Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission (26977 Views)

15 By-elections: PDP Kicks As APC Wins In Lagos, Bauchi, Others / Oshiomhole Forecloses Automatic Tickets For Kogi, Bauchi, Kaduna Govs / Victory In Katsina, Kogi, Bauchi — Is APC Really Affected By Defections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Jobminister: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2021
Why not include the whole country.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2021
I think that NDDC should be renamed to accommodate new oil producing states or Each region should incorporate a commission to serves as similar functions in their region as NDDC.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2021
Gireiboy:

I'm absolutely sure you're an Igbo(very ignorant and stupid set of people), they bill was sponsored by a Yoruba person, mumu.

Modify;I want to apologize for insulting you.I am very ignorant and I apologize
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by xOracle(m): 9:31am On Nov 11, 2021
The obvious plot is to hijack the NDDC commission for a mallam to become Both MD & Minister.. What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by AntiWailer: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2021
InoGetJoy:

This is an exhaustive list of the cretins we have in this forum

When you get home, you will see m0r0n who duplicated himself in u.

That is the cretin
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by King44(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Sluvist(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2021
Funny enough, those that even claim the been the Niger Deltans can not boast of any benefit that the NDDC brought to the region right from the day it was created. Despite the huge sum pumping into the ministry every month.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Mrklemo(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2021
How is this possible?
Proud Akwa ibom son.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Cognitivereason: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Well Niger delta states includes state with proven oil and gas deposits not south south...
I don't see y many are wailing...it still won't guarantee a chunk of allocation to those states...last time I checked IMO and abia are part of NDDC but received very little allocation due to their quite insignificant production compared Rivers, akwa ibom and bayelsa
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Vado(m): 9:38am On Nov 11, 2021
Iamachildofgod:
States like Benue, Kogi, Kwara are supposed to be captured as Southern states, I don't see why they call it North Central, there's nothing Central there.

Politics of covetousness. Even Facebook location algorithm knows Ilorin is Oyo. You can't select Ilorin Kwara on it.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by APCNig: 9:39am On Nov 11, 2021
10mobile:
grin
Do these guys think at all? Imagine calling Borno a Niger Delta state! Let's scrap the senate and replace it with Nairaland because many Nairalanders actually think better than the so-called senators.

If you support my motion, say hi. Otherwise, say ho.

My brother, the 13% derivation given to Oil Producing States is shared according to the quantity of Oil gotten from the States. This is why the States do not get equal money. So, if a so-called Oil Producing State produced Zero Oil within the period, it will get Zero Naira from the 13% shared. This is also with NDDC, projects are shared based on Oil money gotten from each State.

So, if they like, they can include the Niger Republic which is the original home state of the lifeless dangerous mannequin hiding inside the Rock. If Niger Republic produces Zero Oil within the period, it will get Zero Naira and Zero NDDC project.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by yemiyemi: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Penguin2:
As usual, Yoruba man is doing what they know how to do best.

He must be angry southeast has 2 states in the commission and Southwest has only one state.

Now, so it won’t seem like he’s asking for Lagos inclusion alone, that’s why he’s including Gombe, Bauchi, and Kogi.

The idiot should kukuma sponsor a bill to change Nigeria’s name to Niger Delta.

Onye ala!

What is wrong in proposing, initiating or sponsor a bill in the house?....This bill in question would be thoroughly debated and treated on case by case basis.... For me, there is no justification to include States that have oil but were yet to be explored thereby contributing nothing to the cofers of Nigeria commonwealth.

In addition, if perhaps, some new oil producing states emerges from other region different from Niger Delta States, there should be another commission other than NDDC to take care of them. NDDC as the name implies should be strictly for States that falls under Niger Delta.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Gval123: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2021
So u mean that Senator from EDO STATE is the only person that can speak for our region? or we nor get other senators to support the man? chai. na money spoil us so or na watin?
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Ikpunekenwa(m): 10:11am On Nov 11, 2021
Abujason:

Not fair oo.
How can you leave my best friend Benuejosh off that enviable list? He has been working so hard to outdo a lot of those people you have on the roll.

Thanks for the update, the list is already updated.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Psalmistproject: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2021
Don27tiky:
bro hide your ignorance for once na. Niger delta is not a region in Nigeria it is South south state . A state can be In any region and still be part of the NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION. Just as IMO, and ondo have been part of that commission for a long time but no one refer to them as south south state. Those who liked your comment are in the same ignorant shoe as yours

You are the one suffering from chronic ignorance.
The concept of Niger delta even has nothing to do with oil but its location around Atlantic ocean.

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Don27tiky(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2021
Psalmistproject:

You are the one suffering from chronic ignorance.
The concept of Niger delta even has nothing to do with oil but its location around Atlantic ocean.
COMMISSION bro COMMISSION and not region.. get it now?
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Psalmistproject: 10:24am On Nov 11, 2021
Don27tiky:
COMMISSION bro COMMISSION and not region.. get it now?

Now you say commission.
What is commission? Politics, reason, or reality?
NDDC was established to contain the environmental and social impact of oil exploration along the states within the Atlantic Coast as their livelihood are directly affected.

Coining the unrelated states into it is simply a plot to diminish their budget. It's outright politics of divide and steal and weaken.

