Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World (33764 Views)

Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by McTominay(m): 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
PlayMaker14:

My dear, I don't argue with daft fellows.
Bro... Stop using insulting word!
Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by Xfemt(m): 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fahdiga:
He might be the best now simply because we no longer have quality defenders. He wouldn't be in the top ten if it was during the days of Terry, Vidic, Ricardo Cavaloh, Ramos, Maldini and Canavaro

You forgot to mention
Matarazzi
Lucio
Taribo west
Jam stamp
Maldini
Kolo toure
Rigobet song

Abegie
Football no sweet again
Money don spoil am
Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by 77star: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
PlayMaker14:
grin Yes sir.
Can't stop laughing with your meme grin
Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by money0001: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
Merit123:
United fans.... are u sure this man is coming back again grin grin grin
This Ole suppose go injury for years undecided
Nonsense ingredients
Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by PlayMaker14: 3:28am On Nov 11, 2021
McTominay:

Bro... Stop using insulting word!
Then, furck off.

1 Like

Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by Doyou2019: 6:17am On Nov 11, 2021
vickydevoka:
Yes, he is scared of retuning bk 2 injury
You need to see him in the Brighton game. Shocking performance.
Re: Rio Ferdinand Names Virgil van Dijk Best Centre-Back In The World by Glycolite: 8:36am On Nov 11, 2021
pman06:

He's far better than Mr. "If i miss d ball I'll kill d player" Chiellini. And before you start saying canavaro,even canavaro knows he was never the best. Getting lucky at a world cup bad winning the world best doesn't mean you were the best. Go look at his playing career, see if he stood at at any point than the world cup he won.

Van Dijk have this exceptional way of reading the game that he hardly get caught out of position. That's his main strength i believe. The debate if being the best is up for scrutiny, but biko no dey mention canavaro biko. Jaap Stam even better pass that one.

You're talking about VVD reading of the game ,when also One of cannavaro's strengths are his positioning and reading of the game, athleticism and an impressive leap -- to overcome bigger opponents and strikers.
He's not the tallest of CB,but he's one of the most difficult CB to play against.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today / Ratings: Top 20 Nigerian Players On FIFA 16 / UEFA Champions League 2020/2021 Round Of 16 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.