Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134812 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2011
Just left this site, the carpenter is slow but he has gotten some space which we can start casting the lintels and pillars. We are going to start setting blocks on the lintels as soon as tomorrow/next. We shall need to buy additional quantities of blocks to complete the few in the site. We shall be needing more binding wire as well. Moving to Anambra now.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by imiegba1: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
My Builder is charging  me  #649,000.  as following  to raise my building from Lintel to Roofing level: Is this cost adequate or am I missing something.
There is no provision for Granite.And the number of cement, is it not on a high side? Please advise I need to make a decision by Saturday

ITEM                               RATE    AMOUNT
80½’’ ROD                      1400    112,000
1ROLL OF BINDING WIRE       5000      5,000
60BAGS OF CEMENT              1800     108,000
IRON BENDER                      30,000       30,000
ARC&CARPENTER WKR          80,000      80,000
NAILS                              15,000 15,000
1300BLOCKS                           130 169,000
BRICKLAYER                        60,000 60,000
LABOURERS                        42,000 42,000
2 TRIPS OF SAND               14,000 28,000
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
Keep it coming
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by benimeogu(f): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
I
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
@imiegba1

You are right, certain details are missing from your quote (e.g. quanitity of gravel/granite, water, wood etc). However, cost seems to include arc and carpentry work. Maybe it's better to clarify what's included. Quote doesn't include water which tends to suggest there's a good source of water on site. You may ask for the details of the rods, lengths and sizes, as you may need a couple of 6mm in addition to several lengths of 12mm.
Overall, it depends on the size of your building as well as the features. Many pillars can translate into more bags of cement etc. So, tell about the size and unless you own a truck or delivery of materials site is FOC, one would expect to have the cost of transporting them to site.

Fellow students of this Academy can say something before the Profs rap it up.
Meanwhile, give us more details as requested above.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
Jussi:

@imiegba1

You are right, certain details are missing from your quote (e.g. quanitity of gravel/granite, water, wood etc). However, cost seems to include arc and carpentry work. Maybe it's better to clarify what's included. Quote doesn't include water which tends to suggest there's a good source of water on site. You may ask for the details of the rods, lengths and sizes, as you may need a couple of 6mm in addition to several lengths of 12mm.
Overall, it depends on the size of your building as well as the features. Many pillars can translate into more bags of cement etc. So, tell about the size and unless you own a truck or delivery of materials site is FOC, one would expect to have the cost of transporting them to site.

Fellow students of this Academy can say something before the Profs rap it up.
Meanwhile, give us more details as requested above.

Very correct sir, size matters, and all those other points you mentioned.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
Some picture updates from this site.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2011
This man surely and really know his stuff . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 02, 2011
Good job
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Dec 02, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:28am On Dec 02, 2011
this arc design is between the living room and the dining, you can see how the conduit fitting is neatly showing through the concrete, that show the guy knows his work.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:32am On Dec 02, 2011
some sections where decking wood was removed, conduit fitting also visible.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by imiegba1: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
benimeogu:

I just received this quotation from an Aluminum expert. The quotation is very scary to me and i will need help from the nairaland family or from anybody with experience that have installed aluminum hand rails and stairs.

1. stairs one.
   - 1st flight     4.0
   - 2nd flight    4.0
   -3rd Flight     2.7 *2.7
   -stairs gallary 1.4*1.1
Total  15.9M  price  N636,000

2. Stairs two.
   -1st Flight 2.6
   -2nd flight 4.0
   -stairs gallary 1.4
Total  8.0M    Price N320,000

3.Void Area.
  -2.7m*1.5m*2.6m*1.5m*2.6m
Total 13.6m  = price  N544,000

4. Curve Veranda
    6.7m  = N268,000

5. Downstairs Veranda
   4.0*4.0 *2.9
   Total = 10.9m  = N436,000

Please other experts can quote for the job.
buimeogu@aol.com

spyder880:

Very correct sir, size matters, and all those other points you mentioned.
This is the First floor of a Four 3 bedroom flat.Is the price reasonable
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
I have been thinking in the last 2 hours, we are going to study the possibility of changing some old patterns in building, stay tuned as me and the engineers here brainstorm on some possible ways of doing lintels to make it more cost efficient and save time.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
For the trained engineers here, this question goes to you, I have been thinking out an idea, which I think should have been in use for a long time. Why do we have to be using wooden planks every time we do lintel works? Not only are woods expensive, but we must pay the carpenter, ensure he sets all the wood straight on the lintels and even work to remove the wood later on, (we could pay to get the wood removed)

Can we not make a metal form work that is fixable and shift-able from site to site? I will sketch what I have in mind later, but the general dimensions should be 15'' in width x 12ft in length (although we could make shorter and longer versions of it so that if we come to a place where the house has special shapes, we can use the special sizes,) we could even make some for circular shaped walls.

The metal could be placed on both sides of the block to form lintels, it should have fitted bottoms for the doors and windows, bolts could be used to pass though the sides, connecting the two side boards, it could be made to work on 6'' blocks and also 9'' by using longer bolts when we set it up for use on 9'' blocks.

The only challenge I can see now is how to extract the bolts when the concrete is dried, and I think we could use a small metal pipes which we can cut and place between the metal boards, then insert the bolts through one side, passing inside the small pipe and then coming out from the other side, then the nuts will be used to tighten it. It will be impossible to remove the pipe after the concrete is dry, so we can leave it with the lintel as we remove the bolts and metal boards, I also think the boards should be oiled daily after use to prevent it from rusting.

Do you guys think it is cumbersome, think of the cost of transporting it from site to site, the maintenance, the extra worker to operate the device, the pipes that will be left in the concrete. Then compare it with the existing practice of using wood.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^ Takes a great mind to think outside of the box . . . mail me and let us talk about this in detail, or call me +1-647-702-8336 or leave your number, let us talk.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by olubuffett: 3:39am On Dec 03, 2011
@ Sypder

How u dey? In response to your question above you be surprise that they do sell ready made lintel (not in 9ja o) at least i have not seen one , so what you need to do is build your lintel on ground in your propose metal plate and get some guy to get it up, how they will lift it na anoda thing.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:14am On Dec 03, 2011
olubuffett:

@ Sypder

How u dey? In response to your question above you be surprise that they do sell ready made lintel (not in 9ja o) at least i have not seen one , so what you need to do is build your lintel on ground in your propose metal plate and get some guy to get it up, how they will lift it na anoda thing.

Long time, you just left us here, e no good o grin

The lintel they build on the ground, is it concrete with rods inside? If so, the weigh fit pull some people hernia o grin grin

Think of workers trying to lift 9'' wide lintel as long as 12 feet, must weigh at least 3000kg.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2011
olubuffett:

@ Sypder

How to lift I I'm sure that will be another problem. . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
Am Alone:

How to lift I I'm sure that will be another problem. . . .

Well said, but i am sure with the idea of Spyder, it might work . . . just have to brainstorm on how to make it happen with great efficiency
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
My workers will resume on Monday as they are taking Sunday off. Updates include the casting of 2 rooms with concrete and the topping of blocks on the casted sections.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2011
spyder880:

My workers will resume on Monday as they are taking Sunday off. Updates include the casting of 2 rooms with concrete and the topping of blocks on the casted sections.

Good work . . . .They could rest on Sunday and be ready for marathon work on Monday thru Saturday . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
^^^ yesoo, thats the plan.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ yesoo, thats the plan.

Just make sure dem no drink ogogoro on Sunday oh , , , , cos we cant afford any hangover on monday morning oh.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2011
^^^ Lolssss!

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.