Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues (19914 Views)

Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by babatee90(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
Collinsaik:
all the persons who betrayed the biafran cause died shameful deaths.
This is why I hate some Igbo people…y’all want a fair trial for Kanu that’s allegedly done slightly less than Shekau.. but your rejoicing over another man who was killed because of the love for his people…I just wish they give y’all the biafra you looking for so the senseless killings you are used to should remain there
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by losom(f): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
HonNL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5_RqE-EM7I
Mr. Nkang Essien
Former Controller of Prison- Port Harcourt (1995-1996) at the Human Rights Violation Investigation Commission of Nigeria (otherwise known as the "Oputa Panel"wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnWO40yaFhc
Ibrahim Agboola Gambari, then UN envoy, defends the execution of the Ogoni 9, despite condemnation from the UN

And the same Gambari is the current chief of staff to the president? I weep for this country
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by OLRAYS(m): 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mancrossfire:

You remember that man in Fendi?
Cage like a bird?
you get bad mouth I swearugod. grin

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Plusk4u: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nigeria Government can kill the messager but cannot kill the message.
May the gentle Soul of our great hero's rest in perfect peace.��
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by dRefiner: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
"YOU CAN KILL THE MESSENGER, BUT U CANNOT KILL THE MESSAGE" (KEN-SARO WIWA) live on LEGEND.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by archbishop007(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
mofedamijo:
I am reading some rumours here about Ken.... That is normal.

One thing I have learnt in my journey through life is to pick my fights. Don't fight a fight that you're not sure the people behind you will always be by your side no matter what. Also,
if you're fighting for a course, be sure that those behind you will continue the fight even when you are gone.

I look at the present Ogoni leaders, they are all after thier pockets, and they do not care what happens to the people. This wasn't the reason Ken fought for his people.

DON'T LOSE YOUR LIFE FOR UNLOYAL PEOPLE.

Well said...thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2021
ipobarecriminals:
sad sad Where is Gen Sani Abacha today? God will not sleep
He died like a dog. Shame on his cancerous soul
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 11, 2021
KingTom:
There were rumours of him being a close ally to Abacha, some even say upon hearing his judgement, the deceased asked if Abacha was aware of his sentence, only to be shown Abacha's signature on his death warrant. These were just really rumours tho
Lies by Igbos who abhor Ken.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 11, 2021
Nonli1:
He was a traitor and he died like one. The people he connived with to fight his Igbo brothers killed him. I don't pity him, he deserved what he got
He didn't want to be missed by Talibans. Ken is the bravest Nigerian ever lived. He knew what he was getting into; he was 100 times more intelligent than any Igbo man. So, save your useless pity.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by FunkyJustice(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2021
"what kind of a country is this,,why are you people treating me like this"

So deep and painful words from the late activist,, man's inhumanity to man,

You will be remembered forever,,and struggle continues
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Ekealterego: 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
babatee90:
This is why I hate some Igbo people…y’all want a fair trial for Kanu that’s allegedly done slightly less than Shekau.. but your rejoicing over another man who was killed because of the love for his people…I just wish they give y’all the biafra you looking for so the senseless killings you are used to should remain there
Nigerians, the world doesn't revolve around you. Ken also active in making sure his fellow Biafrans died. So, you want a victim to be cry over the death of someone who saw to the death of his family members?

You guys never look at things from the other side. At the end of the day, the Nigeria he betrayed his supposed people from hanged him like an agric fowl.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Akuchinyere(f): 10:52am On Nov 12, 2021
Nonli1:
He was a traitor and he died like one. The people he connived with to fight his Igbo brothers killed him. I don't pity him, he deserved what he got

Remain blessed
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by jaxxy(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nonli1:

Is he Igbo? Does he speak Igbo? Who and who are Biafra?
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Igboid: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ekealterego:

See this poverty stricken guy that could not hold on to his poorly paid hotel jobs?

As I said, you can dream... Now, go and wallow in your poverty.

