through this one. To me this is just a case of an addition to the C.V of the making of a great man, thanks for the present transparency in the present judicial setup.

Think about this, do you think that somebody as smart as Kalu will leave the skeletons lingering in his closet??The big question isn't it?
Why didn'nt they go for the likes of Odili and his cohorts?? undecided cheesy lipsrsealed
THHHHHHIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!HOLLA
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by angel101(f): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2007
oh puleeeze gimme a break.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by Aneef(m): 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2007
Allow the judiciary to do their work and if truly he is innocent of the charges let him defend himself.He is not the only one been charged and others are smart as well to cover their ass.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by McKren(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2007
He is infact in recent times the new voice of the average igbo man with a strong political future

I find that as an insult to who we are, to put it short need I remind you that Kalu was not the Governor of Adamawa he was the Governor of Abia, an Igbo State, his State of Origin. He failed his people, God knows how such a person will translate into new voice of the people he stole from.

May be he is for you and your household but surely not for us.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by McKren(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2007
I also forgot to say sorry for you if you actually live in Aba, how many hours does it take you to ply PH road in Aba main town or probably you have not been confronted by the vultures in front of the dump at Ariaria Market.

Please brother think before you post, we dont do blind loyalty in the east.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by Mamajama(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2007
I pray everyone have a fair trial, I reserve my comments because I personally do not know Kalu or his enterprise
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by tng(f): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2007
He should prove his innocence in the court of law but personally i find a 107 count charge quite absurd.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by Bolarge(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2007
I'll bet my next call duty allowance this idiot's guilty as hell n' deserves to rot in jail. angry
The few friends of mine who are of Abia state origin say the same only with a lot more venom. angry
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by denex: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2007
My Dog's Death Simply Politics!
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
hi,
If Kalu no go jail na mi 4 go?HE OVER DESERVES IT!!hOW CAN ONE PERSON JUST WAKE UP N RAPE HIS OWN STATE?
EFCC THMBS UP!PLS MAKE SURE HE REFUNDS EVERY DIME.
TAKE A LOOK @ ABA ROAD,etc.
Dont get me wrong.He was my 1st love in 1999 n i preached him every where as d best guy in town BUT SUDDENLY, he turned a monster over nite RAPPING,RAPPING ,RAPPING ABIA as if it was his RIGHT.hE BELIEVED HE BECAME a god,untouchable BUT THANK GOD 4 D LAW N EFCC.
My PRAYER: MAY GOD PUNISH HIM N EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN RESPONSIBLE 4 D DECANDENCE IN THIS COUNTRY.MAY ALL DR CHILDREN SUFFER UNTIL D 4TH GENERATION.LET PEACE DEPART FROM DR DOORSTEP.
orji uzor u will pay every dime frm 2day it is fasting n prayer against uand ur cohorts.
U have been a criminal since d hey days of IBB,Amassing wealth@d expense of innocent lives.It is time 2 pay n u must PAY BIG TIME.

EFCC,ABEG E REMAIN I. B. B.WHO SAYS HE IS SACRED?

1 Like

Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by tatajega(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2007
Sorry, but i must quickly add that orji uzor kalu,within a span of 8 months transformed aba roads to that which could be reffered to as heaven on earht and everyone one sang praises, on the issue of roads and infracstructure,every one who is sincere will tell u that aba has a problem which is lack of maimtainance, for example;allowing drainages to get filled up,disposal of refuse dump on wrong places and general dirtyness, habaaa!!!give me a break orji didnt do that,he did wat he had to do for Aba only hat aba mIsmanaged there gold, also note that access roads basically exist in that town because of Orji, no had feelings attached.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by angel101(f): 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
Are u saying he is innocent cause he built roads in 8 months and didnt maintain them? i'm a bit confused here.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by tatajega(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2007
no am not saying that, am just trying to create a picture, after all no ones innoccent.,,,
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2007
It is only a Nigeria that a Thief will be caught and people will say afterall he is not the only one.
@poster, EFCC is not the judge of Kalu, if he is innocent am sure his Lawyers will be able to prove that in court.
This war against corruption is being done so that your children will meet a better Nigeria that our parents saw which we were unfortunate not to meet.
The Money Kalu is accused of Embezzling was budgeted to be used for a purpose. Every kobo Government gets is for a purpose, that is why the Governors are well paid so that they will not divert funds for other projects. that money was meant to be used to equip schools, hospitals, drainages and road maintainace.
That money will now be used for these purposes because all other Governors will be afraid of going to prison. Hopefully, if this war continues your children will meet a better Nigeria, They will be able to eat meat and milk, they will go to good schools and have companies waiting to recruit them they will not struggle too much to get work.
We would have less cases of robbery in Aba, Better and cleaner water supply, power etc.
So Poster, i hope you understand why it is important for public office holders not to embezzle money meant for development of the people they swear to protect
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by presido1: 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2007
aisha2
The court have not even ruled but you have convicted him already. Don't you know that until you have been found guilty you are innocent. Na wah oh.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by RichyBlacK(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2007
From the little I know about Abia State, it is difficult to conclude that Kalu did not misappropriate funds. However, he should be tried fairly - the government has to prove his guilt in a court of law.

Unlike what someone posted earlier, the plaintiff (the government in this case) has the burden of proof, and not the other way round.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by angel101(f): 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2007
presido1:

aisha2
The court have not even ruled but you have convicted him already. Don't you know that until you have been found guilty you are innocent. Na wah oh.

I dont think Aisha has pronounced him guilty she only said that his lawyers should be able to prove his innocence if indeed he is innocent.

But hey, who are we fooling? the man is guilty as sin!!!
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 02, 2007
The man is from my state.
Let the arms of the law deal with him mercilessly if found guilty.
Perhaps others will learn from it.
I have no iota of sympathy for thieves.
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by denex: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2007
If a governor steals N17 billion, launders it into a first bank account and falsified documents about it, that's 3 counts. If another governor, feeling smarter, gradually steals N1 million each day for eight years to amount to N3 billion, that's a 3,000 count charge.

So don't worry about the number of charges, they are just specifying the number of provable instances.

Meanwhile, these EFCC people are not good at all. They wrote and analytical article on their website titled: "Why ex-Gov Turaki Wept". In an attempt to give empirical, scientific, biological, economic and legal reasons for the relaxation of Saminu Turaki's tear ducts, resulting in the ocular secretion of tears.

http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1502&Itemid=2
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by angel101(f): 9:34am On Aug 02, 2007
lol denex u go kill person with laughter o!
Re: Kalu's Arrest Simply Plitics by denex: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2007
Na the truth I dey yarn O!

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Governorship Polls In Kogi (begining of debacle or accomplishment?) / Rauf Aregbesola In Police Custody. / What Is Tanko Yakasai Scared Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.