Please don't defend shit it's not good for your aura. Stay away from it.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by agabaI23(m): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2021
This people are insanely arrogant
Borno is Niger Delta? Include the whole North
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by sulaak(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2021
temitope27:
borno av oil, oil is nt only found in Delta area

They can setup up the North East commission and use the Borno oil and gas to fund it. I just give up on Nigerians
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Hamiltonii: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Kwanza:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/10/senate-moves-to-include-kogi-bauchi-others-amongst-niger-delta-commission/

It should be reverted to Oil Mineral Producing Area Development Commission (OMPADEC)
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by abeggnow: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2021
10mobile:
grin
Do these guys think at all? Imagine calling Borno a Niger Delta state! Let's scrap the senate and replace it with Nairaland because many Nairalanders actually think better than the so-called senators.

this is a problem i have with Nigerian leaders. Niger delta is not called that becos of oil production the whole idea of the commision is to address the massive pollution and lack nb of development oil production has done in those sate. all this states plus even imo and abia state are not surpose to be part of NDDC cos oil production has not caused single damge to the enviroment in this places
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Don27tiky(m): 11:01am On Nov 11, 2021
Psalmistproject:

Now you say commission.
What is commission? Politics, reason, or reality?
NDDC was established to contain the environmental and social impact of oil exploration along the states within the Atlantic Coast as their livelihood are directly affected.

Coining the unrelated states into it is simply a plot to diminish their budget. It's outright politics of divide and steal and weaken.

Please don't defend shit it's not good for your aura. Stay away from it.
they are not doing that to diminish any budget. Bauchi has oil in large quantity too. As well as kogi and Gombe state. Are you in anyway suggesting a new commission created for them as oil producing states? What exactly do you want. Bauchi and Gombe have oil in commercial quantities as akwaibom and bayeslsa imo and ondo but don’t have refineries
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by IvarDboneless: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2021
countryfive:
grin if them like make them include Niger Republic
As an NDDC state eno concern me . I don port since
Buhari win second term. Nothing for nigeria sweat me again .even super eagles world & nations cup qualifiers i no watch again...
Your own better ooh...still working my own way to porting...I seriously need to leave.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by addictiv(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2021
But the northerners already have North East Development Commission or something like that that was meant to serve as a northern version of NDDC which they created after they claimed they have started seeing oil. Unless the claimed oil discovered is a fluke and not in commercial quantities, I see no reason they will want to be joined with the Southern dominant NDDC. It could also be a ploy to take over the operations of NDDC and turn it to a northern affair as they did with NNPC. However all these will not matter in the next 10 to 20 years. Oil is on its retirement lap. The world has moved to renewables and green energy. Soon we will have to drink our oil.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by yemmie(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2021
What a joke of a country.
The legislative arm of the country filled with
Educated illiterates - “ person who has an educational degree but no values, no common sense”.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Okwyjesus(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2021
10mobile:
grin

It seems Niger Delta don't understand that the kind of money that flows through the commission is catching the attention of the powers that be.

So northern states must share in it.

South south must fight their battles themselves else...,

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by StreetMedia: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2021
The ink is finished... NIGERIA is finished.
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by lexy2014: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2021
Sammy07:
grin

Stop speaking like this.
The Oil generated from South South is being used generally to The north and Nigerians

Same goes to South East gas, or you think say pipelines no pass from owerri to Kaduna, Lagos, Ogun? cheesy

Like wise South West Borders money is been shared across

Which one is south east gas?
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by Biafrarep(m): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2021
gentiles:

So, Lagos cannot be called Niger Delta, but Anambra should be referred as Niger Delta Area Abi?

Go pick any atlas or check Google maps, look at the location of Anambra state again before you start asking unreasonable questions.

What does Niger Delta mean? It literally means the areas surrounding the mouth of the River Niger and its tributries as it empties into the ocean! Now, Anambra lies along the River Niger and shares borders with Delta, Imo, Rivers and Abia States. These states I mentioned alongside Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa are the real geographical Niger Delta.

It is shear stupidity to call Lagos at the far western end of Nigeria and others like Borno, Gombe etc Niger Delta. That's gross foolishness!

What happens to creating Dahomey Basin Development Commission, DBDC for Lagos or Chad Basin Development Commission, CBDC for Borno and others in the NE?

It is such crass irresponsibility, injustice and cheating that causes instability and makes Nigeria unattractive as a nation.

I only pity the Niger Delta minorities for being so timid, they will rather insult Igbos who are at the forefront of fighting all these madness than uniting with them to forge a common front.

Tomorrow, under the banner of NDDC, Gombe, Lagos or Borno without any form of commercial oil production will start producing NDDC chairman or having projects done there, even more than the states producing the oil.

I spit on Nigeria and the madness going on here!!!
Re: Senate To Include Kogi, Bauchi, Others Among Niger Delta Commission by kingsceemark(m): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2021
10mobile:
grin

True talk my friend, but the owner of nairaland dey behave like the Senators

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Heads To Court Over Osun Governorship Election / 2023: PDP Will Handle Wike When His Candidate Is Unveiled, Says Tambuwal / Roads In Abakaliki, My Visit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.