Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,714 members, 7,851,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (135152 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
There was serious merriment immediately this decking was completed as the owner brought out some cartons of shine-shine bobo, Gulder and pammy for the guys to relax with.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
we had to improvise, using blocks to wedge concrete to close this parapet.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by bugmenot: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
Great Job, Oga  Spyder!  If you start an apprenticeship program, I'll be number one on the sign up list,
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
these blocks will be removed in 2 hours time

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
Completed, finished, finito grin grin grin grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by NL1960: 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
@spyder880. Well done for a good job. Love this last picture. The beauty of the building is already coming out. No wonder the owner brought out shakis for merriment. Btw, you mean say you guys shack everything without remaining any for us that has been praying for you to have a good weather for this decking work?.

@Fhemmmy. Iam sure spyder880 will not mind if you send that concrete machine FOC to him from obodo oyibo.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2011
NL1960:

@spyder880. Well done for a good job. Love this last picture. The beauty of the building is already coming out. No wonder the owner brought out shakis for merriment. Btw, you mean say you guys shack everything without remaining any for us that has been praying for you to have a good weather for this decking work?.

@Fhemmmy. Iam sure spyder880 will not mind if you send that concrete machine FOC to him from obodo oyibo.

grin I reserved a bottle for each of my guys that prayed, just look behind your computer and open a bottle of e-shak to celebrate with us grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
NL1960:

By the grace of God, it will be, me and chief Spyder will soon be doing stuff together, and that will be one of my own contribution to such union, cos the guy is too good not to have all he need
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Ferya(f): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
Completed, finished, finito grin grin grin grin

@ Spyder Great! Great!! Great!!!
Neat Work grin, Nice pictures grin but I never see my drink for holding rain for two days oh !
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^ hehehehe, have you looked behind your system, there should be one bottle of e-wine there.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Ferya(f): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin lol! May be I need eye glasses. I will check again cheesy
Teacher, update on total money spent,
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by annysis: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
Thanks Spyder for demystifying the myth that surrounds building in its entirety. Do you blame a novice like me. I have heard it said that it's unthinkable for you to
deck a house beyond one day. It's either it cracks or presents an uneven surface. But with what I've seen done through you and your team yesterday, the belief as far as I'm concerned is in the trash can.

Thanks for your simplicity. Thanks for this "BUILDING MADE SIMPLE" and not only "REAL COST OF, ".

Thanks for all the contributors in the house. I truly appreciate your efforts. I can't quantify the depth of knowledge passed down to us novices.

Still waiting to get the details of the real quantity of rods, woods, gravels and sand used.

Congratulations SPYDER.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
Keep up the great work coming
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by annysis: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
Fhemmmy hi? Will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for the mails. Will definitely let you know the choice made and then we start from there.

You're doing a great job in the Auto section too. God increase and multiply you. I appreciate.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
annysis:

Fhemmmy hi? Will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for the mails. Will definitely let you know the choice made and then we start from there.

You're doing a great job in the Auto section too. God increase and multiply you. I appreciate.

Thanks for your great comment, May the sweet lord bless you too
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by atasteve: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
Lord Spyder880 I just love the way your blocks sit around the concrete. The pix are breath taking especially the innovation of using blocks on the parapet. So lovely smiley

Well done sir.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by shaibu123: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
oga spyder,give us the breakdown of the cost of this decking,like how many bags of cement etc.good job
spyder880:

more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
shaibu123:

oga spyder,give us the breakdown of the cost of this decking,like how many bags of cement etc.good job

I cant wait to see that as well and i am sure he will be showing us the data soon.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
When my friend and neighbor called me this morning, I thought we were going to talk about his favourite topic, lands, but he asked me to come and help his engineer supervise his decking coming up by tomorrow. He wants to make sure there aren't any mistakes. I just called my boys to move to the site tomorrow and work for their money. More stories after the decking tomorrow.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:55am On Oct 26, 2011
Still at the friend's decking site, these guys are really serious, lovely house but there are things about this plan and materials used that I dont like, pictures later.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
Waiting patiently to see the pix and the list of what you dont like . . . so that we would know what to stay away from
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
^^^ Oga mi its the steps o, I mentioned in one of my posts that the staircase should be wide enough to accomodate two people walking side by side and there should be landing step before you turn to complete your ascent, I also mentioned that the steps should not be too steep, 6-8" is okay for each rung, so you dont have to leap up each rung but shuffle as you climb. (Remember we will get old one day, and that it will be one heavy task for an old man/woman to climb steps if its too steep) .

But the steps in this my friend's house is like one tunnel I have seen in the movies. One person (wey don chop up) will be squeezing to climb through the stairs. In case of emergency, that stair is an accident on its own.

Houses should be built so the person living in it dont suffer but make his life easier.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Oct 31, 2011
THE FOLLOWING 4 PICTURES WERE TAKEN AT A SITE OWNED BY MY FRIEND, I WAS CALLED TO LOOK THE DECK OVER BEFORE THEY START THE DECKING, I FOUND SOME FAULTS THERE AND DECIDED TO SHARE.

This wooden step is usually made before a deck is poured, it will be used by labor boys to carry concrete to the top of the deck. No problems with this wooden method, but I prefer the concrete steps instead, that's what I do in my sites.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2011
I don't like using these white pipes as conduit pipes in a deck. These are the brand we call 'destiny' brand and they are very soft to touch. It usually bends under pressure, blocking a pipe way when marched upon by concrete boys, I was not the engineer in charge, but I will not allow it if this was to be my site. The white pipes are cheaper, for the best, use 'Niger pipes'

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2011
This is the step that got me fuming with the architect who was also on site when I came, how can you build a 3ft tunnel as a stairway and expect a whole family to be using this 'trap' as the only stairway up and down this beautiful house?

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2011
I hate to see unsafe work, how can these people leave rods sticking out without being tied at the ends, (see those single rods sticking out alone?) I make sure my rods must reach the edge of the deck where it will be tied and bent backwards, we call it 'returning a rod', that will make it more firm and prevent a situation where it can slip out if excessive pressure occurs on the structure. My rod requirement may be more, but the quality of the house is over assured.

1 Like

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by NL1960: 10:38am On Oct 31, 2011
@spyder880 :

'This wooden step is usually made before a deck is poured, it will be used by labor boys to carry concrete to the top of the deck. No problems with this wooden method, but I prefer the concrete steps instead, that's what I do in my sites.'

If you concrete steps instead, what happens after the decking has been poured, do you then dismantle the concrete step or you leave it as an addition to the house?. To me, since it is just for pouring concrete during one or two days of decking work, a temporary wooden step is preferable. A wooden step is easier to tear down.

spyder880:

This is the step that got me fuming with the architect who was also on site when I came, how can you build a 3ft tunnel as a stairway and expect a whole family to be using this 'trap' as the only stairway up and down this beautiful house?

Looking at this picture, is this step one straight and continuous step or is there another one that takes you to the top of the building?. If it is one straight and continuous step, i wonder how people will climb it without getting tired.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for the great lecture, unsafe work could be dangerous and do agree with you that we need to stay off it.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by eros(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ Spyder880,

What are the pros and cons of not using a German floor for a bungalow building? Is it safe to build the foundation with 14 pillars holding the building together and when the building gets to roofing level, the German floor will be done.

The reason for this is so that the sand on the foundation can better compress over time before the roofing stage. By this time, the sand would have compressed some more, then more sand filling done before the German floor is finally done.

What's your take and expert advise on this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / POP DESIGN & TV WALL INSTALLATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.