Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Opinion: Exciting Times Ahead For Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Exciting Times Ahead For Anambra State (139 Views)

Peter Obi, Jesus Or Judas: What Lies Ahead For Labour Party By Abasifreke Odion / Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / 2019 Senate: Tough Battles Ahead For Okorocha, Yari and 8 other 2nd Term Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Exciting Times Ahead For Anambra State by kilisi(m): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2021
I remember vividly as a student in 2008 when Professor Charles Soludo came to University of Ibadan for a guest lecture. The event took place at the famous Trenchard Hall, UI. He was the governor of CBN then and that was my first and only time of seeing him live.

It was one of the best guest lecture I ever attended as a student. But what I really remember about that guest event was seeing Soludo with so many macroeconomics guru in his entourage, many of them with grey hairs and beards. And no, they weren't old men but middle aged men who were instrumental in effectively managing the complex fiscal and monetary policies of the Nigerian economy.

This led me to form an opinion about Soludo as a person: Apart from the fact that he was a brilliant economist - one of the very best we have around - he is also a great human resources manager. As we all know, the best managers are not necessarily those who do things themselves but those who motivate others to the best of their abilities. Soludo had a great team of professors, doctors and the likes as part of his team at the CBN back then. Governance involves managing human resources and material resources in the best way possible to achieve the greatest possible economic prosperity and I believe Soludo will transform Anambra state to become one of the best states in Nigeria. Don't forget that he was able to manage Nigeria's economy in a good way, so Anambra state which is smaller shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Whisper it loud at the rooftop: Anambra state will be transformed.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Exciting Times Ahead For Anambra State by hisgrace090: 11:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Cnpp Chieftain Yinka Olona Congratulates Prof. Chukwuma Soludo On Emergence / #endsars Panel: Time To Draw A Line In The Sand / Endsars Probe Panel Report: We Wait For The States, President Buhari Tells Blink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.