Wiwa was a murderer who murdered Kogbara, a pro Biafra Ogoni leaders who opposed his stupid anti Igbo and pro NIGERIA stand.

When the war ended, the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba co travellers made Wiwa head of Ogoni ahead of the likes of Kogbara who was pro Biafra.
Wiwa thought he had hit gold mine, until it became obvious to him that the Hausa-Fulani are not as soft as the Igbos.
He started asking for resource control, they told him No!
He wanted to rile up the entire Ogoni against Nigerian Army, Chief Kogbara rejected such stupid step that could get them exterminated, afterall Kogbara saw what the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba partners were after when he sided Biafra while Igbo-hate filled Wiwa bit his nose to spite his face, thinking he was doing the Igbos by helping Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas to defeat Biafra.
Note that Chief Kogbara was Biafra high commisioner at London and worked hard for Biafra international recognition. It's for his sake and the sake of other thousands of Ogonis who enrolled into Biafra Army to help us win the war while senseless Wiwa blinded by stupid Igbophobia worked as fifth columnist for the Nigerian side, that I have soft spot for Ogoni. They deserved better, but Igbophobia driven Saro Wiwa did them "dirty".

Anyway, when Kogbara refused his(Saro Wiwa) attempt to use Ogoni masses against the FG, Wiwa got his MOSOP urchins to murder Kogbara and other Ogoni chiefs who supported Kogbara.
He was arrested by the FG for the murder of the Ogoni chiefs by his boys and was rightly executed.
He wasn't killed for being a champion for resource control, he was killed so that Kogbara family and the families of Ogoni chiefs Wiwa and his boys killed could get justice and peace.

Read this article by Chief Kogbara daughter:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/an-appeal-for-my-fathers-remainsas-mosop-seeks-for-saro-wiwas-exoneration/amp/

It is an injustice to Kogbara family and other Ogoni chiefs Saro Wiwa and his violent MOSOP urchins murdered in cold blood, that Saro Wiwa is being called a Hero and not a cold worthless murderer he is.
But this is NIGERIA where a genocidists graces 20 naira note and have an international airport named after him.
So I guess Saro Wiwa is in good company.

cc: Slayerforever Alexbells Eastlink, Bkayy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by AlexBells(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Wiwa was a murderer who murdered Kogbara, a pro Biafra Ogoni leaders who opposed his stupid anti Igbo and pro NIGERIA stand.

When the war ended, the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba co travellers made Wiwa head of Ogoni ahead of the likes of Kogbara who was pro Biafra.
Wiwa thought he had hit gold mine, until it became obvious to him that the Hausa-Fulani are not as soft as the Igbos.
He started asking for resource control, they told him No!
He wanted to rile up the entire Ogoni against Nigerian Army, Chief Kogbara rejected such stupid step that could get them exterminated, afterall Kogbara saw what the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba partners were after when he sided Biafra while Igbo-hate filled Wiwa bit his nose to spite his face, thinking he was doing the Igbos by helping Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas to defeat Biafra.
Not that Chief Kogbara was Biafra high commisioner at London and worked hard for Biafra international recognition. It's for his sake and the sake of other thousands of Ogonis who enrolled into Biafra Army to help us win the war while senseless Wiwa blinded by stupid Igbophobia worked as fifth columnist for the Nigerian side, that I have soft spot for Ogoni. They deserved better, by Igbophobia driven Saro Wiwa did them "dirty".

Anyway, when Kogbara refused his(Saro Wiwa) attempt to use Ogoni masses against the FG, Wiwa got his MOSOP urchins to murder Kogbara and other Ogoni chiefs who supported Kogbara.
He was arrested by the FG for the murder of the Ogoni chiefs by his boys and was rightly executed.
He wasn't killed for being a champion for resource control, he was killed so that Kogbara family and the families of Ogoni chiefs Wiwa and his boys killed could get justice and peace.

Read this article by Chief Kogbara daughter:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/an-appeal-for-my-fathers-remainsas-mosop-seeks-for-saro-wiwas-exoneration/amp/

It is an injustice to Kogbara family and other Ogoni chiefs Saro Wiwa and his violent MOSOP urchins murdered in cold blood, that Saro Wiwa is being called a Hero and not a cold worthless murderer he is.
But this is NIGERIA where a genocidists graces 20 naira note and have an international airport named after him.
So I guess Saro Wiwa is in good company.

cc: Slayerforever Alexbells Eastlink, Bkayy
The fact still remains that envy had destroyed the other Eastern region and if you watched well only those Eastern tribes that did not really betray us are doing well, look at Akwaibom and Cross River, Compare their performance with Bayelsa, Ogonis are so irrelevant in Rivers and their land so messed up not by the Igbos but by their allies, Ijaw land of Bayelsa is nothing to write home about and by the time we seize PH both Ijaws and Ogonis will no longer have a standard city. Nothing to show for all their oil wealth, envy is terrible

3 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Igboid: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
AlexBells:

The fact still remains that envy had destroyed the other Eastern region and if you watched well only those Eastern tribes that did not really betray us are doing well, look at Akwaibom and Cross River, Compare their performance with Bayelsa, Ogonis are so irrelevant in Rivers and their land so messed up not by the Igbos but by their allies, Ijaw land of Bayelsa is nothing to write home about and by the time we seize PH both Ijaws and Ogonis will no longer have a standard city. Nothing to show for all their oil wealth, envy is terrible

Ogoni deserves better.
Majority of their people and leaders unlike Ijaws were pro Biafra before and during the war.
Saro Wiwa was to Ogoni what Asika Ukpabi was to Ndiigbo post civil war.
They were traitors who were outsiders before the war but were imposed on the people post civil war.
The only difference is that why Igbos being a majority ethnic group rejected Asika,Ogoni youths embraced Wiwa post civil war, thinking that he could use his links to Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas to secure them resource control.
Turned out Wiwa was living in fools paradise. The people under counsel of retired and emasculated but yet well respected elders like Kogbara started rejecting Wiwa battle with his one time friends (the FG controlled by Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas).
He couldn't accept rejection, so he and his boys started using terror to force Ogoni people to fall in line with his dictates.
That was how they murdered Chief Kogbara and other Ogoni chiefs, which led to his arrest, trial and death sentence by firing squad.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Donjossy1010(f): 12:24am On Nov 13, 2021
Saro-wiwa, was betrayed by his kinsmen..... Ogoni chiefs sold Ken for a cup of oil. Though Ken, thought he was with the North and the North showed him why 'fear north' were written in the Bible.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by Igboid: 12:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Donjossy1010:
Saro-wiwa, was betrayed by his kinsmen..... Ogoni chiefs sold Ken for a cup of oil. Though Ken, thought he was with the North and the North showed him why 'fear north' were written in the Bible.

No one betrayed Wiwa.
Wiwa was a murderer who killed Chief Kogbara and other Ogoni chiefs who didn't agree with his methods.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/an-appeal-for-my-fathers-remainsas-mosop-seeks-for-saro-wiwas-exoneration/amp/
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:20am On Nov 13, 2021
Mancrossfire:

You should thanks ken saro that he saved your race from been wipe out during the war. Your run away hero handed over 3 millions of your people to dead through greed and stupidity

Ojukwu is not and can never be my Hero..

And how did Ken Saro wiwa saved Igbos??
Una go just open una Smelly mouth dey yarn nonsense..
I hope say your MODA ToTo no dey smell like your mouth too ?? grin grin grin
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa: 'Africa kills her Sun" - 26 years after, the struggle continues by SlayerForever: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2021
AlexBells:

Lol. I like the gloominess of this writeup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos White Paper On #EndSARS Judicial Panel Report In Pictures / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail / Buhari To Hold Prayer For Nigeria In Mecca - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.